Garcia vs Altuve

22,694 Views | 221 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by agent-maroon
Carmine Scarpacio
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rangers had more roiders than any team in baseball. Cheating talk is rich coming from them. Some got retired numbers.

And look at Garcia. That size 9 dome of his doesn't come from eating his Wheaties
Hi, Im Brett
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

So for the sake of argument, and that is not a concession, but what the **** does 2017 have to do with 2023?
Once a cheater then always a cheater. Same with liars, thieves, etc. I don't believe they end the behavior, rather they just learn more effective methods so as not to be exposed. That's why I agreed with the previous poster who correctly asserted that I would never give the astros credit.

Semantics are a funny thing.

Pre 2020: as many teams around the league are setting up high definition cameras to gain an edge by electronically stealing signs, catchers are having to adjust by changing their signs up more regularly

Post 2020: Astros are cheaters
wangus12
AG
No no no it's just chicken and rice he swears
Philip J Fry
AG
MaxPower said:

I'm an Astros fan but why does anyone care if guys get pumped about a HR?

Here's a hint. No one did. He wasn't thrown at on purpose. Baker didn't have some grand scheme to hit him just so the benches could clear and ice their closer. This is 100% on Garcia. If he walks to first base like a non roided up cry baby, none of this happens.
Cromagnum
AG
fullback44 said:

JJxvi said:

Some people get their blood up over things like this.

Ho Lee Chit… I never saw this …. That's Ultimate Fighter crap right there … WOW

Yeah. Odor completely rocked his **** on that one.
ATM9000
AG
agent-maroon said:

TarponChaser said:

agent-maroon said:

Congrats on cheating better than the rest of the league, I guess?

Stay mad but the last 6 years and additional title just prove the Astros were better anyway. It's why even the dewshiest of commentators say that folks have to get over it because the Astros have proven repeatedly that they're just better.
I'm not mad. I just don't respect the astros organization or what they've accomplished.

Look, we all have our principles and what we can & can't live with. You've made your choices and I've made mine. Hell I quit the NFL because my favorite team's owner was/is such a colossal d-bag and they were very much a dynasty.

Lol get out of here with this holier than thou nonsense. I'm sure you are referring to the Cowboys and I'm almost just as sure you gave them up after they disappointed you years on end on the field and hid behind Jerry being a ******. You certainly didn't 'quit' your favorite teams during their dynasty run.
aggieman27
AG
aggieman27
AG
BudFox7
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Lol get out of here with this holier than thou nonsense. I'm sure you are referring to the Cowboys and I'm almost just as sure you gave them up after they disappointed you years on end on the field and hid behind Jerry being a ******. You certainly didn't 'quit' your favorite teams during their dynasty run.
Wrong. I quit them when they fired Landry and hired JJ (whom I couldn't stand either). Think what you will, but there were many who followed the same path away.

ETA - here's a decent summary:

Quote:

When Jerry Jones took over as owner of the Dallas Cowboys in 1989, he started off by making one of the most illogical decisions ever: dismissing the legendary Tom Landry from his position as head coach. If there were a better way to make sure that the fans of your new franchise despised you, Jerry Jones might have gone with that option.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1359183-how-jerry-jones-ruined-football-in-dallas
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bigfooticus
Aggies2009 said:

agent-maroon said:

The "but everyone was doing it" defense is annoying when children use it. It's just pathetic when an adult attempts it. Yeah, they didn't want the league tainted with any more scandal than they already had because it's a multi-billion dollar industry and they didn't want to lose the gravy train. But that doesn't excuse it nor is it worthy of respect.

Yep. An Aggie does not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do….. unless they can convince themselves others do it too.

Sad to think some of these people have children and will pass those morals (or lack thereof) along.

So you aren't a fan of any baseball teams then, why are you here?!
Marvin
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

annie88 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

annie88 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

MelvinUdall said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

AggieMD95 said:

dermdoc said:

Reactions after hitting a big home run. Very revealing.

Almost like somebody's been there before.

And has some class & sportsmanship
So, can we complain about Maldonado clapping like he had won the lottery when he walked? Or can we only complain about HR celebrations? Just making sure what class and sportsmanship entails

Wow…this is where we are at, comparing clapping for a walk, and slow walking a HR like he won the game…first time watching baseball?
This is where we are at, you complain about celebrating, but determine what you can celebrate. Yes, first time I've watch beisbol

You are rather insufferable on every thread.

I hope you have dreams about Altuve tonight.

I hope you find happiness one day
Me? I couldn't be happier.

What a bizarre thing to say.

Let me know if you need anything

This might be the most disingenuous behavior I've seen on TexAgs. You should be ashamed of yourself, but I know the narcissism eating you up will not allow that.

And you are too fragile to admit it. Shame on you.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Psych
AG
fullback44 said:

JJxvi said:

Some people get their blood up over things like this.

Ho Lee Chit… I never saw this …. That's Ultimate Fighter crap right there … WOW

How did you miss this when it happened?
JohnnyTexAg1995
Aggies2009 said:

agent-maroon said:

The "but everyone was doing it" defense is annoying when children use it. It's just pathetic when an adult attempts it. Yeah, they didn't want the league tainted with any more scandal than they already had because it's a multi-billion dollar industry and they didn't want to lose the gravy train. But that doesn't excuse it nor is it worthy of respect.

Yep. An Aggie does not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do….. unless they can convince themselves others do it too.

Sad to think some of these people have children and will pass those morals (or lack thereof) along.
think of the children hahaha
Marvin
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

So for the sake of argument, and that is not a concession, but what the **** does 2017 have to do with 2023?
Once a cheater then always a cheater. Same with liars, thieves, etc. I don't believe they end the behavior, rather they just learn more effective methods so as not to be exposed. That's why I agreed with the previous poster who correctly asserted that I would never give the astros credit.

You are either the second person to walk this earth without ever telling a lie or you have no respect for yourself. Are you Jesus or are you a hypocrite?

Are you lying more effectively right now?
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

And you are too fragile to admit it.
So you're really going to call him anybody out as being "fragile"? Seriously?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Are you lying more effectively right now?
Not with regards to my professional conduct. Telling my wife how much a new power tool cost? I'll take the 5th
Marvin
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

And you are too fragile to admit it.
So you're really going to call him anybody out as being "fragile"? Seriously?

I assume you are referring to my wife getting elbowed, and laughing about it again. And yet you want to talk about character?

You are a child. Bye.
TXAG 05
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Wrong. I quit them when they fired Landry and hired JJ (whom I couldn't stand either). Think what you will, but there were many who followed the same path away.

Quote:

When Jerry Jones took over as owner of the Dallas Cowboys in 1989, he started off by making one of the most illogical decisions ever: dismissing the legendary Tom Landry from his position as head coach. If there were a better way to make sure that the fans of your new franchise despised you, Jerry Jones might have gone with that option.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1359183-how-jerry-jones-ruined-football-in-dallas

I guess you don't watch Aggie Football either, since we were caught cheating in the 80s and 90s? Almost got the death penalty in 93/94 but just got the 5 year probation and 1 year with no tv or bowls. Once a cheater always a cheater, right?
fullback44
AG
Was probably traveling outside the US or something and didn't have access for a few weeks ,,, who knows, maybe I saw it and brushed over it
Texas A&M
Garcia still has time to grow up, but Altuve would be a good guy to pattern himself off of.

Bassmaster
AG
Do you respect known cheater Max Sherzer?
ATM9000
AG
TXAG 05 said:

agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Quote:

I guess you don't watch Aggie Football either, since we were caught cheating in the 80s and 90s? Almost got the death penalty in 93/94 but just got the 5 year probation and 1 year with no tv or bowls. Once a cheater always a cheater, right?

Poster spends near 60% posting time on the Politics Board. Put affiliations aside, that pretty much seals that they do indeed follow, watch and are highly interested in professional liars and cheaters.

Low brow demonstration of moral high ground.
AgRyan04
that may be the strangest argument/digging I've seen on these Astros/Rangers threads
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Serious Lee
yea that is some mental gymnastics if ive ever seen it. anything to try and put one over on someone.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Marvin said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

annie88 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

annie88 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

MelvinUdall said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

AggieMD95 said:

dermdoc said:

So, can we complain about Maldonado clapping like he had won the lottery when he walked? Or can we only complain about HR celebrations? Just making sure what class and sportsmanship entails

Wow…this is where we are at, comparing clapping for a walk, and slow walking a HR like he won the game…first time watching baseball?
This is where we are at, you complain about celebrating, but determine what you can celebrate. Yes, first time I've watch beisbol

This might be the most disingenuous behavior I've seen on TexAgs.

Yeah, that's the point. Your powers of discernment are truly remarkable.

Quote:

I'll happily admit it, just didn't think I needed to explain the bit because this board is full of supposed learned college grads. I can draw it out in crayon for you in the future if you need though.

The only thing either one of us isn't being up front about is your made up story about a mean ol' Rangers fan throwing your wife down a stadium stairwell.
Cromagnum
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Marvin said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

annie88 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

annie88 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

MelvinUdall said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

AggieMD95 said:

dermdoc said:

This might be the most disingenuous behavior I've seen on TexAgs.

Yeah, that's the point. Your powers of discernment are truly remarkable.

Quote:

I'll happily admit it, just didn't think I needed to explain the bit because this board is full of supposed learned college grads. I can draw it out in crayon for you in the future if you need though.

The only thing either one of us isn't being up front about is your made up story about a mean ol' Rangers fan throwing your wife down a stadium stairwell.

And if there was any doubt why many think you are a trash poster.

Infection_Ag11
AG
If extreme credulity is the benchmark of a classy poster then you've got me there.
jkag89
Quote:

Post 2020: Astros are cheaters
Some sort of proof?
Cromagnum
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

If extreme credulity is the benchmark of a classy poster then you've got me there.

It's not so much about being gullible or not, but the entire "holier than thou" act you put on. Both teams are in large metro areas and both have their share of dbag fans and its pretty ridiculous to accuse a pretty well respected Ag on here that he just made up a story about his wife getting elbowed because he doesn't like the Rangers. And then embellish the story to make fun of the situation more (thrown down the stairwell...really?). Be better.
TxAgPreacher
S
TexasAggiesWin said:

Satellite of Love said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

jkag89 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Astros would never admire homeruns - derp

One huge difference, that ended the game. There was still three innings to play after Garcia's bomb.
Oh, there is always an exception for the Astros

Not surprised a Rangers fan doesn't understand the concept of a walk off in baseball. I know you are new to this sport this year but maybe one day you will understand the game.
So you can pimp walkoffs but not in game HRs? Damn, I guess I have to learn more about this game called beisbol

Yes.
htxag09
AG
Philip J Fry said:

MaxPower said:

Here's a hint. No one did. He wasn't thrown at on purpose. Baker didn't have some grand scheme to hit him just so the benches could clear and ice their closer. This is 100% on Garcia. If he walks to first base like a non roided up cry baby, none of this happens.

This is really what it boils down to.

Had Garcia been able to control his emotions and simply take a free base in the 8th inning of the alcs the rangers would really have something to talk about with that hr. But he didn't. He flipped **** and turned a game they were in control of into chaos.
Infection_Ag11
AG
htxag09 said:

Philip J Fry said:

MaxPower said:

Had Garcia been able to control his emotions and simply take a free base in the 8th inning of the alcs the rangers would really have something to talk about with that hr. But he didn't. He flipped **** and turned a game they were in control of into chaos.

I mean this is true, but every MLB player ever gets upset in that scenario so it's an irrelevant point. It's not like if the roles were reversed an Astro just takes their base. That's a benches clearing ordeal regardless.
htxag09
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

htxag09 said:

Philip J Fry said:

MaxPower said:

I mean this is true, but every MLB player ever gets upset in that scenario so it's an irrelevant point. It's not like if the roles were reversed an Astro just takes their base. That's a benches clearing ordeal regardless.

Lol no one will ever no so can't really say but unlikely.

Tuve almost took one to the dome a couple of days ago. He didn't say a word.

Dubon was brushed off the plate immediately after tuves hr, again, no word.

Game 4 blowout. Pena is beaned immediately after a Chas HR….oddly, again, no word. (And this is almost the exact scenario that caused the benches to clear earlier in the year, no?)

Based on the reaction last night and in the previous blow up, not hard to imagine everyone of those would have caused drama if the roles were reversed
Farmer1906
AG
Aggies2009 said:

agent-maroon said:

Agreed. When will yall denounce the cheating ass Rangers?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.