***Official Houston Astros 2023-24 Offseason Thread*** [Staff Warning - OP]

935,323 Views | 11245 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Lonestar_Ag09
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Trying to decide what trip I want to make this year. I thought about Chicago in April... but Chicago in April can be a little sketchy with the weather. Considering San Diego in September as well.

I'm doing Boston in August. Was thinking Chicago in June to see the Cubs/Giants and Astros/White Sox but our baby is due in May so that would tough on the wife. August was safer
cc10106
CFTXAG10 said:

Our annual Astros road trip is booked for Fenway August 9th-11th. Never been personally, can't wait.
I'm looking at D.C. in April right now to knock another off the list. They're giving away 2019 WS replica rings one night that weekend while the Astros are in town. *****s. Seems a little late for all that, but they don't have much else going for them now besides those fugly new uniforms.

Gonna hit Cincy in September as well for a game against the Pirates to cross Great American Ball Park off the list. I hear it's an underrated one. That may be it for me this year, but I still need to do Fenway.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Why...
tjack16
AG
Yeah Fenway in August is a bucket list for me. Very excited

My plan is to fly up early Friday morning and then leave Sunday night. So likely getting in the Friday and Saturday games for sure
cc10106
I'm sure Ross is thrilled. He'll get more chances to hit Houston players.
AustinCountyAg

this was me walking into Fenway. It literally made me cry. It's baseball in its purest form left watching a game there. Hard to describe.
BCSGrubber
AG
We are taking my 12 year old to Fenway for two games in May as a surprise 13th birthday trip. It's against the Nats but it's still Fenway. I may end up for excited than him.

Where would yall suggest sitting?
_veeyah_
AG
Couple of years ago my friends and I took a baseball trip for a week, visited he nationals, orioles, phillies, mets, yankees and then red sox! Camden yards was amazing, I briefly remember fenway park since I have friends that live in Boston and they got me crazy drunk before the game even started and we left early to a bar. I regret that! Definitely want to go back!
AustinCountyAg
the field is so small really all seats are good. you will get arguments from people not to sit in the old seats on bottom level between the bases for multiple reasons (smaller, wood, along the lines they face straight, etc.) main thing is just to not get an obstructed view from one of the pillars. The park is old and some seats are old. It is what makes it special.
Farmer1906
AG
I would avoid too far down the line in RF. They don't really face the right way. And the last several rows of the OF.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Why...

Ummm… Giants shedding 12.5 M in payroll because they about to spend money on some combination of Snell, Chapman, & Monty.

As like Chicken Strips new death pitch. He shows out in April-June and they flip him for prospects because the league figures it out.

Just spitballing here.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Why...

Ummm… Giants shedding 12.5 M in payroll because they about to spend money on some combination of Snell, Chapman, & Monty.

As like Chicken Strips new death pitch. He shows out in April-June and they flip him for prospects because the league figures it out.

Just spitballing here.

My "why" was more aimed at why the A's would trade for a major leaguer and give up a protect in the process. They hate spending money
cc10106
_veeyah_ said:

Couple of years ago my friends and I took a baseball trip for a week, visited he nationals, orioles, phillies, mets, yankees and then red sox! Camden yards was amazing, I briefly remember fenway park since I have friends that live in Boston and they got me crazy drunk before the game even started and we left early to a bar. I regret that! Definitely want to go back!
That's awesome. I've visited around ten so far (some old parks) and would probably put Oracle or Camden Yards at the top.
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Why...

Just spitballing here.

My "why" was more aimed at why the A's would trade for a major leaguer and give up a protect in the process. They hate spending money
I'm guessing they will try to flip him for a better prospect. The guy they gave up was a 6th round draft pick last year. Maybe they weren't that high on him
spadilly
S
tjack16 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Trying to decide what trip I want to make this year. I thought about Chicago in April... but Chicago in April can be a little sketchy with the weather. Considering San Diego in September as well.

I'm doing Boston in August. Was thinking Chicago in June to see the Cubs/Giants and Astros/White Sox but our baby is due in May so that would tough on the wife. August was safer

We're most likely getting a decent group for that Boston series. Would have loved to do SD, but we want to take the kids there eventually so we're skipping this one since they're back in school by then.
AgLA06
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

It won't disappoint. Let me know if you want ideas or suggestions. My wife's family is from there and we go back all the time. It's a great place to watch a game.
CFTXAG10
AG
tjack16 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Well sh**, now I am definitely packing the ripped jeans
tjack16
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

tjack16 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Well sh**, now I am definitely packing the ripped jeans

It'll be ripped jeans season in Boston.
texasaggie2015
AG
Not a bad trip. Congrats on the sex as well
texasaggie2015
AG
Will definitely take you up on that. I imagine September is a good time to visit. Weather is good and the summer crowds have lessened.
AgLA06
AG
It can get sneaky cool. Especially down by the ocean early morning / evening. But there's really not a bad time to go. September should be awesome. We've been Thanksgiving time and it gets cool enough for fires at night, but warm enough for t-shirts during the day.

We used to go Fourth of July week every year and the town acted like they were dying because it was 80deg and sunny. We never went inside even though everyone out there thought we were crazy. Now, AC isn't in every home, but there's always a breeze.
tjack16
AG

Yikes Cleveland…
AgLA06
AG
The Yankees are NY favorite.
bearkatag15
AG

BCEDAg
AG
Please no more Bielak. Surprised he hasn't been traded yet.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
He hasn't been traded because no one wants him.
Marvin
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Our annual Astros road trip is booked for Fenway August 9th-11th. Never been personally, can't wait.

Mrs. Marvin and I had an absolute blast last year. I spent a day following the Revolutionary trail- or whatever it's called- through Boston. If you have time, drop down to the Plimoth Patuxet living museum- well worth the time. We also took a day to visit Martha's Vineyard, which was amazing. Boston Common is neat, and don't forget to stop in at Cheers on the northeast corner (I think).

You'll love the environment around Fenway. Good people all around, believe it or not.
BCEDAg
AG
Marvin said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Mrs. Marvin and I had an absolute blast last year. I spent a day following the Revolutionary trail- or whatever it's called- through Boston. If you have time, drop down to the Plimoth Patuxet living museum- well worth the time. We also took a day to visit Martha's Vineyard, which was amazing. Boston Common is neat, and don't forget to stop in at Cheers on the northeast corner (I think).

You'll love the environment around Fenway. Good people all around, believe it or not.

Agree about Fenway atmosphere. Back in the late 90's my family attended a game at Fenway and had a blast. It was baseball in the truest form.
Marvin
AG
Sweet Caroline is played during the 8th inning stretch- after which everyone leaves (haha). You'll have Fenway to yourself in the 9th if the Astros are winning.
Farmer1906
AG
Bielak gave us 80 innings of 3.83 ERA last year. He's probably never going to be a regular in a big league rotation, but he can contribute.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Bielak gave us 80 innings of 3.83 ERA last year. He's probably never going to be a regular in a big league rotation, but he can contribute.
You just have to watch for when the control starts to go. It can go south for him fast. He's an always short leash guy for me. Ride him when he's on, be ready to pull him when trouble starts.
Thinice
I've got six stadiums left to hit all 30.

Catching the Astros in Detroit, Minnesota, and Cincinnati this year.

Will finish it our with Seattle, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis next year.

Went to Camden about a month before Ripken broke the record and it was awesome, others that stood out are San Francisco and Cleveland.
W
AG
yeesh, didn't realize how bad Stripling was last year

5.36 ERA in 89 innings for $10 MM

and under contract for $15 MM in 2024

he played the Giants...and the Giants just played him back

banished to Oakland until the trade deadline
First Page Last Page
Page 211 of 322

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.