*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,360,442 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Jimmy McNulty said:

Need to find a way to get Scott Stapp in the house for game three.

Pass out bibles and cocaine.
Don't forget to invite Nickleback.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Proposition Joe said:

3:30 Monday Game 2 in Houston -- if I were a fan I wouldn't be thrilled about that.

If we can steal a win Sunday night, Minute Maid is going to be pretty quiet on a Monday afternoon.

You have obviously not been to many CS, they CS are notably more rowdy than the World Series. The blue collar fans can still afford
CS tickets the world series is mostly corporate/white collar outside the SRO. Game 6 of Boston series a few years ago was almost as
loud as Game 5 of the 2017 WS

sorry for posting as an Astros fan, don't ban my mods, was trying to read y'all's thought on Braves/Phils game and saw that gem.

i guess if yall blow Verlander out in game 1 maybe game 2 is not as loud but I doubt it, just means those tickets go wilder fans

the question becomes will the MLB make y'all keep the roof
open as well or is that rule only for the Astros

gigem1223
Yea it's the ALCS, not the regular season. Doesn't matter what time the games are. They're all going to be SRO and loud as frick.
Proposition Joe
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Proposition Joe said:

3:30 Monday Game 2 in Houston -- if I were a fan I wouldn't be thrilled about that.

If we can steal a win Sunday night, Minute Maid is going to be pretty quiet on a Monday afternoon.

You have obviously not been to many CS, they CS are notably more rowdy than the World Series. The blue collar fans can still afford
CS tickets the world series is mostly corporate/white collar outside the SRO. Game 6 of Boston series a few years ago was almost as

sorry for posting as an Astros fan, don't ban my mods, was trying to read y'all's thought on Braves/Phils game and saw that gem.

i guess if yall blow Verlander out in game 1 maybe game 2 is not as loud but I doubt it, just means those tickets go wilder fans

I'd wager I've been to more Texas Rangers playoff games than anyone in this thread.

No one is talking about CS vs WS crowds. Afternoon weekday games -- no matter the series -- are not as loud as night games.
Schall 02
AG
One out from home field advantage in the WS should we make it.
shack009
AG
Wow, what a job by Strahm to come in and give up no runs there.

Braves, Dodgers, Orioles all out, winning a combined 1 game.
gigem1223
Jesus the dude interviewing Castellanos should be fired. God awful.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Proposition Joe said:

I'd wager I've been to more Texas Rangers playoff games than anyone in this thread.

No one is talking about CS vs WS crowds. Afternoon weekday games -- no matter the series -- are not as loud as night games.
I am going to guess I have been to more CS and WS games than anyone on this thread, both day and night, think what you may but the CS is different. Roof on vs off makes way more of a difference
GreasenUSA
AG
gigem1223 said:

Jesus the dude interviewing Castellanos should be fired. God awful.
Castellanos was a complete ass hole from the start of that interview. Dude must be roided up.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I was wrong on this one, Rangers do get home field over PHL
Proposition Joe
I'm not even going to entertain the argument on whether a weekday day game is more loud than a weekday night game.

Literally anyone who has watched playoff baseball could tell you the answer to that.

But thank you for trying to educate all our fans on what the playoffs are like.
gigem1223

Also Phils have the home field if the advance versus both Astros and Rangers

Not on the Rangers. Tied for same record, rangers own h2h.
AggieEP
Schall 02 said:

Is this for sure, we finished with the same record as the Phillies, and we beat them head to head this year, but they were the 4 seed and we were the 5 seed.

Is it a guarantee that we get homefield advantage in the world series?

Proposition Joe
AggieEP said:

Schall 02 said:

Is this for sure, we finished with the same record as the Phillies, and we beat them head to head this year, but they were the 4 seed and we were the 5 seed.

Is it a guarantee that we get homefield advantage in the world series?

Yes, the tiebreaker is head to head.
gigem1223
If the Rangers advance to the World Series they will have home field.
kyledr04
AG
Rangers should own the advantage since they had the same record but Rangers won head to head.

https://www.mlb.com/news/world-series-home-field-advantage
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I'm not even going to entertain the argument on whether a weekday day game is more loud than a weekday night game.

Literally anyone who has watched playoff baseball could tell you the answer to that.

But thank you for trying to educate all our fans on what the playoffs are like.

You do you boss, but I have watched 101 Astros playoff games since 2016. Roof > Time

Y'all have a great squad when yall are hot so it should be be a great series
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
gigem1223 said:

Also Phils have the home field if the advance versus both Astros and Rangers

Not on the Rangers. Tied for same record, rangers own h2h.
Yep fixed it, I thought the Phils won 91
PatriotAg02
AG
If my memory serves we swept them in the first series of the year.
Proposition Joe
You are the only one talking WS vs CS, blue collar vs white collar, or open roof vs closed roof.

I said a weekday day game won't be as loud as a night game and you decided that would be the time to educate our fanbase on what the playoffs are like.
Water Boy
AG
I knew this team was different when we swept the Phillies in our first series. Going to be real tough to get by Houston, but man wouldn't it be something to beat the Phillies in the WS. That would be one heck of a beginning and end. Now back to Houston.
Proposition Joe
We'll wind up playing the Diamondbacks and FOX will decide to move all of the games to day games because Golden Bachelor will draw better than Arizona/Texas WS
JWinTX
Water Boy said:

I knew this team was different when we swept the Phillies in our first series. Going to be real tough to get by Houston, but man wouldn't it be something to beat the Phillies in the WS. That would be one heck of a beginning and end. Now back to Houston.

Personally, I'd rather see the Rangers and Arizona. New teams and I can't stand Philly fans. Too many Eagles idiotic fans in that fanbase.
GrapevineAg
AG
Time for staff to take out the trash.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Yep and we lost 2 at home starting 5 or 6 guys who aren't on the playoff roster, although this Astros team plays much better on the road in the playoffs. I'd prefer home field but being able to split the first two and consider that a win always feels great as a the road team

We are 8-5 in the World Series on the road and 5-8 at home since 2017.
Water Boy
AG
I'll take Arizona if they play the same way they did against Houston the last week of the regular season!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Proposition Joe said:

You are the only one talking WS vs CS, blue collar vs white collar, or open roof vs closed roof.

I said a weekday day game won't be as loud as a night game and you decided that would be the time to educate our fanbase on what the playoffs are like.
As someone who has been to alot of the CS games and WS games in person, not on TV with amplified sound, I am saying that game time in the CS matters much less than the other elements, especially when the El Tiempo margaritas are flowing out in centerfield.

One legit tip for you guys if you come to the Juice Box, do not have more than two of those El Tiempo margaritas or you probably won't remember the 9th inning!

With that I shall go back to the Astros thread! Have fun and good luck!
gigem1223
JWinTX said:

Water Boy said:

Personally, I'd rather see the Rangers and Arizona. New teams and I can't stand Philly fans. Too many Eagles idiotic fans in that fanbase.

Shocker. Would've thought you'd rather see Houston and Arizona.
Proposition Joe

Proposition Joe said:

As someone who has been to alot of the CS games and WS games in person, not on TV with amplified sound, I am saying that game time in the CS matters much less than the other elements, I shall go back to the Astros thread! Have fun and good luck!

Oh golly gee you've been to CS and WS games in person and not just watched on TV?

Shucks, tell us rubes what it's really like?

I love how the fanbase that literally set the modern day record for lack of attendance over a 4 year period now feels the need to explain what it's like in the playoffs to a fanbase that has had 22 home playoff games in the last 13 years including 6 WS games.

Have a historical tankjob and cheating scandal and suddenly you're experts.
DallasAg 94
What would us Serfs do if not for the Ivory Tower Astros Royalty to talk down to us and edumacate us...

But you expect that from someone with his moniker.
AggieEP
Proposition Joe said:

Proposition Joe said:

As someone who has been to alot of the CS games and WS games in person, not on TV with amplified sound, I am saying that game time in the CS matters much less than the other elements, I shall go back to the Astros thread! Have fun and good luck!

Oh golly gee you've been to CS and WS games in person and not just watched on TV?

Shucks, tell us rubes what it's really like?

I love how the fanbase that literally set the modern day record for lack of attendance over a 4 year period now feels the need to explain what it's like in the playoffs to a fanbase that has had 22 home playoff games in the last 13 years including 6 WS games.

Have a historical tankjob and cheating scandal and suddenly you're experts.

I want to be able to cheer for both Texas teams so bad, I grew up in Dallas and San Antonio, and as a baseball loving kid, I loved to watch the Rangers and the Astros. The killer B's were awesome and easy to root for. In college I actually had a job running the Astros radio broadcasts and became even more of an Astros fan, making them my 1b right behind the Rangers. However, whatever happened to Astros fans by going through the tanking years now has made them absolutely insufferable to deal with.

Between the incessant lecturing they give on every subject, or the downplaying of their scandal they just never shut up about how awesome they are and how everyone should want to be them. Then you peek at their game day threads and it's an orgy of anger and vitriol for their manager, half their players, other posters that don't parrot the talking points of the thread bullies, and then comes the incessant near nudes they post. I'm as big of a fan of boobs as there is, but on a game thread where women and possibly teens/kids could be following, it's just one more obvious sign of their overall jackass and unwelcoming behavior.
South Platte
AggieEP said:

I want to be able to cheer for both Texas teams so bad, I grew up in Dallas and San Antonio, and as a baseball loving kid, I loved to watch the Rangers and the Astros. The killer B's were awesome and easy to root for. In college I actually had a job running the Astros radio broadcasts and became even more of an Astros fan, making them my 1b right behind the Rangers. However, whatever happened to Astros fans by going through the tanking years now has made them absolutely insufferable to deal with.

Between the incessant lecturing they give on every subject, or the downplaying of their scandal they just never shut up about how awesome they are and how everyone should want to be them. Then you peek at their game day threads and it's an orgy of anger and vitriol for their manager, half their players, other posters that don't parrot the talking points of the thread bullies, and then comes the incessant near nudes they post. I'm as big of a fan of boobs as there is, but on a game thread where women and possibly teens/kids could be following, it's just one more obvious sign of their overall jackass and unwelcoming behavior.
Perfectly said. However, take a breather and enjoy a beer.

Grapesoda2525
I'm sure the other thread is calling us prudes or "no fun" now.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What a predictable turn this thread has made.

All I can say is, go Rangers!
fc2112
My goodness, the Oxy fans just can't help themselves but to come over and try to troll on this thread. One would think they'd have a little more self confidence after winning 1.5 world series titles.
First Page Last Page
Page 741 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.