Are Astros and Rangers rivals?

6,373 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Grapesoda2525
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think yes especially after this season. As an Astros fan I will say I hate the Yankees more still and that new rivalry is heated based on 4 playoff matchups in the last 8 seasons.

So id say for me, Yankees are 1 and rangers are 2. But that could flip if both Texas teams matchup again in October soon
dixichkn
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

It's a one sided rivalry that only Houston cares about, like every other sport where Houston gets a shot at the big time.

Just look at how the Houston crowd reacts whenever they get a shot at the Cowboys …

Houston will always be the little brother of Dallas, and Astros fans hate that.
Sure you're not a sip? You sure sound like one
agent-maroon
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

It actually happened. We all watched it happen.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jsimonds58
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Guess what? No one gives a **** if you recognize them or not. It's officially a World Series championship. It's in the records books. It actually happened. We all watched it happen.

AgsWin2011
AG
Serious question. Why do Astros think Semien is a D-bag? I understand their hate for Adolis, but not for Semien.

Is it because during the regular season, he "hushed" the crowd after one of his home runs? That's the only thing I can think he ever did to piss them off.

Semien seems to always be first class. He just can't hit to save his life this postseason.
tjack16
AG

#RIVALRY
Conchovalleyag
AG
tjack16 said:

#RIVALRY
Yeah when I saw this on Saturday I thought....well guess that answers that question
South Platte
tjack16 said:

I think yes especially after this season. As an Astros fan I will say I hate the Yankees more still and that new rivalry is heated based on 4 playoff matchups in the last 8 seasons.

So id say for me, Yankees are 1 and rangers are 2. But that could flip if both Texas teams matchup again in October soon
Yeah, over the next 5 years the AL is going to be a blood bath. Clawing your way into the AL playoffs is going to create a bunch of rivalries.
Muy
AG
tjack16 said:

#RIVALRY

How embarrassing
TAMU1990
AG
agproducer said:

DallasAg 94 said:

agproducer said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Astros are likely going to tumble in 2024... likely won't make the post-season and some how play victim.
Not make the postseason in 2024? C'mon, man. Take off your Rangers-colored glasses. The Astros team was unhealthy for most of the year. The pitching was worn out from year after year going deep in the playoffs -- AND they still pushed the Rangers to 7 games in their 7th straight ALCS.

They are returning most of the players they had this year, and they're going to get pitching help back.

To make that claim is just wrong.
So tired of the "injury" excuse from the Astros. We had 5 of our 6 All-Stars on the IL at the same time mid-season. None of us cried boohoo... it is a fact of baseball.

I tracked the rotations all summer. I predicted the Astros rotation would wear down. Not because of year-afte-year.
Javier: 162.0 IP ('23), 148.2 IP (.22), 101.1 IP ('21), 54.1 IP ('20)
Framber: 198.0 ('23), 201.1 ('22), 134.2 ('21), 70.2 ('20)
Verlander: 162.1 ('23), 175.0 ('22), 0.0 ('21), 6.0 ('20)
Brown: 155.2 ('23), 20.1 ('22), 0.0 ('21)
Urquidy: 63.0 ('23), 164.1 ('22), 107.0 ('21), 29.2 ('20)
France: 136.1 ('23), 0.0 ('22)

Javier, Brown and France all had career-highs in innings.

Framber jumped from 134 to over 200 in '22, then nearly 200 in '23.

That is a big jump for young arms. But they did wear down.

Add 97 postseason games since 2017, that's a lot of additional mileage along with a month less of rest each year. They've played 60% of a full season in postseason games since 2017.

In addition, Urquidy, Garcia and Javier pitched in the WBC.

Injuries are a big part of baseball. Astros lost Altuve for two months, Urquidy for about 2 months, Garcia for the season, LMJ for the season, Yordan only played in 114 games, Brantley played in only 15 games. Those are big pieces to be gone.

For your Rangers all-star injury claims -- the one with the fewest games played was Seager with 119 games. That's more than Yordan (114) and Altuve (90).

For pitching, Perez was the only Rangers SP in the WBC.

Since you are a "real" baseball fan, take a look at the numbers. I'm not taking anything away from what the Rangers have done. I'm just saying that we need to be real about things.

ac
It is now. But as a long time Astros fan, I still haven't gotten used to it yet. After so many years in the NL, I thought of teams like the Cards, Dodgers & Mets as the Astros' true rivals. To be honest, I barely gave much thought to the Rangers during those years, with the exception of when Nolan Ryan played for them. But things change and evolve over time and the Rangers & 'stros have truly become rivals.
ac
Grapesoda2525
LarryElder said:

All the **** talking from fat **** ranger fans on my Facebook feed says Arlington cares a lot

Go dbacks
This post didn't age well. Imagining this guy on the couch screaming in a high pitched voice " go answerbacks!" Right along with John Smoltz.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.