*****Official 2023-2024 Texas Rangers Off-season Thread*****

318,793 Views | 3663 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Grapesoda2525
Water Boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good man.
sburg2007
The struggle has been real… I'm two 59/50 patch hats in (plus one for my best friend I bought us watching the game 5 celebration), 2 '47 brand caps, two pennants for kids, 4 tshirts for kids, tshirt for me, hoodie for myself and wife. Up next are flags to rub in my wife's aunt's face at thanksgiving, hopefully polos and hoodies for Christmas. Oh, forgot ticket stubs too.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I have watched WS/playoff highlights every single day since we won. Every. Single. Day.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
fc2112
There must be something wrong with me. Season ticket holder for over a decade and I haven't bought any World Series gear yet.
Grapesoda2525

Radio feed of 9th inning. Game 5 World Series.
Bobaloo
Watched the radio feed. NEVER GETS OLD!
DallasAg 94
fc2112 said:

There must be something wrong with me. Season ticket holder for over a decade and I haven't bought any World Series gear yet.

I bought a bunch of 2023 WS baseballs and 2 t-shirts ( 1 for and 1 for wife)

I bought a bunch of 2020 WS baseballs, as well.

I plan to get autographs on them. A nice display case with Corey Seager's auto on each.

You'll get there... you'll probably just wait for the back-2-back shirts.
AgBQ-00
AG
Thank God for the Rangers season
fc2112
For those of you who are cheapskates like me.... DHGate has re[;ica WS jerseys for sale now.

In fact, in typical Chinese fashion, they have some that were never worn.

caleblyn
Did you purchase one?
Proposition Joe
fc2112 said:

I'll wait and use the Captains Cash to buy some in 2024. Already got myself a sleek All Star Game pullover.
fc2112
I drink my Captains Cash.
AgBQ-00
AG
Jordan Montgomery interview on Foul Territory ETA: Didn't realize this was posted a month ago.
beagle2009
AG
DallasAg 94
That was great.
AgBQ-00
AG
I think he really likes it here. Hope it can work out to come back
petebaker

Water Boy
AG
I still watch WS content daily.
gibby03
AG
Water Boy said:

I still watch WS content daily.

Every. Damn. Day.

Right there with ya.
twilly
AG
I will tear up for the rest of my life watching stuff like that.
50+ years of emotion takes awhile to get out of you.
Grapesoda2525
Astro fans talking big saying Esparza would've led them to a World Series last year.
Grapesoda2525

Video needs to be updated, but some good ranger moments in there. Personally, I'd take the odor punch out. Odor did nothing after he got that massive contract and the jays got the last laugh by sweeping us right out of the playoffs.

I'd like to forget the odor / banny era even existed.
fc2112
Grapesoda2525 said:

Astro fans talking big saying Esparza would've led them to a World Series last year.
caleblyn
petebaker said:

Thanks for posting.
Proposition Joe
Spoke a bit with Emily Jones out at the TCU game last Saturday and she said while 2023 was the most amazing thing ever, 2011 is still her favorite team. I think I probably feel the same way.
Coppell97
AG
I understand that. Though for me, 2023 Rangers is my favorite team of all time.
AgBQ-00
AG
2011 was full of personality the entire year. They wore their fun (to borrow a phrase from Willie) For all the world to see.

2023 got more expressive as the year went on love both teams felt more connected to 2011.
shack009
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

2011 was full of personality the entire year. They wore their fun (to borrow a phrase from Willie) For all the world to see.

2023 got more expressive as the year went on love both teams felt more connected to 2011.

Yeah the claw and antlers stuff all year with all the fun merch and then all the characters and personalities on the team that you could tell were just having so much fun playing together.

We saw a lot more of that from this team as the postseason went on and we heard them talk in the interviews with the fox crew. The Creed thing popped up at the very end of the year for the fans to jump on with.
Proposition Joe
Yeah, I think the biggest issue with the 2023 team and feeling "connected" to it is that Seager and Semien are hyper-professional in how they go about things and aren't big on showing a ton of emotion (which is why Seager's yell after the HR in Game 1 was so epic). And then you've got Evan Carter who you feel like we barely had a chance to get to know before he was doing incredible things.
Danny Vermin
That's a tough one. I'm buddies with a member of the 2011 team and hung out with them regularly during the season as was part of his entourage when they were out and about. That said, as a lifelong Ranger fan, who grew up in Arlington , winning the World Series is an absolute lifelong dream.

Here is a pic of me wearing his ALCS championship ring after the season.

Jimmy McNulty
AG
That and Ballys....
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Danny Vermin said:

That's a tough one. I'm buddies with a member of the 2011 team and hung out with them regularly during the season as was part of his entourage when they were out and about. That said, as a lifelong Ranger fan, who grew up in Arlington , winning the World Series is an absolute lifelong dream.

Here is a pic of me wearing his ALCS championship ring after the season.

Was it Kinsler? I saw him out several times when he was playing here.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/rangers-ditching-bally-sports-after-2024/ar-AA1jUnrm?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=92b3c72ec0d4437c83646ef15f75250b&ei=30&fbclid=IwAR3bAFnpCyeAgk9qRzBlFtKTi-durmEYdAvMB7EFmLsdpMvMCqllVFuDjwA_aem_AUEhtqMUOkb9AkT1QMXDoUvkM7elTHnX_HrFEXQmriMTnRmVzBLCzKSZ-Yyx7OY9RCg

So the Rangers get to ditch Bally after next season.
_lefraud_
AG
How do AZ and now MINN get out of their deals, but TEX and others can't until 2025?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Article says Minnesota's deal is already up so they're just not getting renewed. Bally's is apparently bailing out of broadcasting baseball altogether once the contracts are done.

They gave up the rights to the Diamondbacks.
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.