*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,198,161 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Corporal Punishment said:

PatAg said:

I hope they bring back A-Rod, Papi, and Jeter. Great combination of insight and personality.

Overall they were solid but Papi's clown act and ESL beat me down. Jeter was A+.

Every studio show is required to have the clown. Part of the formula now.
TefIon Don
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

I thought Jeter was really really good. Great insight and very professional.

Agreed. I really enjoyed his takes when he spoke. Arod came off as a cornball though.
BassCowboy33
TefIon Don said:

Jimmy McNulty said:

I thought Jeter was really really good. Great insight and very professional.

Agreed. I really enjoyed his takes when he spoke. Arod came off as a cornball though.

From working in the industry, a lot of it is the "Barkley" effect. Higher ups want dudes to be goofy and inject humor, but that's just not everyone. What TNT has going with its NBA show is impossible to replicate. There was a great article in The Athletic a year or two back about how FOX pioneered the humor aspect with NFL SUNDAY. Bradshaw was seen as unemployable due to his goofy ways, but FOX brought him in anyway, and it was a monster hit.
akm91
AG
ARod came across as phony as a $3 bill.
AgBQ-00
AG
ARod came across as he was trying waaaaaay too hard. Jeter was really good. Ortiz was good even if he was over the top. He had good insight when he was discussing things. And I will always remember the cookie monster
Water Boy
AG
All three bring something different to the table which is great. I've seen many people complain about Jeter because he lacks personality but everyone in here loves him. Great trio if you ask me.
TefIon Don
AG
Running WS merch total: $800. Last thing I'm after is a Corey Seager jersey with the WS patch on the front, but all sites say they are out of stock.

I've already told my wife to not even bother getting me a Christmas present this year
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
TefIon Don said:

Running WS merch total: $800. Last thing I'm after is a Corey Seager jersey with the WS patch on the front, but all sites say they are out of stock.

I've already told my wife to not even bother getting me a Christmas present this year

Total for ALCS and WS gear for me and my wife and kids was about $500. I still haven't gotten most of it. I probably haven't spent $500 in the last 20 years total on merch. This is different though.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Looks.like Ohtani will win MVP again because Semien and Seager will split the Texas voting block.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Mr Gigem
AG
Just get a blank jersey from the team store and customize it
KT 90
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Just get a blank jersey from the team store and customize it
What site can you do that on? I've been looking for for a jersey w World Series logo on it for my high school and also college kid. But they only have smaller sizes available right now, and just for a couple of players. I think Seager, Semien, and Garcia sold out in all sizes.
Mr Gigem
AG
You can get blank jerseys with a World Series patch at the ballpark.
TefIon Don
AG
I'm in Houston. I might just have to check websites each morning hoping for more to come back in stock.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
TefIon Don said:

I'm in Houston. I might just have to check websites each morning hoping for more to come back in stock.

I feel your pain. My World Series hat finally came in today that I ordered about thirty seconds after game 7 of the ALCS. I also have the fitted hat with the Champions patch coming at some point.
Roll the Bones
AG
My order still shows Processing.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Roll the Bones said:

The ordering process is rough from MLB. I ordered a post season hat and ended up cancelling it took so long. I figured by the time I got it I'd either want the World Series hat or not wanting it at all.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Roll the Bones said:

The ordering process is rough from MLB. I ordered a post season hat and ended up cancelling it took so long. I figured by the time I got it I'd either want the World Series hat or not wanting it at all.

Mine shows estimated delivery of 11/22. I ordered Friday after victory day.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I order the WS patch hat right after we beat the Astros. I ordered the Championship patch hat right after we beat the Diamondbacks. Got the WS hat today. Haven't checked the Championship hat yet. I do think I had to order that from Rally House though.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I'm not too worried. Ordered hats for my boys and for me. It's the boys Christmas present, but I was hoping my hat would be here as I'm headed to a conference this Wednesday and will be with some peers from Houston..
agent-maroon
AG
At least most can order their merchandise if they're willing to wait and/or pay the price. My cap size 7 3/4 isn't available in anything I didn't already own before the World Series Championship. At any price.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgEng06
AG
Have you tried the Bochy personal collection?
nai06
AG
Similar problem 7 7/8 here. I just upsized to a full 8. It will be a little bit but I can shrink it a bit
fc2112
_lefraud_
AG
Jung not being a RoY finalist is absolutely criminal.

He wins the award running away if he had missed the first 30 games of the year (instead of the last 30)

https://instagr.am/p/CzUwd88uxZO
sburg2007
Someone asked how/ where I ordered my souvenir ticket stub since the link disappeared.

https://directfulfillment.wwlinc.com/TexasRangers/Orders/New

Have at it!
shack009
AG
We play in the American League.

Edit: Oops, I see that you can scroll over.
ChoppinDs40
AG
they really didn't want us to clean up on EVERYthing... ROY, MVP, 5 all stars, golden gloves everywhere (Jung should've won that at 3B), manager of the year - HOW is Bochy, the legend, not nominated for manager of the year?

People, now in hindsight, are all saying "well yeah Texas should've been in the running for the playoffs and world series"

LOL - yeah right. If you said the Texas Rangers won the world series in 2023 in April, people would have laughed you off a cliff. Bochy did a masterful job, won it all, and did it with the worst bullpen in baseball and having $80+MM of payroll sidelined for his playoff run.
MW03
AG
Been on the hunt for a blue hat with the WS patch (not the champions patch) without success. Should've said "screw superstition " and grabbed one during the series.
Mr Gigem
AG
Available at the team store in the ballpark
AgBQ-00
AG
I have one on order from MLB shop. But they have delayed it. Supposedly will ship out the 13th
ChoppinDs40
AG
Now on display in the office
_lefraud_
AG
MW03 said:

Been on the hunt for a blue hat with the WS patch (not the champions patch) without success. Should've said "screw superstition " and grabbed one during the series.

I snagged one right away to match my 2010 & 2011. Interesting that the patch for 2023 is on the opposite side than the others.
TefIon Don
AG
MW03 said:

I feel you there. I'm on the hunt for the same one.
nai06
AG
TefIon Don said:

MW03 said:

I feel you there. I'm on the hunt for the same one.
Thats all they had at the ballpark pro shop when I was there last week. You'll pay a premium for going in person though.
DallasAg 94
Who are the 3 AL ROY Candidates?
First Page
Page 1159 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.