*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,845 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Somewhere Pete Incaviligia is hammering pizza and beer
Chipotlemonger
AG
Almost a loss for words. I gained most of my Texas Rangers fandom from my grandpa. My dad likes them too but my grandpa was the one I would watch summer games with growing up predominantly, and I started getting into the Rangers because of him.

Anyways, those teams around the 2010 time frame were fun to watch with him. I'll always cherish and never forget the trip I took up from Austin with my dad to meet him and my brother for a weekend series in Arlington in 2011. They were coming from Amarillo. We went to 2 of the games and went and toured the Cowboys stadium during the day on Saturday.

Little did I know that those baseball games would be the last ones we would get to watch together. Just a few months later he was diagnosed with cancer, and he passed pretty quickly after that early in 2012. Hard to get this far in the season and not think of him, I sorely wish we could have celebrated a 2011 WS win together.

Anyways, here is a picture of him and me at the Cowboys stadium from that weekend. Wish I could share this one in person with you! Maybe we can talk about it one day.

Loved talking baseball this season with y'all and following along. What a wild ride it was.

aginlakeway
AG
twilly said:

For all those that burnt their legs on the aluminum outfield at Turnpike/Arlington Stadium….

THIS MOMENT IS FOR YOU!!!
jackrabbit
AG
Sorry if someone already mentioned…but so happy for Chuck Morgan too!
Old School Brother
AG
Michael Cera Palin said:

Just spent $150 on MLB shop…best money I've ever spent

$165 on fanatics for two long sleeve and two short sleeve for me, wife and both daughters. Worth it! After 2011, I really thought it might never happen.
birdman
AgsMnn said:

Where was Scherzer tonight?

Did not see him in the celebration?
He was on first step of dugout in 9th inning. I saw him in the giant mosh pit later.
Corporal Punishment
AG
42 years for me and three freaking stadiums. So happy.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Here's my "in memoriam."

To my grandaddy that listened to the Rangers every night in bed smoking cigarettes. I can still hear the radio and see the cherry on the cigarette burning.

To my dad who instilled the love of the game in me. I was a terrible player but man I love this sport, much more that any other.

To my grandmother who watched the Rangers every night until she passed in 2020.

This one is for each of you and those that I didn't know that waited their whole lives for this.

Cheers!!
FTAG 2000
AG
Anyone know if Academy or Rally House will have champion swag tomorrow?
aggietony2010
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

ScoutAg said:

Professional Texags lurker but so excited to FINALLY WIN A WORLD SERIES!!! I know my longtime Ranger fan mom is smiling down from heaven!

Same. Last my mom and grandma this year. Both huge rangers fans. I know they were pulling some strings with the big guy.

My grandma died in 2009. She was a huge Rangers fan. Our conversations were usually about baseball, or frustrating phone calls to help her program her VCR (often to record Rangers games).

I remember one of the last times (pretty certain it was the last) I saw her, we talked baseball, and I remember the NY Mets dropped a 2 out bottom of the 9th pop up to lose to the Yankees, and telling her about that and how absurd it was (it became a walk off for the Yankees instead).

She had a stroke a couple weeks later, and died a couple months after that.

A few years after that, I remember watching a Rangers game in the "Cookie Talk" era, and an elderly fan being featured, who was the spitting image of her. It was eerie how much this woman looked like her. Made me miss her.

I know she's enjoying tonight (as much as anyone experiencing the Beatific Vision of heaven can enjoy baseball).
Out in Left Field
AG
First Rangers memories are laying on our living room carpet on warm summer nights with my dad watching in the late 90s with Pudge & gang. I had a life size poster of Juan Gonzales on the back on my bedroom door that we got at a game. Waiting 2 hours to run the bases once at The Ballpark.

The only playoff game I got to attend was the game one drubbing by TB in the 2011 ALCS. After 'Game 6' not sure I'd ever enjoy baseball again.

This is so sweet after some pretty brutal years. This team was so much fun to watch even when they made things a little too exciting.

I love everyone here!
AgEng06
AG
Roll the Bones said:

AgEng06 said:

Son volunteered himself back to the bathroom to start the inning.

Your son gets my vote for MVP!!!

He was glad to hear you guys approved of his sacrifice.

I let him rewatch the top of the 9th that he missed in the bathroom (after all the awards), then sent his ass to bed!

Side note: lost my dad in January 2022. We watched and listened to lots of Ranger games together in the 90s and early 2000s, before I went to A&M. Wish i could have watched this one with him, but so glad to watch with my kids
Water Boy
AG
Uncle just sent me a pic of when I was around 10 at the rangers game. My uncle would take me a rangers game every year. He taught me how to play ball and always went to my games. This is what it's all about.
gigem1223
Just left the game! What an amazing experience. I sports cried! Love you guys!
investorAg83
AG
This is for Pudge. And Juan Gone. And Palmeiro and his vitamins. It's for Josh Hamilton's sobriety. It's for Robin Ventura's face. Tony Bautista's face. Julio Franco. Elvis. Michael Young despite Clark hating him. Steve Buechele. The money we wasted on Arod. Jose Canseco's head and his vitamins. The Kenny Rogers of baseball. Will Clark. Nelson Cruz and his error. And many more but especially The Express.
CoolAggie
AG
I love you Rangers fans. Tonight heals the pain from 2011, the worst sports pain I've ever experienced. So happy for this fanbase.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Hedges hugging CY
94chem
Jim Sundberg, Buddy Bell, Charlie Hough, Larry Parrish, Toby Harrah, Rusty Greer, Steve Buechele, Pudge Rodriguez, Juan Gonzalez, Adrian Beltre, Al Oliver...
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
petebaker
CBS 11 postgame celebration
https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/62cdc813f5def500070361eb
birdman
PatriotAg02 said:

NEED THE RADIO CALL ASAP!
It was really, really good. Nadel and Hicks had the perfect call in 9th inning. After things wound down a bit, they got emotional. Worth listening to. Over and over.
ElephantRider
AG
So glad my grandma got to see it.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Ornithopter
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Somewhere Pete Incaviligia is hammering pizza and beer

To be fair, it is Wednesday
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Nagler
AG
CoolAggie said:

I love you Rangers fans. Tonight heals the pain from 2011, the worst sports pain I've ever experienced. So happy for this fanbase.

Agreed. I feel like the demon has be exorcised.
DG-Ag
AG
94chem said:

Jim Sundberg, Buddy Bell, Charlie Hough, Larry Parrish, Toby Harrah, Rusty Greer, Steve Buechele, Pudge Rodriguez, Juan Gonzalez, Adrian Beltre, Al Oliver...

Ruben "High" Sierra
FriscoKid
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Now what?

I think we "hang a banner" and need one more to catch the Astros.
Aggies2009
AG
Enjoy it, Ranger bros. This team was fun to watch for the past month.
DG-Ag
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

So many good times and cheap beers there!
91AggieLawyer
AG
94chem said:

And, of course, Jeff Kunkle.
DeangeloVickers
AG
nai06
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Anyone know if Academy or Rally House will have champion swag tomorrow?

Academy has it right now. Several stores are open in the DFW area. The Arlington store will not be closing tonight
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Great stuff, buddy.
Water Boy
AG
So happy we have been blessed to experience this moment. It's not even about the game on the field but the relationships and bonds formed with friends and family over ranger baseball that make this moment so special.
TefIon Don
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

This is as ****ed up on a Wednesday as I've ever been.

How bout yall?

I just slammed a beer and haven't eaten dinner yet.
First Page Last Page
Page 1135 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.