Oracle Park

1,068 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Smeghead4761
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to fly out for the Rangers series next month, where is the best place to sit? Any other suggestions, pointers would be appreciated. Not really looking to see SanFran, just the game(s).
WoMD
My usual spot was upper deck along the first base line, between home and first base. I think it's like section 313 or thereabouts. Best view of the bay, and can see everything on the field. Plus they are usually pretty cheap, which also helps account for why the fans are better up there than in the lower deck. Upper deck doesn't have all the fancy food or beer options though, so load up before going up there. That said, still good food up there.

If you want to splurge, the club level is pretty kick ass, but not my cup of tea personally. Did it once for the experience only.

Sunday day games are the best IMO. I loved those 1 o'clock games…

Oh, and if going to a night game keep a close eye on the forecast and expect to bring some level of warmth with you, anywhere from a hoodie to a thick jacket depending on how cold it's supposed to be. Like I said, day games are where you want to be.
WoMD
Man, I don't miss living in the city, but I really miss going to that stadium. It's 23 years old and still feels new, and hard to argue it's not the best stadium in MLB. You can try, but you'd be wrong.
GrapevineAg
AG
I went to a game there several years ago, and it's currently my 2nd favorite stadium, right behind Coors Field. With all due respect to the post above me, I enjoy the view of the mountains more than the view of the bay. Oracle Park is a fantastic stadium with great food and beverage options. And yes, check the weather and be prepared to wear layers of clothes - I froze my ass off there sitting in Covey's Cove or whatever they call it.
AggieEP
WoMD said:

My usual spot was upper deck along the first base line, between home and first base. I think it's like section 313 or thereabouts. Best view of the bay, and can see everything on the field. Plus they are usually pretty cheap, which also helps account for why the fans are better up there than in the lower deck. Upper deck doesn't have all the fancy food or beer options though, so load up before going up there. That said, still good food up there.

If you want to splurge, the club level is pretty kick ass, but not my cup of tea personally. Did it once for the experience only.

Sunday day games are the best IMO. I loved those 1 o'clock games…

Oh, and if going to a night game keep a close eye on the forecast and expect to bring some level of warmth with you, anywhere from a hoodie to a thick jacket depending on how cold it's supposed to be. Like I said, day games are where you want to be.

Day game, upper deck 1st base side, it's pure awesomeness. I lived in Monterey for 7 years and caught at least one game a year there, great experience.

One thing in addition to bringing layers, be prepared to bend over for parking if you are driving, but considering the state of San Francisco, it's worth it to pay for parking from the Giants to help ensure (still no guarantee) that your car doesn't get broken in to during the game.
Smeghead4761
GrapevineAg said:

I went to a game there several years ago, and it's currently my 2nd favorite stadium, right behind Coors Field. With all due respect to the post above me, I enjoy the view of the mountains more than the view of the bay. Oracle Park is a fantastic stadium with great food and beverage options. And yes, check the weather and be prepared to wear layers of clothes - I froze my ass off there sitting in Covey's Cove or whatever they call it.
McCovey Cove. Named after HoF 1B Willie McCovey.

I'm a Giants fan, so I prefer the 3B side.

Depending on where you're staying, there are options get to the park other than driving. If you're coming from the East Bay, for weekend or Friday night games, you can take a ferry from Oakland or Alameda which goes right to the park (just make sure you get on the return boat within 30 minutes after the last out.) You can also take BART. It's just over a mile walk from either the Embarcadero or Montgomery Street stations. Not a bad walk during the day, although I might not want to do it at night.

Make sure you try the garlic fries, but be prepared to wait in line for them. I think they're worth it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.