Little League World Series

11,573 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Carlo4
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TarponChaser said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Taiwan looks like will whip everyone's butts with that 80 mph pitcher throwing.

He can't pitch every game but they're probably going to win every game he pitches unless the other team can run out a stud pitcher of their own.
Or figure out how to hit him, like Curacao just did.
jograki
AG
So I know this has already been in place for over a decade, but a champ game outcome like today makes me wish the LLWS did a true double elimination. I feel sorry for the Taiwan kids having their first loss like this. I don't see why they can't just swap back instead of keeping this modified schedule.
superaggie73
AG
Is the broadcast for this game messed up? It is so jumpy, but none of my other channels are like that. Is it just Fubo's ABC broadcast? Or is everyone else struggling too?
jograki
AG
Mine's been jumpy too, I thought it was bc I'm streaming as well. So good to know it's not just me.
MooreTrucker
AG
Watching on YTTV, no issues.
cap-n-jack
A 12 yo kid is 6'1"
PhatMack19
AG
Same ump behind the plate from Needville's last game. He's from Beaumont
PhatMack19
AG
Nice play by Cali LF saves 2 runs
RoosterAg12
AG
Anyone know why the undefeated team gets stuck with being the away team in the championship game?
AgBanker
RoosterAg12 said:

Anyone know why the undefeated team gets stuck with being the away team in the championship game?

The only thing I can think is when they played earlier, Texas and Taiwan might have been home.
jograki
AG
RoosterAg12 said:

Found this old article, guess it's a coin toss?
Hi, Im Brett
AG
jograki said:

So I know this has already been in place for over a decade, but a champ game outcome like today makes me wish the LLWS did a true double elimination. I feel sorry for the Taiwan kids having their first loss like this. I don't see why they can't just swap back instead of keeping this modified schedule.

same for Needville if they can't pull it out since they're 4-0 and already beat Cali
gambochaman
AG
Absolutely….hate this format

Texas already beat Cali but Cali up 3-0 so if they win today both teams 4-1 yet cali advances

Seems unfair to the team that had already won
PhatMack19
AG
This one's over.
MooreTrucker
AG
Looks like it
gambochaman
AG
Those kids played awesome

Did Texas proud
PhatMack19
AG
Great run for Needville. Awesome story for their town
cap-n-jack
Sucks for these kids. Sucks bad. It's not fair, but neither is life. Chin up and move forward.
PhatMack19
AG
California with a walk off bomb to win the LLWS
chico
AG
Curaao coach gotta be wondering if he should have intentionally walked him. That kid can hit. Apparently he hit as many home runs as every other team combined or something like that
PhatMack19
AG
All time announcer jinx

PhatMack19
AG
chico said:

Curaao coach gotta be wondering if he should have intentionally walked him. That kid can hit. Apparently he hit as many home runs as every other team combined or something like that

He bats 3 hole for Braves Baseball Academy which is the #2 ranked team in the country. He's one of the top 12 yr olds in the country. A walk would have been cheaper.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=848984
chico
AG
PhatMack19 said:

chico said:

He bats 3 hole for Braves Baseball Academy which is the #2 ranked team in the country. He's one of the top 12 yr olds in the country. A walk would have been cheaper.

Wow - thanks for posting this info. Hard to believe they're showcasing kids at this age.
I clicked the link for his college interests and the good guys in Aggieland are on the list!
TarponChaser
PhatMack19 said:

chico said:

That whole program is top notch. Played them last summer in Omaha and they had like 3 kids on the team on the Team USA 12U team. One kid went about 6'1" 185 and threw 82. He also hit about a 350' bomb against us. We lost 8-1.
Four Seasons Landscaping
"Off-season" question….if that kid is another one that washes out and never does anything beyond high school, was his baseball "career" a success because of that one swing of the bat?

I say yes.
TarponChaser
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

"Off-season" question….if that kid is another one that washes out and never does anything beyond high school, was his baseball "career" a success because of that one swing of the bat?

I say yes.

The kid from California who hit the walk-off? I'd agree.

The percentages for going beyond HS are so low already but this kid has gotten to win one of the crown jewels of baseball.
Carlo4
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

I say yes.

Worst case scenario

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.