***Official Houston Astros 2023-24 Offseason Thread*** [Staff Warning - OP]

936,903 Views | 11245 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Lonestar_Ag09
ktownag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know what the latest on Whitley is?

Feels like his time has passed, but still relatively young.
Farmer1906
AG
Still on the 40. Appears to be heathy. Moving to bullpen. Dana has mentioned him specifically. Throws 5 pitches. Has appeared on Momentum YouTube a few times, I think. He'll be in ST competing for a roster spot.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Gonna let you down easy.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/evan-longoria-catch/

The dead giveaway is that there is no universe where just one guy is at the plate taking BP without a cage and another player or anyone with a brain is standing where Longoria and the reporter are standing.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Prosperdick
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Gonna let you down easy.

The dead giveaway is that there is no universe where just one guy is at the plate taking BP without a cage and another player or anyone with a brain is standing where Longoria and the reporter are standing.
I was only referring to Steph Curry, not Evan Longoria. Now if Steph's is also fake it certainly looked real to my untrained eye.
redline248
AG
To early to talk lineup construction? How do we feel about Berkman Bregman hitting 2nd? He has a career OPS of .868 batting 2nd. However, his OPS when batting cleanup is .939.

I think I would like to see

Altuve
Tucker
Alvarez
Bregman
Diaz
Abreu
Chas
Pena
Meyers
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Get started Dana
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
The new Nike replica jerseys are way more expensive and don't seem worth it… anybody know anything about these?

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Dana said they are still looking for a reliever to take the maton role (middle of the game). Referenced looking at internal options and free agent options.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Prosperdick said:

Although it's mostly Cruise I still like this celebratory Hader:

Forgot that one! Great stuff. I apologize to eveyrone in advance when you reach your saturation point of being annoyed by my Bill Hader gifs this season.

We'll save this one if he needs a slump buster at some point.

Farmer1906
AG
Between Martinez, Sousa, Whitley, Montero, & Coleman there will be plenty to cover the middle innings.

I'd also keep my eyes on A.J. Blubaugh. He moved to the bullpen for fall league. He's got nice velo, a nasty cutter, and can rack up some Ks.
Cynic
tjack16 said:

The new Nike replica jerseys are way more expensive and don't seem worth it… anybody know anything about these?

Anytime a company brags about being sustainable it's 100% manipulated BS. I wouldn't buy it just because of that.
AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

Between Martinez, Sousa, Whitley, Montero, & Coleman there will be plenty to cover the middle innings.

I'd also keep my eyes on A.J. Blubaugh. He moved to the bullpen for fall league. He's got nice velo, a nasty cutter, and can rack up some Ks.

Yeah I have a feeling that one of those guys above will end up being pretty good and fill that role nicely. If we're lucky, maybe a few of them.

If not, there's always the trade deadline
Farmer1906
AG
Yup. Coleman is my bet. He was so good with KC before 1 bad season.
n_touch
Cynic said:

tjack16 said:

Anytime a company brags about being sustainable it's 100% manipulated BS. I wouldn't buy it just because of that.
Username checks out
spadilly
S
Nike is introducing a new template this year for all teams. Here's some info:

https://uni-watch.com/2023/11/17/arizona-diamondbacks-unveil-new-uniform-set/

https://uni-watch.com/2023/11/06/retail-rangers-jersey-shows-nikes-new-mlb-template/

https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/19/a-close-look-at-an-authentic-not-replica-mlb-jersey-in-nikes-new-template/
tjack16
AG
spadilly said:

Nike is introducing a new template this year for all teams. Here's some info:

https://uni-watch.com/2023/11/17/arizona-diamondbacks-unveil-new-uniform-set/

https://uni-watch.com/2023/11/06/retail-rangers-jersey-shows-nikes-new-mlb-template/

https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/19/a-close-look-at-an-authentic-not-replica-mlb-jersey-in-nikes-new-template/

You could have left out that second link
nbbob
redline248 said:

To early to talk lineup construction? How do we feel about Berkman hitting 2nd? He has a career OPS of .868 baying 2nd. However, his OPS when batting cleanup is .939.

I think I would like to see

Altuve
Tucker
Alvarez
Bregman
Diaz
Abreu
Chas
Pena
Meyers

Berkman was great back in the day but I think if we are even considering batting him 2nd we are in HUGE trouble.
redline248
AG
eh, that's what I get for using my phone while making coffee
EastCoastAgNc
AG

He's been trained well by boras, he's gone
Beat40
Prosperdick said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Gonna let you down easy.

I was only referring to Steph Curry, not Evan Longoria. Now if Steph's is also fake it certainly looked real to my untrained eye.
Unfortunately, both the Longoria and Curry ones are fake.

I posted them because I was saying I think the Ichiro one is fake too.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Still on the 40. Appears to be heathy. Moving to bullpen. Dana has mentioned him specifically. Throws 5 pitches. Has appeared on Momentum YouTube a few times, I think. He'll be in ST competing for a roster spot.
I've seen him in some the Momentum videos, specifically in the live ABs with Eric Sim. Hopefully Forrest is learning how to take care of his body from Bauer and his Momentum team. I do think taking care of the body is something Trevor is very good at.
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

He's been trained well by boras, he's gone

"Haven't really thought about it"

Yeah okay… don't insult our intelligence
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
would prefer Bregman in the 2-hole for two reasons

- last year he had 92 walks and 8 HBP's --- so 100 free bases

- but he also hit into 22 GiDP's (and he's not getting any faster)

if he hits behind Yordan...the opposing manager's standard move will be to walk Yordan and set up Bregman for the GiDP

Tucker only hit into 11 GiDP's
tjack16
AG

I still laugh about this tweet occasionally
Farmer1906
AG
I'm not sure you can go wrong in any order with the top 4.

I think I'd go Altuve, Yordan 1-2.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Are the tweets not working for anyone else? I can see the wording of the tweet but not the photos etc
The Porkchop Express
AG
Cynic said:

tjack16 said:

I can get you a Jose Altvue Houston Astors jersey for $49.99 from a guy on BIsonnet and Beechnut.
redline248
AG
It's a TexAgs issue with loading them, most of the time. On my phone they take forever to load and occasionally time out
First Page Last Page
Page 188 of 322

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.