***Official Houston Astros 2023-24 Offseason Thread*** [Staff Warning - OP]

935,249 Views | 11245 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Lonestar_Ag09
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Post removed:
by user
Beat40
Has our man 2015 returned from the beyond?
n_touch
Beat40 said:

Thought he caught a 30
Marvin
AG
Beat40 said:

I am Spartacus!

On a serious note, I really appreciate staff telling us to contact them directly with moderation issues instead of litigating it on the threads... and then they don't even bother to respond. Great customer service there, guys.
Ag4life80
AG
True customer service is nothing but a throwaway line these days. Only us olds still use it and expect it.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin said:

Beat40 said:

I am Spartacus!

On a serious note, I really appreciate staff telling us to contact them directly with moderation issues instead of litigating it on the threads... and then they don't even bother to respond. Great customer service there, guys.

Email Brandon or the other owners.
tjack16
AG
Ag4life80 said:

True customer service is nothing but a throwaway line these days. Only us olds still use it and expect it.

I genuiely worry/wonder how companies will be run in 30-40 years when this teenage generation are the CEOs/Presidents/Managers
07ag
AG
tjack16 said:

Ag4life80 said:

I genuiely worry/wonder how companies will be run in 30-40 years when this teenage generation are the CEOs/Presidents/Managers
What generation of adults has ever looked at 16 year olds and thought the future was in good hands
https://ts.la/eric59704
Beat40
n_touch said:

Beat40 said:

Thought he caught a 30

I'm thought it was just a 24 HR and then a threat of entire season ban. Went back to check and all posts related to the incident are gone.
Beat40
Marvin said:

Beat40 said:

I am Spartacus!

I wanted to see how long the ban was for, so went back to the thread and all posts related the incident , including the mods warning, are gone.

Seems the solution is to wipe it away rather than deal with it.
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
The return of Jake from Rake Farm.

tjack16
AG
Jake doesn't hit a lot of homeruns… but when he does it seems like they are all 410+ bombs
Farmer1906
AG
Figured this would fit here. MC does a good job with level headed Astros takes.

AgSportsFan89
AG
Farmer1906 said:

That's sad news, I dont listen to the radio but I have always enjoy his videos.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

What show was he a part of again? They all kind of blend together for me after the Matt Thomas show ends
Mathguy64
AG
Beat40 said:

Marvin said:

Beat40 said:

I am Spartacus!

I wanted to see how long the ban was for, so went back to the thread and all posts related the incident , including the mods warning, are gone.

That's the SOP. It's so transparent it's empty space.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

What show was he a part of again? They all kind of blend together for me after the Matt Thomas show ends

He was on 97.5 in the afternoons. Maybe even against MT. I didn't really listen. It was a relatively new show.
linkdude
AG
He had moved over to ESPN 97.5 last fall IIRC, and they've been cycling through noon hosts since Pallilo joined them a few years ago.
tjack16
AG
Oh okay gotcha. I remember him being the 2nd or 3rd guy on a 790 show the last few years but never the main guy.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

Oh okay gotcha. I remember him being the 2nd or 3rd guy on a 790 show the last few years but never the main guy.
He was the "Astros insider" on 790, did a lot of spots on the A team
AggieJ2002
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Beat40 said:

Marvin said:

Beat40 said:

I am Spartacus!

How embarrassing for Brandon and this site. Guy accidently posts an innocuous post on the wrong thread that has nothing to do with anything close to the Rangers, immediately deletes it and says oops, and catches a lengthy ban? Smfh

I wouldn't blame 2015 for not coming back, and it would be a damn shame because I really appreciate his insight.

It's not too late for the mods to admit they made a mistake
Marvin
AG
Tough gig. I'm not even sure how radio stations and newspapers still exist.
Marvin
AG
AggieJ2002 said:

Let's all hold our breath and see who passes out first.

tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

I guess that's why so many media members are turning to produce podcasts in their spare time. Seems to be where audio media is trending
tjack16
AG
So when you're banned, can you still read TexAgs or you just can't access it altogether?
RED AG 98
AG
Read only. If you try to post you get an error message.
TRM
AG
You can still read TexAgs.
JB!98
AG
AggieJ2002 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Beat40 said:

Marvin said:

Beat40 said:

I am Spartacus!

How embarrassing for Brandon and this site. Guy accidently posts an innocuous post on the wrong thread that has nothing to do with anything close to the Rangers, immediately deletes it and says oops, and catches a lengthy ban? Smfh

I wouldn't blame 2015 for not coming back, and it would be a damn shame because I really appreciate his insight.

Same thing happened to me. Somehow after 24 hours I slipped the noose and was back. No explanation from staff on why I had been banned.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Beat40
tjack16 said:

Marvin said:

I guess that's why so many media members are turning to produce podcasts in their spare time. Seems to be where audio media is trending
I can understand. People can listen whenever they want and wherever they want. The limit of radio is obviously a static time and limited reach. 97.5's problem when I was listening to it on my way home 4-5 years ago is once I got close to the west side of Houston, i could no longer hear it. They never fixed it either, so I stopped listening.

But, now the podcast market is saturated. Gotta figure out how to get a following before making a podcast now.
Farmer1906
AG
Speaking of pods, what are y'all's goto for baseball?

My most common:
Talkin Baseball (occasionally Talkin Yanks)
Baseball Today (Chris Rose)
Baseball is Dead
Just Baseball (no idea is that's the name of their show or not)
Rates & Barrels
Foul Territory (usually just interest segments, not the whole show)
tjack16
AG
Talkin baseball and Baseball Today are mine.

I also loved listening to Pinstripe Strong after we beat them in the 2022 ALCS and after all their playoff losses. Just to hear Joez McFly cry
EastCoastAgNc
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39558981/nationals-no-longer-sale-principal-owner-mark-lerner-says
First Page Last Page
Page 241 of 322

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.