*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,381,708 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
PatriotAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I really am a strange person. I'm probably alone in this, but my sports watching is somehow more about the journey and the hope and anticipation rather than the actual winning. It's about following the games, looking at the future, "What do they need to win the division/league/conference? What is the playoff situation looking like? What are the matchups going to be? Could they win the division? Could they win this round/next round/championship? How are things lining up for next year?" Then when they win, I'm like "Cool", shrug, and move on to the next thing.
Process oriented. Not a bad thing.
fc2112
Will Smith has won three World Series in a row?

2021 - Atlanta
2022 - Houston
2023 - Texas
Jimtim1216
S
fc2112 said:

Will Smith has won three World Series in a row?

2021 - Atlanta
2022 - Houston
2023 - Texas

Have to sign him again. He's obviously the sauce.
DallasAg 94
The Fan is covering the Rangers plane landing.

Great listen if you are in your car or on computer.

They are out of control. LoL
DallasAg 94
Seven Costanza said:

I really am a strange person. I'm probably alone in this, but my sports watching is somehow more about the journey and the hope and anticipation rather than the actual winning. It's about following the games, looking at the future, "What do they need to win the division/league/conference? What is the playoff situation looking like? What are the matchups going to be? Could they win the division? Could they win this round/next round/championship? How are things lining up for next year?" Then when they win, I'm like "Cool", shrug, and move on to the next thing.

I'm a lot like that... I tell people I enjoy the sport... more so than just winning. Baseball is a game based on failure.
DeangeloVickers
AG

Daveintx
How'd you get all those sharp objects past bag check Boch??????
Daveintx
Torey Lovullo, after losing the WS: "I want to run away and hide for a few days. I want to go camping and just sit in the tent and suck my thumb and eat ice cream. Is that the weirdest answer you guys have ever had? And just let it run its course the way it's supposed to."

Smoltz is just hoping it's a two man tent
walton91
DeangeloVickers said:

That trophy just makes me nervous. It looks awkward to hold and just looks like about 8 of those flags will be broken off by Bochy's grandkids in about a week
Out in Left Field
AG
Lol my credit card account got flagged for fraud trying to order a bunch of merch
caleblyn
I need something for the office! Probably need to wait a few days for more choices, but has anyone started shopping for some memorabilia, artwork, etc.?
Chipotlemonger
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

From page 1
aginlakeway
AG

Water Boy
AG
Can't wait for the texags celebration party hosted by mr gigem. Thanks for renting out the ballpark for us!
DallasAg 94
caleblyn said:

I need something for the office! Probably need to wait a few days for more choices, but has anyone started shopping for some memorabilia, artwork, etc.?
This looks like something I'd get:

https://www.mlbshop.com/texas-rangers/texas-rangers-fanatics-authentic-2023-world-series-champions-crystal-baseball-with-game-used-dirt/t-25900112+p-689955532732882+z-9-952193111?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r2c2:po-8

As a Stars' STH, they sent me a glass plaque with a little Stanley Cup model on it. I also got a piece of the net from Mo's 503rd (most by an American) G, encased in resin. I also got a glass encased Finals ticket.

I have some bats and signed balls. I need to get Seager to sign my 2020 WS Baseball. The 2023 ones with his signature look to be about $300.
DallasAg 94
Water Boy said:

Can't wait for the texags celebration party hosted by mr gigem. Thanks for renting out the ballpark for us!
You just have to "sign in" right here... **he points to STH deposit form.** Party comes with a free tour of all the 2024 season tickets seats available.
bdp514am
a thread full of feels.
aginlakeway
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

caleblyn said:

This looks like something I'd get:

https://www.mlbshop.com/texas-rangers/texas-rangers-fanatics-authentic-2023-world-series-champions-crystal-baseball-with-game-used-dirt/t-25900112+p-689955532732882+z-9-952193111?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r2c2:po-8

As a Stars' STH, they sent me a glass plaque with a little Stanley Cup model on it. I also got a piece of the net from Mo's 503rd (most by an American) G, encased in resin. I also got a glass encased Finals ticket.

I have some bats and signed balls. I need to get Seager to sign my 2020 WS Baseball. The 2023 ones with his signature look to be about $300.

I was a Stars STH in 1999. This is what they sent me. It's a nice Waterford puck.

DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

"HELLO WIN COLUMN!!!"

Too Soon?

Hope to be saying that plenty, this season... maybe 105+ times?!
Came out to 103 times.
Willie Lane
I am bringing the family up for the parade. Does anyone have any suggestions on logistics? What time to start lining up, how crazy will parking be? Any suggested spots our thoughts on how to minimize the cluster?
DallasAg 94
This is what I got:

(this isn't my image)

And I was mistaken... the ticket I got was from AAC for 2001 Inaugural season.

I will tell you this, though... my buddies and I realized we could get a reprint of our tickets. So, instead of using the tickets they sent and having them "torn" we got reprints and kept the txts they sent still attached.
CampingAg
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Process oriented. Not a bad thing.
Yep. It's a real psychological thing. I too am surprised at the lack of emotional outburst from myself. I was expecting tears and jumping up and down, but it never came. But I'm still obviously thrilled beyond words they won. But you definitely aren't alone in it. I coach high school football and baseball and sometimes find myself having the blues when the season is over, even if it's a great year. Us process-oriented folks just love that routine and the grind.

Quote:

Within hours of winning his first national championship at LSU Nick Saban called his psychologist and said "why don't I feel happy?" Psych told him it's because he enjoys the journey and the grind more than the destination
DallasAg 94
I'm eagerly awaiting Mr. Gigem to start the OffSeason Thread so I can drop some posts for the 2024 season.

Is that bad?

Montgomery is a must sign. We need to consider trading some pieces... I'm ready to go.
fc2112
DallasAg 94 said:

I'm eagerly awaiting Mr. Gigem to start the OffSeason Thread so I can drop some posts for the 2024 season.

Is that bad?

Montgomery is a must sign. We need to consider trading some pieces... I'm ready to go.

Me too. Maybe I'm one of these "process" guys too.

Decade + long season ticket holder - fan of the team since they moved here in 1972 when I was 10 years old - you'd think I'd be crying and all the hysterics you see from so many.

But today I'm like "OK great - let's go again. "
Chipotlemonger
AG
Not sure about everyone else, but I am sure I am not alone in this.

In the top of the 9th when that ball passed the AZ CF I got (obviously) extremely excited and loved that we had some cushion on the lead. However when Semien knocked that ball out I was jumping up and down, fist pumping, and pacing the room.

Then in the bottom of the 9th, I got giddy at each of the first two outs. The 3rd out, however, just had me shell shocked and not jumping or fist pumping. I was just basking in it and a good old sports tear was shed. I had already gotten out all of my excitement in the top of the ninth and the bottom of the ninth was just surreal.
fc2112
Oh yeah - before we move on...

CHECK-IN for everyone who posted on Page 1 of this thread and were here for the duration. I was there on Page 1 and there on Opening Day to watch deGrom start this thing.
Mozart Paintings
AG
World Series Champions!!!!!
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
fc2112 said:

Oh yeah - before we move on...

CHECK-IN for everyone who posted on Page 1 of this thread and were here for the duration. I was there on Page 1 and there on Opening Day to watch deGrom start this thing.

I had the 11th post on the thread. What a season of highs and lows it was. I'll never forget it.

Thanks to all the little people.
CampingAg
AG
Also from a psychological standpoint I feel like subconsciously we all knew the ALCS was our WS. Compare it to 2004. Red Sox come back from down 0-3 vs. the Yankees and then it's the mighty…Colorado Rockies? Even though beating the Rockies gave them their first WS in a hundred years, those fans probably remember and talk about the LCS more.
DallasAg 94
Pg 1.

And with 17,102 posts on this Forum...
ChoppinDs40
AG
caleblyn said:

I bought this

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/texas-rangers/texas-rangers-unsigned-fanatics-authentic-2023-world-series-champions-20-x-24-framed-collage-with-pieces-of-game-used-baseball-base-and-dirt-limited-edition-of-500/o-2310+t-47788967+p-1377558670069+z-9-2255777644?_s=Trans_GlobalTrigger&loc=en-US&cur=USD&utm_medium=email&utm_source=order_confirmation-OC1&utm_content=200859691&utm_position=0&SFMC=2366666_1632427_290_d95d76eb388a56ef6d85be347df1f365
mpl35
AG
I'll take Smoltz and the World Series championship every year!
fc2112
DallasAg 94 said:

Pg 1.

And with 17,102 posts on this Forum...
Is that really a silent cry for help?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
CampingAg said:

Also from a psychological standpoint I feel like subconsciously we all knew the ALCS was our WS. Compare it to 2004. Red Sox come back from down 0-3 vs. the Yankees and then it's the mighty…Colorado Rockies? Even though beating the Rockies gave them their first WS in a hundred years, those fans probably remember and talk about the LCS more.

The Red Sox swept the Cards in 2004. The Rockies were swept in 2007. But that is a good point.

However, I'm not sure we would ha e felt that way if we lost to AZ. We would be frustrated that it was still out of reach.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Does Page 2 count? I have receipts from past seasons too.
First Page Last Page
Page 1148 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.