*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,704 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Black and Blue Hoodies and Lockeroom cap. I'll be buying more probably.
DeangeloVickers
AG
rbtexan said:

I'm of the opinion that one of the Rangers best acquisitions ever was the hiring of Chris Young. This organization has looked and acted completely different since he came on board - everything from trades, to free agent signings, coach hirings, the draft... it's all different, and better.

What a post from day one on the thread.

Amen.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Gotta say. Trey Lovello is a great dude.

Yeah, seems solid. Has to suck answering questions after a game like this, but he did it honestly.
craig09
AG
https://imgur.com/gallery/rVPW1U3
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

rbtexan said:

I'm of the opinion that one of the Rangers best acquisitions ever was the hiring of Chris Young. This organization has looked and acted completely different since he came on board - everything from trades, to free agent signings, coach hirings, the draft... it's all different, and better.

What a post from day one on the thread.

Amen.

Where did rbtexan go? Did he get banned? He's been here all season.
double aught
AG
Fun little footnote:

Stars and Mavs won tonight also.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Dear Lord Jesus,

Bless Jacob deGrom and his right appendage. Keep it healthy so he can make 30+ starts this season, and allow him to strikeout any foe. Let the middle infield turn double plays and combine to hit 60+ homers, and lastly let Josh Jung compete to win the AL rookie of the year. Let Bruce Bochy guide us to your promised land…OCTOBER! AMEN!

Prayer from 3/30/2023 answeredn
LeagueCityAg
AG
double aught said:

Fun little footnote:

Stars and Mavs won tonight also.
The big four in Dallas are killing it right now. Gotta love it!
KT 90
AG
NukeAg10 said:

rangerdanger said:

Did y'all go with the grey, blue, or black shirt on mlb shop?

No shame. Not pictured is the mini flag.

what site are you ordering from?
LeagueCityAg
AG
rangerdanger said:

Did y'all go with the grey, blue, or black shirt on mlb shop?
Grey shirt and black hat. I wanted to wear exactly what they wore on the field.
NukeAg10
AG
It was mlb shop.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Unbelievable run, and the window is just now opening.
Chipotlemonger
AG
SIAP

Have listened to more Creed than ever before recently.

TexAgTrojan
FriscoKid said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Now what?

I think we "hang a banner" and need one more to catch the Astros.
Astros only have 1
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
MSFC Aggie
AG
Confession: I wanted this team to be sellers at the deadline. I didn't think they had the tools to make any kind of run for the post season. And then the terrible second half……that bullpen…..woof. And then I didn't think they had a chance in hell to get out of Tampa….or Baltimore. And then the 3 home losses to Houston. Boy was I wrong…..and so thankful I was.

I've been a fan for 50+ years. All those great memories….Sundberg, Hargrove, Hough, Incy, Sierra, Petralli, Gonzalez, Greer, etc…..as someone mentioned, cooking in those aluminum seats…..listening to Holtz on every game….the Temple, going to opening night…..the heartbreak of 2011 (1 strike away……TWICE). As far as sports go, I wanted a WS title more than anything.

Thank you Rangers….thank you for giving me my biggest sports desire. I love you guys!!
94chem
Quincey P. Morris said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Gotta say. Trey Lovello is a great dude.

Yeah, seems solid. Has to suck answering questions after a game like this, but he did it honestly.

Max respect for the D-Backs. Not a team I wanted to extend the series against. Can't overstate how impressive Jankowski was after sitting for 2 months.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
GrapevineAg
AG
bdp514am
Has anyone told Smoltz the Rangers won yet
petebaker
Can you take me Higher
agsalaska
AG
I have waited 46 years for this night.

I took my 12 year old son to game 1 and we were just 30-40 feet away from the two late homeruns. A night neither of us will ever forget.

I am truly glad he will not have to wait 46 years.
PatAg
AG
bout to spend SO much money on apparel
Aggies2009
AG
PatAg said:

bout to spend SO much money on apparel

Enjoy it!!!
AnyOtherName
AG
RANGERS!!!

Bummed I can't use my game 6 tickets with my dad. Guess I will go spend the money on extra gear instead!!
94chem
agsalaska said:

I took my 12 year old son to game 1 and we were just 30-40 feet away from the two late homeruns. A night neither of us will ever forget.

I took my 17 yo son to game 7 in Houston. Best $350 I've ever spent.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
bdp514am
Just now watching the post game on Fox sports one. Beltre is out their on the field
fightintxag13
AG
94chem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

WhoHe said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Sorry to hear about your friend. What was his drink?

Welcome back.

Baseball can be very therapeutic.
Crown and Coke
Context:

Quote:

Not sure why I'm posting all this - maybe it's just more therapy than anything ... just a lot of reflecting today.

Hopefully the boys close it out tonight! If they do, as you're celebrating whatever this win means to you, take a drink for my buddy - and I'll be right there with you toasting all the folks you're remembering in all the stories posted here. Baseball is bigger than the game, and I'm glad to be back!

I just want you to know that tonight as we celebrate winning the WS... that I honored you and your friend.

Welcome Back to baseball.

Dude, I'm honoring lots of people.

I'm drinking crown and coke for me, but also for this guy's friend. Specifically thought of this post when I poured my first one postgame. Sam Adams October Fest was my superstitious postseason drink of choice during the game. We were 7-1 when I drank that during the games this postseason.
94chem
AnyOtherName said:

RANGERS!!!

Bummed I can't use my game 6 tickets with my dad. Guess I will go spend the money on extra gear instead!!

Amen. When they lost game 5 to Houston, I immediately bought game 7 tickets. Happy I got to use mine, happy you didn't get to use yours.
94chem,
bmac_aggie18
AG
Well folks…this is Exhibit A of when you're in contention, trade for them. As much as Chapman drove us nuts, getting him and Montgomery was huge for us down the stretch and in the postseason. No way we get here without them
Super Aggie 64
AG
The Texas Rangers bring the World Series championship home to Arlington!

I've been dreaming about this day since I was a kid on the streets of Arlington!

Call us Arlington now!
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Just dropped over $300 on Fanatics for gear. I've never done this in my life. This crap is so overpriced, and I just paid it. It may never happen again so we better enjoy it!
sincereag
Tksymm7 said:

The two areas that I am most worried about heading into this season are bullpen and infield defense. I think that bullpen is average as the day is long. They have hardly any velo outside of Johnathan Hernandez. The good thing is that they can go out and get bullpen guys at any time.

The infield defense, especially on the left side has me worried. Seager is an average at best defensive short stop, and Jung profiles as an average third baseman, especially from an arm strength perspective. It will really help to have Smith and Duran on the team because I think of both of them as plus fielders, especially in the infield.

Ok, so every time I open this Ranger's season thread I see this post. How freagin' hilarious! Seager and Jung on the left side of the infeild were easily the best in all of MLB. I think the Ranger's future looks good with these two infielders.
ElephantRider
AG
bdp514am said:

Has anyone told Smoltz the Rangers won yet

He's still playing "what if" and talking about game 7
agsalaska
AG
94chem said:

agsalaska said:

I took my 17 yo son to game 7 in Houston. Best $350 I've ever spent.
I almost did. My son was all over me trying to get me to go. We live near Temple so it is a good drive either way.

I let him go to school last Friday having no idea I was taking him to game 1. By the time he got to the front office after I arrived he knew why I was there. The smile was epic.
GrapevineAg
AG
How freaking solid was our defense!? 0 errors in the WS. Guys were making the plays... Jung was gunning guys down from 3rd, Garcia gunning guys down at the plate from RF, Heim throwing guys out at 2nd, the double plays turned by Seager and Semien, Lowe picking balls at first, and I'm leaving out a lot. Team victory for sure.
First Page Last Page
Page 1138 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.