*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,360,421 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
bmac_aggie18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Fans from the other thread would probably crash it and mess it up.

Didn't even think about that but man wouldn't surprise me at all haha
Legal Custodian
AG
Just looked it up, and unless I'm missing something, this is the first time two teams from the same state have matched up in the LCS.
gigem1223
Legal Custodian said:

Just looked it up, and unless I'm missing something, this is the first time two teams from the same state have matched up in the LCS.

I believe that's right. SF and LA played a couple years ago but that was the NLDS.
Grapesoda2525
bmac_aggie18 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Fans from the other thread would probably crash it and mess it up.

Didn't even think about that but man wouldn't surprise me at all haha
Hundreds if not thousands of Astro fans who supposedly don't care about us at all read this thread. You wouldn't just have to worry about the ones on the other thread who post, but lurkers who read and don't post at all could still ruin your day if you arrange something publicly on here.

Just trying to save you the headache.
bmac_aggie18
AG
For some reason having a little trouble sending you a PM, but I live in the Heights, am pretty flexible, and don't mind doing a little driving
gigem1223
So what we thinkin the rotation looks like for the ALCS?

My guess would be:

Eovaldi
Montgomery
Heaney/ Dunning
Scherzer/ Gray/ Bullpen
Eovaldi
Montgomery
All hands on deck
_lefraud_
AG
Mr Gigem

Any suites available for WED?
gibby03
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Well…. I was very vocal about wanting to be on the AL east side of the bracket and was right about that.

I was hoping the Astros either wouldn't make it at all or the twins would beat them.

The Astros are 9-4 against us and have gone to 7 ALCS's in a row. They just seem like the team that won't die.

Which is the type of story and team that you send their butts packing.
Mr Gigem
AG
I think so. You still got my email?
CampingAg
AG
I wonder what the holdup has been on announcing the game time Sunday? It was always gonna be just one game with two central time zone teams. If AZ is in the NLCS I wonder who will get prime time slots on days when they both play? ALCS (two medium market teams in the same state), or NLCS (one major market and one dud market)?
_lefraud_
AG
Its 7 central
DeangeloVickers
AG
I don't even know why we're playing this series.

They've already beat us and in the World Series

jkag89
CampingAg said:

I wonder what the holdup has been on announcing the game time Sunday? It was always gonna be just one game with two central time zone teams. If AZ is in the NLCS I wonder who will get prime time slots on days when they both play? ALCS (two medium market teams in the same state), or NLCS (one major market and one dud market)?
The NLCS doesn't start until Monday. Games 1, 3 and 5 (if necessary) of the ALCS will all be 7PM starts.
AverageJones
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

Any of y'all live around Houston and are interested in meeting up for one of the games this week? Know the times suck but worth a shot

I'm in League City but have appointments for my daughter tomorrow and Wednesday. I'd be down for something if we advance.

Quincey P,

You still up to meet for something? Surely there's a Ranger friendly bar or something around.

Anyone else around Houston feel free to chime in, be cool to get something put together.

I'm in, live out by city center
91AggieLawyer
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Ridiculous hypothetical:

Let's say that some miraculous technology existed that would allow an unlimited number of fans to comfortably attend the next playoff game in Arlington. Everything about the experience is exactly the same from the seating, traffic, parking, and lines, but somehow could have unlimited attendance (just go with it). And assume it's not a novel concept.

If the Rangers offered free admission to anyone that showed up under this stupid premise, how many people would go to the game? Assume your seats would be good, but not a luxury experience. DFW has about 8 million people. Would 1 in 25 want to go (320,000)? More or less, in your opinion?

500K easy. Maybe 750. A million would be pushing it. Keep in mind that there wouldn't be fans from just the immediate metroplex. I was attending games when I was a kid living in Sherman in Grayson County. All of North Texas would come under these circumstances so come to think of it, a million might not be out of the question.

There are a lot of older, 60+ year old Ranger fans who haven't been to playoff baseball and would love to see a game.
The Brazos Kid
I'd love to take my son (now 15) to one of the games at GLF. The last game he and I attended was when he was 6 so it's been a hot minute.

I grew up in Arlington 5 minutes from the old Arlington Stadium and spent many summer nights watching less than stellar Ranger teams of old.

If it pans out and I can sway my wife into letting me splurge, we will try to make it to a game 3 or 4.

I want my boy to feel a playoff atmosphere.
fc2112
Be prepared that the aftermarket is gonna be stupid for this series.
fc2112
Hey, why the celebrations from the Oxys over getting to the ALCS? Weren't the Oxy fans around here saying getting to the ALCS wasn't a big deal?
DallasAg 94
fc2112 said:

Hey, why the celebrations from the Oxys over getting to the ALCS? Weren't the Oxy fans around here saying getting to the ALCS wasn't a big deal?

Word was "Been there done that."

All professional. **shrug**
All morons
hawk1689
AG
How is that DFW sports always find a way to conflict in big games? The one MNF game we have just happens to be on game 1 of the ALCS?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
fc2112 said:

Be prepared that the aftermarket is gonna be stupid for this series.

They are already stupid. Looking last night and chep seats are $300.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Grapesoda2525
hawk1689 said:

How is that DFW sports always find a way to conflict in big games? The one MNF game we have just happens to be on game 1 of the ALCS?
At least the game is in Houston and it would be game 2.
jkag89
Game 1 of the ALCS is Sunday. There could be a conflict with Game 2 but that might be an afternoon game.
fc2112
My $175 seats are listed for $400 for Game 1. Wife said she doesn't want to go - tempted to sell mine and buy a single elsewhere day of game when prices drop.
caleblyn
91AggieLawyer said:

Seven Costanza said:

Ridiculous hypothetical:

Let's say that some miraculous technology existed that would allow an unlimited number of fans to comfortably attend the next playoff game in Arlington. Everything about the experience is exactly the same from the seating, traffic, parking, and lines, but somehow could have unlimited attendance (just go with it). And assume it's not a novel concept.

If the Rangers offered free admission to anyone that showed up under this stupid premise, how many people would go to the game? Assume your seats would be good, but not a luxury experience. DFW has about 8 million people. Would 1 in 25 want to go (320,000)? More or less, in your opinion?

500K easy. Maybe 750. A million would be pushing it. Keep in mind that there wouldn't be fans from just the immediate metroplex. I was attending games when I was a kid living in Sherman in Grayson County. All of North Texas would come under these circumstances so come to think of it, a million might not be out of the question.

There are a lot of older, 60+ year old Ranger fans who haven't been to playoff baseball and would love to see a game.
I assume you are only asking Rangers fans to attend. Therefore, I would put the number much higher. Closer to one million and could be much higher. For example, I live in Baton Rouge and would make the trip for free tickets.

If you opened it to Rangers and Astros...5 million people!
PatriotAg02
AG
Thought about going to a home game but yeah the prices are gonna be insane and with kids not real feasible.
fatherof4
What is Montgomery salary range going to be and what are the chances he stays with the Rangers after the season?
twilly
AG
Here's my experience with after market from the 2010 and 2011 ACLS and WS

ALCS tickets were 2.5x to 3x face for a pair. For a single (ie just to get in) 1.5x to 3x.

WS tickets were 3-4x for a pair and 2-3x for a single.

Depending on the circumstances, game 3 will be more expensive than game 4. Game 5 should be less due to the if necessary nature of the game. For the 2011 WS, I picked up a single club seat for 1.5x face 4 hours before first pitch. Series was 2-2 at that point.
Proposition Joe
2010 and 2011 were a different time - teams weren't yet dynamically pricing and backdooring tickets to the secondary through partners. All of these teams deal with large brokers with contracts and/or profit sharing in place so that they can move large swaths of tickets on the secondary market without drawing the ire of their fanbase.
zgolfz85
AG
buddy offered me a game 3 ticket if I flew back home....work is hell right now and flights last minute are silly expensive, but so damn tempting
twilly
AG
I should have also said I went thru eBay and scalpers, not Ticketmaster for after market tix.
KT 90
AG
hawk1689 said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/2023-mlb-playoff-and-world-series-schedule

MLB hasn't announced the times yet that I can see, so Monday might be an afternoon or early evening start time. This is from the MLB site:

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
Presented by loanDepot
Sunday, Oct. 15
TEX @ HOU, Game 1, FOX/FS1
Monday, Oct. 16
AZ @ ATL/PHI, Game 1, TBS
TEX @ HOU, Game 2, FOX/FS1
Tuesday, Oct. 17
AZ @ ATL/PHI, Game 2, TBS
Wednesday, Oct. 18
HOU @ TEX, Game 3, FOX/FS1
Thursday, Oct. 19
ATL/PHI @ AZ, Game 3, TBS
HOU @ TEX, Game 4, FOX/FS1
Friday, Oct. 20
ATL/PHI @ AZ, Game 4, TBS
HOU @ TEX, Game 5 (if necessary), FOX/FS1
Saturday, Oct. 21
ATL/PHI @ AZ, Game 5 (if necessary), TBS
Sunday, Oct. 22
TEX @ HOU, Game 6 (if necessary), FOX/FS1
Monday, Oct. 23
AZ @ ATL/PHI, Game 6 (if necessary), TBS
TEX @ HOU, Game 7 (if necessary), FOX/FS1
Tuesday, Oct. 24
AZ @ ATL/PHI, Game 7 (if necessary), TBS
KT 90
AG
fatherof4 said:

What is Montgomery salary range going to be and what are the chances he stays with the Rangers after the season?

DallasAg is pretty good at finding comparable pitchers and getting a general range. Montgomery has been solid since the trade, so his price is likely increasing. His last start wasn't as good, but still not terrible.

rbtexan
S
KT 90 said:

fatherof4 said:

DallasAg is pretty good at finding comparable pitchers and getting a general range. Montgomery has been solid since the trade, so his price is likely increasing. His last start wasn't as good, but still not terrible.

It's going to be pretty steep, and I think his agent is going to test FA regardless - he'd be remiss if he didn't.
I did find the following on Bleacher Report re: Montgomery, FWIW.

Quote:

Whether he's the ace of the staff or a No. 2 starter is in the eye of the beholder, but Montgomery is on the short list of legitimate candidates to get a deal in excess of $100 million.
Jimbo Franchione
twilly
AG
Bet money that Mondays game is early afternoon as not to compete with Cowboys game that night.
First Page Last Page
Page 739 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.