Garcia vs Altuve

22,679 Views | 221 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by agent-maroon
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reactions after hitting a big home run. Very revealing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cc10106
bUt AlTUvE wEaRS uH WiaR

(getting that outta the way)
Sid Farkas
AG
Baseball has a way of weeding out public arrogance.
JohnLA762
AG
I'll let you guess who has been there before and who hasn't…
TexasAggiesWin
S
Astros would never admire homeruns - derp

MaxPower
I'm an Astros fan but why does anyone care if guys get pumped about a HR?
jkag89
TexasAggiesWin said:

One huge difference, that ended the game. There was still three innings to play after Garcia's bomb.
TexasAggiesWin
S
jkag89 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

One huge difference, that ended the game. There was still three innings to play after Garcia's bomb.
Oh, there is always an exception for the Astros
Satellite of Love
TexasAggiesWin said:

jkag89 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Not surprised a Rangers fan doesn't understand the concept of a walk off in baseball. I know you are new to this sport this year but maybe one day you will understand the game.
brotherbear
AG
There y'all go again. You are new to this. See….that's the difference. F-Around and find out. Only when you are the respected can you do that. Know your place.
JB
AG
****ing old ass purists mad about a bat flip. Grow up. Its sports. It's fun.

Go 'Stros!
TexasAggiesWin
S
Satellite of Love said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

jkag89 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Not surprised a Rangers fan doesn't understand the concept of a walk off in baseball. I know you are new to this sport this year but maybe one day you will understand the game.
So you can pimp walkoffs but not in game HRs? Damn, I guess I have to learn more about this game called beisbol

Satellite of Love
TexasAggiesWin said:

Satellite of Love said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

jkag89 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

So you can pimp walkoffs but not in game HRs? Damn, I guess I have to learn more about this game called beisbol

Remind us again, did Garcia's team win tonight? Instead of prematurely blowing his load he should have acted like he had been there before. He costed his team the game. But hey I guess you can raise another banner for that banger HR!!!!!!
AggieRob93
AG
brotherbear said:

There y'all go again. You are new to this. See….that's the difference. F-Around and find out. Only when you are the respected can you do that. Know your place.

You gonna call someone out on this thread for a "racist" post, then run back to your team's thread and post about it, only then to be proven wrong and crawfish like a yellow coward and delete it?

Know your place indeed.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Satellite of Love said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Satellite of Love said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

jkag89 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Remind us again, did Garcia's team win tonight? Instead of prematurely blowing his load he should have acted like he had been there before. He costed his team the game. But hey I guess you can raise another banner for that banger HR!!!!!!
Did I say the Rangers won?
brotherbear
AG
Hahah. I didn't delete it. That's what mods do I guess. Glad you remembered me. I stand by my post.
AggieRob93
AG
brotherbear said:

Hahah. I didn't delete it. That's what mods do I guess. Glad you remembered me. I stand by my post.

Allow me to rephrase: I remember idiot posts, and I expect you would stand by it.
AgPediRPh
AG
I really don't care if a guy admires his HR; he earned it.

Hell, if he hits it 450+ feet (Yordan) he should be required to stop and admire his handiwork.
JJxvi
AG
Some people get their blood up over things like this.

Ol_Ag_02
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

jkag89 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

We're from Houston but live in DFW now. We cheer for the Astros, but will root for the Rangers in the World Series if they end up winning.

My daughter came home from school today and said the teacher asked if everyone was a Rangers fan and she said, "no, we're cheering for the Astros". She said her teacher give her grief about it.

So then I explained "little brother syndrome" to my daughter.
jkag89
TexasAggiesWin said:

jkag89 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

I did not mean to imply there is an exception. I get some players are more demonstrative than others. Yordan would probably pimp a go ahead home run in the postseason but not to the extent he did for that game winner. While I prefer the been there done that approach of Tuve (because he has) I don't fault players when they celebrate. Garcia's reaction to his bomb did not hurt his team, it was his reaction to being hit that hurt his team.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Do they understand how a mirror works or do they just choose not to use them?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Same could be said about Ranger fan.
AgRyan04
I think it's funny that the two teams that claim Nolan Ryan are the ones arguing about a hit batter after that home run taunt.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BillYeoman
Who cares how the Rangers react to small victories in a loss?
fullback44
AG
JJxvi said:

Some people get their blood up over things like this.

Ho Lee Chit… I never saw this …. That's Ultimate Fighter crap right there … WOW
Serious Lee
can anyone confirm if this is an adoloscent garcia?

Ag_07
AG
Nothing wrong with admiring HRs. It's part of the game nowadays.

But also don't be a pvsy ass ***** if you're beaned. Stand in there wnsd take it lake a man.

It's OK to pimp your HR but also know it's OK for the other team to take exception.
agent-maroon
AG
jkag89 said:

agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Same could be said about Ranger fan.
Where's the lido cream cuz I just got burned
TexasAggiesWin
S
jkag89 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

jkag89 said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

I did not mean to imply there is an exception. I get some players are more demonstrative than others. Yordan would probably pimp a go ahead home run in the postseason but not to the extent he did for that game winner. While I prefer the been there done that approach of Tuve (because he has) I don't fault players when they celebrate. Garcia's reaction to his bomb did not hurt his team, it was his reaction to being hit that hurt his team.
100% agree with this stance! If someone gets upset that a hitter is excited that he hit a HR off of you, maybe you should have made a better pitch? I've heard that countless number of times from people/fans that I have played for/against as well as fans regarding those situations.

It's like, you love it when 'your' guy does it, but hate it when 'the other team's' guy does it. I was more upset that all of that commotion let the Rangers closer sit for an additional 10-15 minutes getting cold in that situation.

It is what it is though, emotions run high in sports, particularly in the playoffs and in baseball. Hard to see this while in the midst, but these are the situations that lead people to watch games like this. It absolutely brings excitement. It's like when Pressley struck out Carter to end the game, when he is yelling "This is my ****" to the Rangers dugout", I loved it - while hating it because the Rangers got beat. Hell, you perform, you get to act out. Those are the situations for what you train your entire season/life for.
Sid Farkas
AG
You just don't show up the game's reigning dynasty the way Garcia did. It's disrespectful to baseball itself.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

game's reigning dynasty
Dynasty? lol

Oh but the proud words that 1.5 World Series Championships and a cheating scandal can produce.
amercer
AG
Garcia was basically the only guy who thought he was being an ******* about it. I don't think the Astros cared.

But since Garcia thought he was a showboating *******, of course he assumed he was hit on purpose.

Pro tip: no one is throwing at you to put two guys on in the 8th when they are down two runs in game 5 of the ALCS.
angus55
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

game's reigning dynasty
Dynasty? lol

Oh but the proud words that 1.5 World Series Championships and a cheating scandal can produce.

Umm. Yeah. 7 straight ALCS appearances. 4 pennants so far. And 2 titles. That's what you call a dynasty.
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
SpiderDude
AG
JB said:

****ing old ass purists mad about a bat flip. Grow up. Its sports. It's fun.

Go 'Stros!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.