*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,381,995 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
TefIon Don
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know if there is Rangers WS gear in the Katy area?

Heading to the parade tomorrow but want to stock up now.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Jarrin' Jay
AG
I have been to plenty of Bama - Auburn Iron Bowl games, Bama - UT 3rd Saturday games (born and raised a Bama fan), A&M - t.u. games (aTm Aggie grad class of '92) so have witnessed live many big games, many big moments and plays. The biggest and loudest live sporting event moment I have ever witnessed was Brazil vs. Mexico in Estadio Azteca, Gold Cup final, extra time golden goal and Mexico scored to win it with 100K+ drunk Mexico fans and me in attendance. That was the loudest and most insane in stadium sports moment I have ever been a part of.....

Until the Saegar game 1 two-run HR in B9. Granted only 42K in attendance but with the roof closed that was f'ing LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUD. The Adolis HR winner was almost as loud, it was certainly longer for sure. The air in that place was shaking / turbulent during those cheering outbursts.

I was able to get Game 1 tickets at face value, still spent 4 figures for 4 tickets, and it was worth every penny.

Crazy thing is I had already planned for my family (boys 12 and 11) to go to spring training next year. What impeccable timing!!!
EastSideAg2002
DallasAg 94 said:

More math and Salary smack....

2024 Projected: OpeningDay Payroll, CB Tax Payroll
Rangers: $202,882,024, $223,011,667
Astros : $211,346,666, $235,168,810

2023: Opening Day Payroll, CB Tax Payroll
Rangers: $195,869,490 (9th), $241,931,896 (8th)
Astros : $179,883,900 (14th), $228,852,645 (11th)

2022: Opening Day Payroll, CB Tax Payroll
Rangers: $142,243,833 (15th), $160,505,146 (17th)
Astros : $174,529,000 (10th), $228,852,645 (11th)

Maybe they should have picked up another SP at the Trade Deadline. Looks like Montgomery could have been the difference maker.
Did they get permission from the astros to pop the champagne last night?
ChoppinDs40
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

More math and Salary smack....

2024 Projected: OpeningDay Payroll, CB Tax Payroll
Rangers: $202,882,024, $223,011,667
Astros : $211,346,666, $235,168,810

2023: Opening Day Payroll, CB Tax Payroll
Rangers: $195,869,490 (9th), $241,931,896 (8th)
Astros : $179,883,900 (14th), $228,852,645 (11th)

2022: Opening Day Payroll, CB Tax Payroll
Rangers: $142,243,833 (15th), $160,505,146 (17th)
Astros : $174,529,000 (10th), $228,852,645 (11th)

Maybe they should have picked up another SP at the Trade Deadline. Looks like Montgomery could have been the difference maker.
Did they get permission from the astros to pop the champagne last night?
i put a hole in my ceiling from popping bottles. FK 'EM!
DallasAg 94
I think they said it was 112db with Seager's HR.
TMACsDaMan
This is the best feeling for those
1) Who fried their butts off in the Arlington Stadium and RBiA bleachers on 110 degree Sat and Sunday games.
2) For Mark Holtz - Hello World Championship
3) For those that experienced 10 cent beer night
4) For those that whose Dad brought them to their first baseball experience at Arlington Stadium! Seeing the Rangers and Nolan Ryan beat the Chicago White Sox on June 8, 1989. Dad I know you saw it from Heaven! But I'd like to say: The Rangers won the World Series!
Chipotlemonger
AG
kyledr04 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

It's been weird. I live in far Southern Oregon where there are more SF Giants fans than mariners fans. Even though most are also Niners fans and hate the Cowboys as much I hate SF, a lot of them were still rooting for the Rangers and Bochy. They understand how much he meant to their organization and how much he means to ours.

Same for me. I work with a lot of folks from the bay area. I was wearing a Rangers shirt on zoom and one guy commented about loving all things Bruce Bochy.
I'm out west living amongst a lot of Giants fans. They really love Bochy, all of them were pulling for the Rangers this postseason.
Chipotlemonger
AG
StoneCold99 said:

Can we talk about Travis Jankowski?

Guy came in for a slugger who was having a historic postseason. He did what he said he needed to do- get on base and play good defense- to perfection.

He's my unsung hero of the playoffs. What a team.
His contribution was special and definitely one of those really cool sports moments we get to witness every now and then.
Water Boy
AG
I wish leclerc could have gotten the last out. He's been here his whole career and has battled to get to where he is today. Dude was a massive piece to our post season success.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Water Boy said:

I wish leclerc could have gotten the last out. He's been here his whole career and has battled to get to where he is today. Dude was a massive piece to our post season success.

Sborz mentioned postgame that the plan was to let LeClerc finish but he was sore so Josh dug deep to finish the game.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
I was really surprised Bochy didn't bring him in.

Sborz said immediately after the game that Leclerc had some tightness so maybe there was an injury we didn't know much about
Water Boy
AG
Makes sense. Was huge that we got the win last night then.
Schall 02
AG
Joy. So much joy.
94chem
Michael Cera Palin said:

Sborz said immediately after the game that Leclerc had some tightness so maybe there was an injury we didn't know much about
LeClerc's velocity was down in Game 4 about 3 mph.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
I wonder it would be like if the Rangers had won the AL West...

I guess we'll never know.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AggieUSMC
AG
TefIon Don said:

Anyone know if there is Rangers WS gear in the Katy area?

Heading to the parade tomorrow but want to stock up now.
Wouldn't that be like selling TAMU gear in Austin or sip gear in CS?
94chem
DallasAg 94 said:

94chem said:

AnyOtherName said:

RANGERS!!!

Bummed I can't use my game 6 tickets with my dad. Guess I will go spend the money on extra gear instead!!

Amen. When they lost game 5 to Houston, I immediately bought game 7 tickets. Happy I got use mine, happy you didn't get to use yours.

When you posted you bought G7 txts and I was like
.. "pretty ballsy."

Much respect.
We should have gone to game 2, but didn't plan well. I knew the WS tickets would be crazy high, so I went for it. Best decision ever - ranks right up there with my spontaneous drive to New Orleans with my wife in 2022 to watch our Tar Heels put a fork in Coach K.
94chem,
AgGrad99
AG
thegoodolag15 said:

PatAg said:

This will never get old, gonna go into the rotation with Dirk's heroics for rewatching
What a great call too! "He could tie it with one swing. A DRIVE! ITS TIED!!!"
I could watch that on a loop all day. Such a great monumental moment; it completely encapsulates this team's season.

Somehow they just seemed to find a way...
FTAG 2000
AG
Side note, how is there not Eovaldi jerseys available for purchase anywhere? Only way seems to be a custom jersey on MLB.com
AgGrad99
AG
Michael Cera Palin said:

My son and I were talking about that during the game in between innings. Leclerc definitely deserved to be on the mound...but Sborz had a good rhythm going. I like it when a manager just keeps riding a pitcher who's dealing instead of following the script. I was pleasantly surprised to see him come back out for the ninth.
MrCoachEricTaylor
What's the latest on the parade time? Coming up from CStat!
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

The parade starts at 12:15 per the Rangers website. I can't figure out how to post pictures or I post it here. Go check out the website.

My daughter will be missing school tomorrow. We plan to leave about 7 to get a place to park and watch the parade. We're coming from East TX.
AgGrad99
AG
Water Boy said:

If adolis was juiced up he would have been caught by now. He's been that big for years now. I'm sure he's been randomly tested multiple times this year.
He literally decided between being a baseball player and Greco-Roman Wrestler when he was younger.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

The parade starts at 12:15 per the Rangers website. I can't figure out how to post pictures or I post it here. Go check out the website.

My daughter will be missing school tomorrow. We plan to leave about 7 to get a place to park and watch the parade. We're coming from East TX.

Okay, that's what my buddy said. Me and him are bringing our 2-3 year old boys up!
Proposition Joe
AgGrad99 said:

Michael Cera Palin said:

My son and I were talking about that during the game in between innings. Leclerc definitely deserved to be on the mound...but Sborz had a good rhythm going. I like it when a manager just keeps riding a pitcher who's dealing instead of following the script. I was pleasantly surprised to see him come back out for the ninth.

Yup... 10-0, sure you give Leclerc the moment.

5-0 with 9/1/2 coming up?

You go with Sborz knowing he can be pulled at any time since he's faced the minimum already.

Otherwise you have potential ALCS G5 redux and Leclerc struggles and possibly gives up a walk->hit->bomb and suddenly its a 2 run game with a rattled pitcher and your key bullpen arms used up.
AgsWin2011
AG
I got a little emotional when we went up 3-0 in the top of the 9th. When Semien hit the home run to make it 5-0, I lost it, tears and all. I knew we had FINALLY won. A little part of me thought it's still not over (especially after 2011 G6), but I knew that was finally put to bed with the Semien slam.

Best sports moment of my life, and nothing really even comes close.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Got a link?
FireAg
AG
I stayed off this thread last night on purpose, and for good reason...I just couldn't take the emotional roller coaster that I figured might play out on this thread...

So instead, I started streaming the game on my phone, stuck it in my jacket pocket with the volume turned up, and went and run my daughter's softball team through their standard Wednesday night practice...

It was tied 0-0 when we got home...and then...well...you all lived it, so no need to repeat what we all saw happen...

So instead, I am just going to share a few thoughts of mine after the game:

1. Bruce Bochy...as many times as I wanted to second guess him during the season, the playoffs, and the WS, I was always dead wrong... That dude just knows how to manage a team... He makes things happen the way he wants them to happen >95% of the time, and it's impressive...

2. That weak-ass bullpen turned out to be our savior in the end... I still want Will Smith DFA'd two days ago, but damn...those guys came through when no one outside of Bochy had faith in them...

3. Seager...the anti-ARod signing...

4. Semien...way to step up in the last two games...glad your bat finally showed up in the World Series... The way this group absolutely stepped up their game when they lost both Garcia and Scherzer in the same night? That has to be written the annals of "Fanatasyland", amirite? Lose both guys, and still win the next 2? Come again?

5. They owned the ROAD...Rays, Orioles, Astros, Diamondbacks...never lost one game to those teams on the damn R O A D...let that sink in...

6. Let the Smoltz stuff go...seriously...still don't understand why fanbases get spun up by TV annoucners who have zero impact on what's happening on the field...

7. Alek Thomas...you Buckner'd it...absolutely a play worthy of such a dubious salute...

8. My unsung hero of the postseason? Josh Sborz... 12 IP, 43 BF, 4 H, 1 R, 4 BB, 13 K, 0.750 ERA, 0.667 WHIP... You, sir, were a ROCK...

9. Would we have won it all if Garcia and Scherzer don't go down, and the rest of the line up was inspired to get their **** going? I guess we'll never know...

10. I don't know why they say grown men don't cry...I did...and I forigve you, Nelson Cruz...

EXTRA CREDIT: To Alex Bregman, and the entire Houston disAstros, ****** bag fan base...would the Rangers have won the whole thing if they had WON the AL West? I GUESS WE'LL NEVER ****ING KNOW... **** you and your "little brother" and "Arlington Rangers" **** talk, spewston... Wanna know what the all-time record is in post-season series between TEX and hou? 1-0...and we ****ing did it in YOUR HOUSE, *****es... Stick that in your trashcan and bang it...

FireAg out...
Proposition Joe
twilly
AG
In the Bottom of the 9th, my heart was beating faster than a kid pounding the Arlington Stadium aluminum bleachers with the free full size Rangers bat given out on Bat Night.
PacifistAg
AG
44 years. I've never once had a team win a title in my 44 years on earth. Aggies, Oilers, Rangers...it's just been the most soul-crushing heartbreak and frustration. But when Semien hit that homer to make it 5-0, I cried. It was over. 2011 was no longer a gaping wound that would never heal. The scar is there, but the pain is gone. There's no sport I'm passionate about like baseball, and no team I'm as passionate about as I am the Rangers. Last night made my mind go to this scene from Field of Dreams.

Quote:

And they'll walk out to the bleachers, and sit in shirt-sleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game, and it'll be as if they'd dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick, they'll have to brush them away from their faces...

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball.

America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

This field, this game -- it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.

Ohhhhhhhh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Got a link?

Let's see if this works.

https://www.mlb.com/rangers/fans/parade
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

2. That weak-ass bullpen turned out to be our savior in the end... I still want Will Smith DFA'd two days ago, but damn...those guys came through when no one outside of Bochy had faith in them...
This will never ever ever make sense to me.

They cost us so many games throughout the season, only to show out in the playoffs. I mean...there were so many occasions throughout the year, where if they could just get one more strike, we win the division in the end. But now, it doesnt even matter...they balled out when we needed them.

It's awesome, but makes zero sense.
Aggies2009
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

This will never ever ever make sense to me.

They cost us so many games throughout the season, only to show out in the playoffs. I mean...there were so many occasions throughout the year, where if they could just get one more strike, we win the division in the end. But now, it doesnt even matter...they balled out when we needed them.

It's awesome, but makes zero sense.
Remember, the Rangers finished about 6 games below what their run differential said they should've.

During the postseason, the pendulum swung the other way pretty hard.
First Page Last Page
Page 1145 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.