*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,360,594 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
double aught
AG
Baby Billy said:

I love this!
MSFC Aggie
AG
fc2112 said:

Daveintx said:

If the Braves make it, and the Rangers take care of business, then there will be a reunion with Wash awaiting them in the Series

And Wash can see Bochy sub Jankowski for Garcia in right field after Adolis' last at bat and be confused about why he's doing that.
Too soon
fc2112
BTW - did we ask the Oxys if it was ok to celebrate after last night's game? Wouldn't want to be presumptuous and celebrate when they think we shouldn't.
duck79
AG
Based off the clubhouse videos, Max may be a bit foggy today.
Grapesoda2525
Really hoping for a game 5 because that would force both the Astros and Twinkies to use Verlander / Lopez.
cookeag
AG
Got my code not too long after posting. Tickets secured.
KT 90
AG
duck79 said:

Based off the clubhouse videos, Max may be a bit foggy today.

He's getting paid $40M+ this season, he can get his ass out of bed and throw some pitches

KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Really hoping for a game 5 because that would force both the Astros and Twinkies to use Verlander / Lopez.
That would be ideal. But wouldn't Smoltz say that's not fair if they have to use up their top starters ?
TexasAggiesWin
S
Jimtim1216
S
Grapesoda2525 said:

I second, 3rd and 4th that. Would love for it Togo 18 innings as well
Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

That would be ideal. But wouldn't Smoltz say that's not fair if they have to use up their top starters ?
Hopefully smoltz isn't qualified to do the ALCS. They should have better announcers available by then.
Grapesoda2525
It's starting to look like the Phillies might make the World Series again. Would we have home field advantage over the Phillies if we made it? Our records are the same.
PatriotAg02
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

It's starting to look like the Phillies might make the World Series again. Would we have home field advantage over the Phillies if we made it? Our records are the same.
Is it not the All-Star result anymore?
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

If it's H2H it'd be Texas since we swept them the first 3 games of the season,
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

If it's H2H it'd be Texas since we swept them the first 3 games of the season,
We also have a better home record so I can't think of a tie breaker that would award them home field. The all star game doesn't mean squat anymore.
Grapesoda2525
Quote:

From Ken Rosenthal:

Sometime after the seventh inning, right around when Nathan Eovaldi took his curtain call, Chris Young's wife, Liz, turned to him and said, "I guess Christmas Eve was worthwhile."

Liz remembered. Her husband, the Texas Rangers' general manager, should have been enjoying the holiday with his family. Instead, he was negotiating a two-year, $34 million free-agent contract for Eovaldi with the pitcher's agent, Seth Levinson.

"She was a little mad at me," Young said with a smile Tuesday night, in the afterglow of a 7-1 Rangers victory that completed a three-game sweep of the Baltimore Orioles in the American League Division Series.

Nearly 10 months later, Levinson also had a vivid recollection of his back-and-forth with Young, whom practically everyone in the industry calls "CY."

"CY and I were just doing our jobs, except this time, the negotiations went until 11:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve," Levinson said. "CY's Zoom call (with Eovaldi) a week earlier was so impressive that Nate had to be a Ranger, and I wasn't accepting no for an answer. As it turns out, Nate is an especially good Christmas gift for everyone."
We're in good hands folks. Very interesting story here.
Grapesoda2525

Former ranger with words of wisdom.
fightintxag13
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Pretty sure it changed back to best overall record last season.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

It changed to the team with the best regular season record in 2017.
Seven Costanza
AG
Ridiculous hypothetical:

Let's say that some miraculous technology existed that would allow an unlimited number of fans to comfortably attend the next playoff game in Arlington. Everything about the experience is exactly the same from the seating, traffic, parking, and lines, but somehow could have unlimited attendance (just go with it). And assume it's not a novel concept.

If the Rangers offered free admission to anyone that showed up under this stupid premise, how many people would go to the game? Assume your seats would be good, but not a luxury experience. DFW has about 8 million people. Would 1 in 25 want to go (320,000)? More or less, in your opinion?
cmiller00
AG
Athletic says these tiebreakers apply to World Series as well:

Head-to-head record
Intradivision record (records within their division)
Interdivision record (record against teams outside of their division)
Last half of intraleague games
Last half of intraleague games plus one (outcome of the last game of the first half of intraleague games); this one would be repeated until the tie is resolved.

Also no ghost runners in playoffs thankfully.
fc2112
Well the Twinkies are sucking. Need to get it together and force Game 5
PatriotAg02
AG
Twins are asleep at the wheel. Bring on the Disastros.
Grapesoda2525
cmiller00 said:

Athletic says these tiebreakers apply to World Series as well:

Head-to-head record
Intradivision record (records within their division)
Interdivision record (record against teams outside of their division)
Last half of intraleague games
Last half of intraleague games plus one (outcome of the last game of the first half of intraleague games); this one would be repeated until the tie is resolved.

Also no ghost runners in playoffs thankfully.
Looks like we would have home field then by head to head. Obviously gotta deal with ALCS opponent first before any of this matters tho.
TexasAggiesWin
S
This game has me a Twins fan, at least for this game
Mr Gigem
AG
I'm down in enemy territory at the moment. In the woodlands
Muy
AG
Not a strike.
Mr Gigem
AG
Not even close to a strike
Muy
AG
Mr Gigem said:

I'm down in enemy territory at the moment. In the woodlands

The only enemy of the Woodlands is historical buildings.
aggiefan09
AG
Twins got hosed on that call.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Muy said:

Not a strike.

I didn't think so either. Looked inside but I thought it was close. Gotta pull the trigger there, I think.
Double Talkin' Jive...
94chem
Muy said:

Not a strike.

Maldonado knew it wasn't a strike. So did everybody except the umpire.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Not even close to a strike

Maybe not. Watching on my phone so a little hard to tell.
Double Talkin' Jive...
NukeAg10
AG
94chem said:

Muy said:

Not a strike.

Maldonado knew it wasn't a strike. So did everybody except the umpire.

Yeah, not even close.
First Page Last Page
Page 737 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.