Garcia vs Altuve

22,722 Views | 221 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by agent-maroon
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

game's reigning dynasty
Dynasty? lol

Oh but the proud words that 1.5 World Series Championships and a cheating scandal can produce.

What does it take to be a dynasty in your world?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MelvinUdall
AgRyan04 said:

agent-maroon said:

Quote:

game's reigning dynasty
Dynasty? lol

Oh but the proud words that 1.5 World Series Championships and a cheating scandal can produce.

What does it take to be a dynasty in your world?

He will never give credit to the Astros, no need to even debate it with him.
AggieMD95
AG
dermdoc said:

Reactions after hitting a big home run. Very revealing.

Almost like somebody's been there before.

And has some class & sportsmanship
AggieMD95
AG
MaxPower said:

I'm an Astros fan but why does anyone care if guys get pumped about a HR?

Difference between "being pumped" and throwing your own ticker tape parade
TexasAggiesWin
S
AggieMD95 said:

dermdoc said:

So, can we complain about Maldonado clapping like he had won the lottery when he walked? Or can we only complain about HR celebrations? Just making sure what class and sportsmanship entails
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Correct. That ship sailed with the cheating and any respect went with it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MelvinUdall
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

It is just dumb…but you do you…when the Astros finish off the Rangers on Sunday and go to their 5th WS in 7 seasons, you can sleep tight knowing you have no respect for them.
MelvinUdall
TexasAggiesWin said:

AggieMD95 said:

dermdoc said:

So, can we complain about Maldonado clapping like he had won the lottery when he walked? Or can we only complain about HR celebrations? Just making sure what class and sportsmanship entails

Wow…this is where we are at, comparing clapping for a walk, and slow walking a HR like he won the game…first time watching baseball?
TarponChaser
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Anybody still banging on the cheating drum and denying that it was rampant in the league, which is why the players were given immunity lest the rest of the league burn too, is so fundamentally unserious and hypocritical as to border on being an outright liar.

Was it against the rules? Sure. Was everybody doing it? Without question. Just like the way all the steroid era records still stand.
concac
AG
Who cares...

Two teams that hate each other. Big moment, big homer for both guys (of course, Altuve's homer was more epic).

I don't care when opposing players flex. They're playing a game, not going to church.
agent-maroon
AG
The "but everyone was doing it" defense is annoying when children use it. It's just pathetic when an adult attempts it. Yeah, they didn't want the league tainted with any more scandal than they already had because it's a multi-billion dollar industry and they didn't want to lose the gravy train. But that doesn't excuse it nor is it worthy of respect.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Ultimately one guy has been there, the other hasn't. Let's no pretend Altuve didn't slow trot in 2017.
TarponChaser
agent-maroon said:

The "but everyone was doing it" defense is annoying when children use it. It's just pathetic when an adult attempts it. Yeah, they didn't want the league tainted with any more scandal than they already had because it's a multi-billion dollar industry and they didn't want to lose the gravy train. But that doesn't excuse it nor is it worthy of respect.

Blah, blah, blah. Cry more Pollyanna.

Like it or not sports always do what they can to gain an edge even if it's against the rules. Deflategate, Patriots spying on opponents, all the spider-tack crap pitchers were using, PEDs, paying recruits in the pre-NIL days, and so on. The Red Sox & Yankees were still using electronic sign-stealing in 2018 when the Sox won and nobody is still giving them crap.

Every year since 2017 has further vindicated the fact that the Astros have just been better than almost everybody else and have an unparalleled level of success in MLB since then too.

So if two teams are doing electronic sign-stealing that doesn't make the winner any more guilty than the team that lost and the Astros have just been better.

Deal with it and quit pouting. Be better.
TexasAggiesWin
S
MelvinUdall said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

AggieMD95 said:

dermdoc said:

Wow…this is where we are at, comparing clapping for a walk, and slow walking a HR like he won the game…first time watching baseball?
This is where we are at, you complain about celebrating, but determine what you can celebrate. Yes, first time I've watch beisbol
bigfooticus
Garcia didn't even trot, he walked halfway to first, slammed the bat down and when he got to home he stomped like a toddler the last few steps
annie88
AG
I don't like that Altuve gets treated the way he does but in a way, I think it spurs him on.

They can hate him all they want.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

MelvinUdall said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

AggieMD95 said:

dermdoc said:

This is where we are at, you complain about celebrating, but determine what you can celebrate. Yes, first time I've watch beisbol

You are rather insufferable on every thread.

I hope you have dreams about Altuve tonight.
Fight Fight Fight.
agent-maroon
AG
Congrats on cheating better than the rest of the league, I guess?
TarponChaser
agent-maroon said:

Stay mad but the last 6 years and additional title just prove the Astros were better anyway. It's why even the dewshiest of commentators say that folks have to get over it because the Astros have proven repeatedly that they're just better.
Infection_Ag11
AG
annie88 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

MelvinUdall said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

AggieMD95 said:

dermdoc said:

I hope you find happiness one day
Nino Brown
I don't have a problem with the bat flip nor do I have a problem with the HIP next at bat.

It's baseball, not tennis.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
agent-maroon said:

So you're assuming the team that wins the World Series is the team that steals the most signs? Has that always been the case?
Sid Farkas
AG
It's tough being on the losing end of a big game. Ranger fans just need to keep in mind that someday they'll be on top, and the Astros will be looking up at them.

Ah who am I kidding? That's never happening.

Ahhhhahahahaaaa.
annie88
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

annie88 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

MelvinUdall said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

AggieMD95 said:

dermdoc said:

Me? I couldn't be happier.

What a bizarre thing to say.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

So for the sake of argument, and that is not a concession, but what the **** does 2017 have to do with 2023?
Fight Fight Fight.
agent-maroon
AG
TarponChaser said:

agent-maroon said:

Stay mad but the last 6 years and additional title just prove the Astros were better anyway. It's why even the dewshiest of commentators say that folks have to get over it because the Astros have proven repeatedly that they're just better.
I'm not mad. I just don't respect the astros organization or what they've accomplished.

Look, we all have our principles and what we can & can't live with. You've made your choices and I've made mine. Hell I quit the NFL because my favorite team's owner was/is such a colossal d-bag and they were very much a dynasty.
agent-maroon
AG
I was responding to this post:

Quote:

Like it or not sports always do what they can to gain an edge even if it's against the rules. Deflategate, Patriots spying on opponents, all the spider-tack crap pitchers were using, PEDs, paying recruits in the pre-NIL days, and so on. The Red Sox & Yankees were still using electronic sign-stealing in 2018 when the Sox won and nobody is still giving them crap.
Infection_Ag11
AG
annie88 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

annie88 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

MelvinUdall said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

AggieMD95 said:

dermdoc said:

Me? I couldn't be happier.

What a bizarre thing to say.

Let me know if you need anything
Aggies2009
AG
agent-maroon said:

Yep. An Aggie does not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do….. unless they can convince themselves others do it too.

Sad to think some of these people have children and will pass those morals (or lack thereof) along.
TexasAggiesWin
S
annie88 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

MelvinUdall said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

AggieMD95 said:

dermdoc said:

For sakes of argument, what do you consider situations where you can celebrate in baseball?
Hi, Im Brett
AG
Aggies2009 said:

agent-maroon said:

Yep. An Aggie does not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do….. unless they can convince themselves others do it too.

Sad to think some of these people have children and will pass those morals (or lack thereof) along.

An Aggie does not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do….. as long as they can convince themselves it was only the Astros
aggieman27
AG
Your tears taste yummy.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

So for the sake of argument, and that is not a concession, but what the **** does 2017 have to do with 2023?
Once a cheater then always a cheater. Same with liars, thieves, etc. I don't believe they end the behavior, rather they just learn more effective methods so as not to be exposed. That's why I agreed with the previous poster who correctly asserted that I would never give the astros credit.
Aggies2009
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Once a cheater then always a cheater. Same with liars, thieves, etc. I don't believe they end the behavior, rather they just learn more effective methods so as not to be exposed. That's why I agreed with the previous poster who correctly asserted that I would never give the astros credit.

No no no. See they stopped in the playoffs!!! Honestly! They were dishonest enough to cheat all season but suddenly decided to stop!

One of the players in the MLB outlined why it was obvious they've cheated since then too.
TexasAggiesWin
S
aggieman27 said:

Your tears taste yummy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.