***Official Houston Astros 2023-24 Offseason Thread*** [Staff Warning - OP]

899,523 Views | 11245 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Lonestar_Ag09
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
linkdude
AG
That's almost as bad as "best shape of their life" headlines. If anything we need to be more selective with our aggression.
spadilly
S
n_touch
Anyone that says the early 90's wasn't the greatest time is lying. Everyone wants to go back.
Big Bucks
AG
I don't NEED that jacket but boy do I want it!
All I do is Nguyen
n_touch said:

Anyone that says the early 90's wasn't the greatest time is lying. Everyone wants to go back.
I miss the 94 blue and gold unis
Beat40
n_touch said:

90's kids.

I honestly lump the 80s and 90s together.
Beat40
Guys - I went to the Homage website to look at the start jackets already out, and all of them are sold out except the Angels! Hilarious!

Thanks to the Angels, I know those jackets are $165.

Check it out for yourself:
https://www.homage.com/collections/starter-jackets/baseball
Taxman90
AG
I still have my Aggie Starter jacket in a closet somewhere. May be time to bring that baby back out!
The Porkchop Express
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

astros4545 said:

8 is way too low...easily 5
It's because of his health. He missed 48 games last year. Guy can't be Top 5 if he's unavailable for 30% of the games.

How many games did/will judge, trout and ohtani miss and get back to me
Count up the MVP trophies for those guys, then for Yordan and get back to me.

The Porkchop Express
The Rangers' FBL league that me and another Astro fan infiltrated last year has reopened. I am hoping to take Joey Gallo in the first round for a second straight year. Hopefully with the #1 pick this time.

Then I will pick every single player on the Rangers roster so I can go to thread and gripe about how the Rangers' struggles are killing my fantasy team, with accompanying screenshots to avoid the ban.
texasaggie2015
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen

The Rangers' FBL league that me and another Astro fan infiltrated last year has reopened. I am hoping to take Joey Gallo in the first round for a second straight year. Hopefully with the #1 pick this time.

Then I will pick every single player on the Rangers roster so I can go to thread and gripe about how the Rangers' struggles are killing my fantasy team, with accompanying screenshots to avoid the ban.
Careful there Porkchop, you just pulled an Obama and told the enemy what you're doing on a public forum so now they will know who to blame!
CFTXAG10
AG
Soon. Tomorrow.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AgSportsFan89
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Good for him. Nice to hear how excited he is.
Farmer1906
AG
The Porkchop Express
All I do is Nguyen said:

Careful there Porkchop, you just pulled an Obama and told the enemy what you're doing on a public forum so now they will know who to blame!
But surely no Rangers fans come to an Astros thread!
texasaggie2015
AG
Speaking of which, I still haven't gotten an explanation from the mods of what rule I broke and got the ban hammer for. But if I post over there again, the full year ban still stands. So weird.
Beat40
Every time I read Spencer Arrighetti's name, I always think his last name is spaghetti.

Hope spaghetti can contribute in 2024!
The Porkchop Express
texasaggie2015 said:

Speaking of which, I still haven't gotten an explanation of what rule I broke and got the ban hammer for. But if I post over there again, the full year ban still stands. So weird.
Other than the year long ban you should post a 5,000 word essay on how Ranger baseball is the epitome of class and you've decided to change allegiances. I'll write it for free. Do you get banned for positive posts?
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Speaking of which, I still haven't gotten an explanation of what rule I broke and got the ban hammer for. But if I post over there again, the full year ban still stands. So weird.

If we win the WS or beat them in the playoffs this year… I anticipate a lot of bans for trolling. Myself included
The Porkchop Express
tjack16 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

If we win the WS or beat them in the playoffs this year… I anticipate a lot of bans for trolling. Myself included
I'm going to be doing some high concept art house trolling if that happens.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
tjack16 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I will have a couple new sock accounts for that purpose
Ag_07
AG
Y'all care way too much about the Rangers.
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah, I want it on record that I'm anti-trolling after the whole fiasco last week
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Agreed. Talk some **** on "neutral ground".
The Porkchop Express
Ag_07 said:

The team that beat us 4 times at home to deny us a trip to the WS?
FrioAg 00
AG
Agreed. Too many Astros fans treating them like rivals already, and 1 successful year isn't enough for them to earn the spot as a rival.

I'd rather stay focused on being better than LA, the Yankees and Braves.
Beau Holder
AG
The one that had one spurt of good games and a very fortunate WS matchup after a half century of irrelevance, still has half the titles and just slightly more than half the pennants the Astros do, and isn't projected anywhere near the top of the AL West this year, yes. Props to them and all, but I'm way more mad at the Astros for blowing that than I am feeling like it was bitterly taken away by someone else.

I'm a little more worried about the Doyers and Yankees this season.
Ag_07
AG

Ag_07 said:

The team that beat us 4 times at home to deny us a trip to the WS?

Yup that's the one.

I wanna see them return back to earth as much as anyone but grown men trolling their fan base on a message board is kinda sad.

Just my $0.02 though
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Huh….we haven't played the sips in years and they're our rival.

The Astros play them a ton and are in state. Theyre 100% a rival. Just because you're better than them doesn't make it not a rivalry.

Ou/osu is one sided but still a rivalry, Georgia/Georgia st etc etc
DeProfundis
bearkatag15 said:

Aaron Judge doesn't even make my top 100 baseball players list, he has generational talent but his stupid face makes me hate him
First Page Last Page
Page 247 of 322

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.