*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,118 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Posts are flying off the shelves, so forgive me if already posted, but as expected, districts are canceling school on Friday for the parade.
JWinTX
TexasAggiesWin said:

Aggies2009 said:

KNM2020 said:

Lmao I don't get the whole "they spent money to win" argument. Back when they got deGrom people were saying the same stuff about spending money...

"That team is bad. Why are they acquiring star players in an attempt to become good?"

Whatever. Enjoy the win.
Some of the most ridiculous 'smack talk' I've ever heard. LOL

You are spending money to get better players? What in the hell is wrong with you?

Seriously...like Houston didn't spend any money during their run.

Some people are just stupid.
PatriotAg02
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

It's the go to on my Facebook wall from the Astros fans down here in Houston. That and the mental midgets that are running with the "Adolis is on steroids" bulls***.
My girlfriend (Astros fan) sent me a pic of Adolis with a caption that said he'd been busted for roids and the team would have sanctions as well. As soon as I saw it I knew it was made by Astros trash. Told her to stop sending me bull*****
Mr Gigem
AG
Sounds like you need a new GF
PatriotAg02
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Sounds like you need a new GF
Nah, she's a good one, but she probably saw it on facebook from other Houston people and thought maybe it was real (she's blonde, so...). She was happy for me.
CuriousAg
She sounds like trashhhh
The Brazos Kid
Did my part by representing with the circa 1996 look last night.

Jersey doesn't fit as well as it once did…

World Champions, baby!
agsalaska
AG
If you type 'Texas Rangers' into google right now fireworks go off in the background.

This is amazing.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Saw Carter in Frisco on July 4th. What a ride that dude just went on, and injected life into this team when it needed it after some 2nd half doldrums
Quincey P. Morris
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

It's the go to on my Facebook wall from the Astros fans down here in Houston. That and the mental midgets that are running with the "Adolis is on steroids" bulls***.
My girlfriend (Astros fan) sent me a pic of Adolis with a caption that said he'd been busted for roids and the team would have sanctions as well. As soon as I saw it I knew it was made by Astros trash. Told her to stop sending me bull*****

I had a friend share a post with what I assume was the same picture. No attribution to anything, weird wording, and just stupid. It amazes me the stuff people will put faith in if it tells them what they want to hear.
AgBQ-00
AG
Full World Series Highlights
Water Boy
AG
If adolis was juiced up he would have been caught by now. He's been that big for years now. I'm sure he's been randomly tested multiple times this year.
DallasAg 94
Watching the game, the strike zone didn't seem as closely skewed. DBacks were favored in 4 of the 5 games. Doesn't really matter, but worth a note.

rangerdanger
AG
JWinTX said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Aggies2009 said:

KNM2020 said:

Lmao I don't get the whole "they spent money to win" argument. Back when they got deGrom people were saying the same stuff about spending money...

"That team is bad. Why are they acquiring star players in an attempt to become good?"

Whatever. Enjoy the win.
Some of the most ridiculous 'smack talk' I've ever heard. LOL

You are spending money to get better players? What in the hell is wrong with you?

Seriously...like Houston didn't spend any money during their run.

Some people are just stupid.

Any Ag on here complaining about buying championships needs to mail back their diploma, along with a $100 donation for Jimbo's buyout fund.
Fenrir
Where do we think best spot to setup for parade will be?
duck79
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Saw Carter in Frisco on July 4th. What a ride that dude just went on, and injected life into this team when it needed it after some 2nd half doldrums

That guy batted cleanup in a World Series before he experienced an opening day. Wow
MW03
AG
justnobody79
DallasAg 94 said:

Watching the game, the strike zone didn't seem as closely skewed. DBacks were favored in 4 of the 5 games. Doesn't really matter, but worth a note.

not like it matters now, but it felt like the missed calls early favored the D-Backs, and the missed calls late favored the Rangers
Carlo4
AG
Math is fun.
DallasAg 94
More math and Salary smack....

2024 Projected: OpeningDay Payroll, CB Tax Payroll
Rangers: $202,882,024, $223,011,667
Astros : $211,346,666, $235,168,810

2023: Opening Day Payroll, CB Tax Payroll
Rangers: $195,869,490 (9th), $241,931,896 (8th)
Astros : $179,883,900 (14th), $228,852,645 (11th)

2022: Opening Day Payroll, CB Tax Payroll
Rangers: $142,243,833 (15th), $160,505,146 (17th)
Astros : $174,529,000 (10th), $228,852,645 (11th)

Maybe they should have picked up another SP at the Trade Deadline. Looks like Montgomery could have been the difference maker.
LeagueCityAg
AG
We won a World Series before Wyatt Langford was called up. This is just the beginning guys!
Terminus Est
Okay, I did not know the Rangers were the only team not to have a pride night, and after seeing the below pics, I can heartily congratulate you for winning.

PatriotAg02
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

We won a World Series before Wyatt Langford was called up. This is just the beginning guys!
No rush for him. Carter, Taveras, Garcia is very strong. Taveras being the weak link. He'll get his shot sooner rather than later, though.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Terminus Est said:

Okay, I did not know the Rangers were the only team not to have a pride night, and after seeing the below pics, I can heartily congratulate you for winning.

I'm trying to find that shirt.
DTP02
AG
The Brazos Kid said:

World Champions, baby!

Would have thought Coach Beard would be a Royals fan…
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Terminus Est said:

During one of Semien's interviews last night he was asked, "Who is this World Series win for?" His answer (paraphrasing) "It's for God who created all of this and made this all possible. And my grandmother who always wanted this for me." as he reared up to end the interview.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Terminus Est said:

I'm trying to find that shirt.

It is apparently on the FCA website.
Legal Custodian
AG
I'm still in shock.

I remember as a 4 or 5 year old at Arlington Stadium standing up and screaming "Hi Nolan Ryan, Hi!!!!!" while he was warming up in the bullpen before the game. I said it so much that at the end of the bullpen session he pointed up at me and threw me a ball.

I've been in love with the Rangers ever since.

To the point in high school in 2006 taking the best job I've ever had. Selling water at the Ballpark in Arlington. I would go up and down the aisles on the third base side.

You're telling me I was able to watch ~150+ games in person over the course of 2.5 seasons for free and I got paid to do it? I was in heaven.

I'm just in shock that our Rangers won the World Series. Congrats to all you fans who have been around longer than me, I can't imagine what y'all feel. Actually…maybe I can now
KNM2020
AG

He got his closure! Lol!

Thanks for some of our best years Nelly!
KNM2020
AG
Legal Custodian said:

I'm still in shock.

I remember as a 4 or 5 year old at Arlington Stadium standing up and screaming "Hi Nolan Ryan, Hi!!!!!" while he was warming up in the bullpen before the game. I said it so much that at the end of the bullpen session he pointed up at me and threw me a ball.

I've been in love with the Rangers ever since.

To the point in high school in 2006 taking the best job I've ever had. Selling water at the Ballpark in Arlington. I would go up and down the aisles on the third base side.

You're telling me I was able to watch ~150+ games in person over the course of 2.5 seasons for free and I got paid to do it? I was in heaven.

I'm just in shock that our Rangers won the World Series. Congrats to all you fans who have been around longer than me, I can't imagine what y'all feel. Actually…maybe I can now

My 11 and 12 year old (2010 and 2011) heart was broken but now it feels so so sweet.
Nagler
AG
Eovladi Threads from 2008, thought these were interesting

Nathan Eovaldi...............................???

Nathan Eovaldi

Nathan Eovaldi (08 signee)

caleblyn
The Brazos Kid said:

World Champions, baby!

When I first saw the pic, I thought someone photoshopped some Ranger gear on Manager Torey Luvullo!

LOL
Spaceship
AG
Crazy that's 15 years ago.
Teslag
AG
Sphere in a Vegas last night

Michael Cera Palin
AG
Teslag said:

Sphere in a Vegas last night

Hopefully it happens again when we're division rivals with the Las Vegas A's
First Page Last Page
Page 1144 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.