*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,796 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Can't help yourself.
He made tacit admission of the cheating. I'm going to mark that as progress
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EastSideAg2002
Jeez, they even bleed all over the Cowboys season thread
sburg2007
Just got home. I'm spent emotionally. I haven't read the thread but, there were so many little mistakes made it just irks me. The walls to poor hitters, fielding error that prolonged inning. Adolis bring a hot head and not just taking his base thus making leclerq sit on bench longer, not tagging from second on a ball hit to the track, twice not scoring a runner from third with less than two outs.

I tell myself we're ahead of schedule but, what if the rangers don't get back here again? What if they're the rays and get dumped in wild card round? You never know if this is the one chance. 2010 we thought that window would be open for quite some time and it basically slammed shut after 2011/12. It just makes me sad.
Infection_Ag11
AG
sburg2007 said:

Just got home. I'm spent emotionally. I haven't read the thread but, there were so many little mistakes made it just irks me. The walls to poor hitters, fielding error that prolonged inning. Adolis bring a hot head and not just taking his base thus making leclerq sit on bench longer, not tagging from second on a ball hit to the track, twice not scoring a runner from third with less than two outs.

I tell myself we're ahead of schedule but, what if the rangers don't get back here again? What if they're the rays and get dumped in wild card round? You never know if this is the one chance. 2010 we thought that window would be open for quite some time and it basically slammed shut after 2011/12. It just makes me sad.

No team has ever made it this far with a bullpen this bad. I'd rest easy on that front. The offense isn't going anywhere.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgBQ-00
AG
It is all they have. They are Gollum
fretyuioz
I feel the same. Just want the Rangers to have their day once. Just once. That's all I ask. Don't even care about the Cowboys, Mavs, Stars. I've seen them all win a title. This franchise could produce a semester course on sports heartbreak.
DallasAg 94
I love baseball. When I coached Youth Baseball, my #1 goal was to get young people to love baseball. The winning is great, but it is a game of failure and disappointment.

Anything can happen and it could be decades before we get back. I hope not. But, I really love this sport. Ups and Downs.

I agree. This team made too many mistakes tonight. To be Champions, you can't afford to make some of these mistakes. Disappointing loss that we could have won.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Focus on a win Sunday, that is the goal now. Rangers can still win this
kyledr04
AG
sburg2007 said:

Yep, it makes no difference that this wasn't supposed be the year. We're here and you never know if we make it back for a long time. Every time it slips away, it's worse.
Fenrir
Yup. I remember when people thought we were in the way up I wanna say in 04 because we had a lot of seemingly good young players. Nothing came of those teams.
AgsWin2011
AG
On a side note, just tuned into the NLCS game. The TBS coverage is superior to the FS1 garbage. The commentators, the camera angles, no ump cam or A-Rod.
sburg2007
Infection_Ag11 said:

sburg2007 said:

No team has ever made it this far with a bullpen this bad. I'd rest easy on that front. The offense isn't going anywhere.

I know that and I've sat and waited for it to show it's ugly face since Tampa. Today was the worst day and knowing it's gonna happen doesn't make it better. No solace in "next year."
94chem
I grew up with baseball. I was at the first ever Rangers game, in my mother's womb. Lettered in baseball a few blocks away at Arlington Lamar. My fondest memory as a player was struggling to hit for my entire life, then working on drills every day for an entire summer, and finally being able to hit HS pitching. I've run a sub-6 mile after 50, won racquetball tournaments, and finally got a sub-4 marathon this year, but nothing was as hard as learning how to hit a baseball, and nothing felt better than starting to see those line drives happen. I know how hard it is to do, and I'm amazed how big leaguers do it. This game is a lifelong marvel, and talking trash to people who neither understand it or respect it just doesn't make sense. People think they're Jose Bautista or Adolis Garcia or Bryce Harper. They're not. If they grew up with the game, and maybe knew what it felt like to accomplish something personally, even at a low level, maybe they'd be different. I just don't see the appeal.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DallasAg 94
fretyuioz said:

I feel the same. Just want the Rangers to have their day once. Just once. That's all I ask. Don't even care about the Cowboys, Mavs, Stars. I've seen them all win a title. This franchise could produce a semester course on sports heartbreak.
I was a STH for the Dallas Stars. 1st season was 1997-98 when they lost the Western Conf Finals.

I had the privilege of going to G1 and G2. Had tickets to G5 & G7, but was out of the country. Got to see the 1st two OTs and the broadcast never returned for me to see the end.

Never once... did I ever think to trash talk the Sabres... nor the RedWings. I was too busy celbrating the Stanley Cup!

I really hope we get to celebrate a Rangers World Series victory.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Posted this in the AL West thread. What are y'all's thoughts? I thought the HBP was intentional at first but I don't think I could be convinced of that now that I've had time to cool off and think about it.

I don't think it was intentional. I do think they were trying to brush him back. That situation is not one in which you hit the guy that pimped a homerun his last AB. But, in Garcia's defense, the heat of the moment got the best of him and it's not like it didn't happen before. Abreu looked like he was as having control issues and we were about to start rocking him.

The benches being cleared changed the whole game. LeClerc went cold, the Astros were like a hornets nest that got disturbed, and the Rangers were deer in the headlights.

Explain to me like I'm 5 why on a deep fly ball to left center, Josh Smith doesn't tag and get to third. Let's say he takes off and the throw from the outfield gets past the third baseman (goes in the dugout, etc) tie ball game. It's possible he gets gunned but not likely.
Double Talkin' Jive...
MrCoachEricTaylor
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Posted this in the AL West thread. What are y'all's thoughts? I thought the HBP was intentional at first but I don't think I could be convinced of that now that I've had time to cool off and think about it.

I don't think it was intentional. I do think they were trying to brush him back. That situation is not one in which you hit the guy that pimped a homerun his last AB. But, in Garcia's defense, the heat of the moment got the best of him and it's not like it didn't happen before. Abreu looked like he was as having control issues and we were about to start rocking him.

The benches being cleared changed the whole game. LeClerc went cold, the Astros were like a hornets nest that got disturbed, and the Rangers were deer in the headlights.

Explain to me like I'm 5 why on a deep fly ball to left center, Josh Smith doesn't tag and get to third. Let's say he takes off and the throw from the outfield gets past the third baseman (goes in the dugout, etc) tie ball game. It's possible he gets gunned but not likely.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the failure to tag was a brain fart on Smith, maybe chalk it up to him not seeing the field in who knows how long. But definitely a huge eff up.
AgBQ-00
AG
There was no reason not to advance on that. If for whatever reason the fielder flubbed it he still scores if he tags up.
94chem
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

HBP was not intentional.

Smith would not have even drawn a throw.

If Garcia just takes his base, we probably score that inning. I told y'all the other night that it was important to tag Abreu for that run. Tonight was why. We were gonna get to him again.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DeangeloVickers
AG
I'm still so upset at Garcia.

Acted like a 3rd grader. Take your base and we're in great shape.

Instead nothing good happened. LeClerq got cold.
Pressly got more time to get ready.

So dumb.
sburg2007
Yup. Hot head. Adolis giveth and taketh away.
TexasAggiesWin
S
After my cooler head had has prevailed....

I know they were wanting to throw in on Adolis in that situation. Down 2 - bottom of 8 - they didn't want him hitting another bomb to put the game out of reach and wanted to establish the inside part of the zone. I honestly don't think Abreu was trying to hit him in that spot though. Trust me, at the time it felt like it but after thinking about it for 3 hours (and having a brew or 2) I don't think that was the intent. I believe the intent was to brush him back (for example, Altuve style yesterday) but hitting him to get runners at 1st and 2nd with 1 out made no sense.

The reaction basically caused the game to be delayed by 10-15 minutes and let LeClerc get cold. Hindsight in always 20/20 but I just feel like that type of reaction caused all sorts of ramifications, particularly firing up the Astros. I would have hoped it fired up the Rangers hitters but that was absolutely not the case
TheCurl84
AG
Should Baker be suspended for Game 6, for refusing to exit the dugout when tossed? I think, under normal circumstances, it would draw a suspension. Probably not in an ALCS.
TexasAggiesWin
S
TheCurl84 said:

Should Baker be suspended for Game 6, for refusing to exit the dugout when tossed? I think, under normal circumstances, it would draw a suspension. Probably not in an ALCS.
Good question, in normal circumstances, there is no debate. However, in normal circumstances Adolis would be suspended for a few games as well for making contact with an umpire.

Who in the hell knows?
MrCoachEricTaylor
Alright peace out till Sunday fellas (but probably sometime early tomorrow morning)
GarlandAg2012
AG
TheCurl84 said:

Did I read correctly that he did eventually go to the locker room and then came back out in the 9th? I could have misread.
JWinTX
Just got home…so anyone who tells me we aren't cursed is a damn liar.

PatAg
AG
KNM2020 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

PatriotAg02 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I guess this has become the trash talking thread.

Staph has abandoned the site.
Yep. I'd like to have a civil discussion about the Rangers.
You'll have to wait until the Asstros fans are done validating themselves.

Starting to wonder if it's these guys holding the ags back from breaking through the ceiling. I can't imagine how they'd act

Not sure the world could handle it
Yes, they are the people we are ashamed of
PatAg
AG
The hope is, that our bigtime hitters are both in a funk, but streaky hitters also go on hot streaks. Maybe Game 6 is where it starts back up.
Aggies2009
AG
PatAg said:

KNM2020 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

PatriotAg02 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I guess this has become the trash talking thread.

Staph has abandoned the site.
Yep. I'd like to have a civil discussion about the Rangers.
You'll have to wait until the Asstros fans are done validating themselves.

Starting to wonder if it's these guys holding the ags back from breaking through the ceiling. I can't imagine how they'd act

Not sure the world could handle it
Yes, they are the people we are ashamed of

Would probably like nothing better than if Jimbo started cheating to win.

These people have literally abandoned morals for a sports team lmao.
Whirligigs
[You should have paid attention to the warning and the bans already given on this thread and with your moderation history you will never get less than a week. -Staff]
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I will never understand the mentality of winning a game and going over to the other team's message board. But I know several Aggies that do it after an A&M football win. The last thing I give a damn about after my team wins is what the other fans are saying to each other. I really don't give a *****

But this is coming from someone that has never clicked on the Astros thread before. Even accidentally.
Fenrir
You're not a real man unless you live vicariously through a group of grown men you've never met so hard that you taunt other people that had no impact on the outcome of an event.

Or something.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
A "homer ump". In the MLB.

You guys are ****ing ******s. And I say plural since eight of morons starred the post.

You have your own thread. Get your weird asses over there.
alvtimes
Sunday… eovaldi drill Houston 1 hole hitter…. if they get pissy… drill 2 hole. Umps will have to eject both batters and the pitcher
BudFox7
I just hope the Astros give us one at their place. I need to feel something good after this.
First Page Last Page
Page 868 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.