*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,360,825 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Jimmy McNulty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man it's wild. Really takes the sting out of the bama game. This is awesome. I'll say it again. I'll be bummed if we lose in the ALCS but this was an important run for our youngsters to get playoff experience. If the Astros make it and then lose to us, they will not be able to accept it gracefully.
AgBQ-00
AG
Woke up with a HUGE smile on my face this morning. What an amazing turn around.
KT 90
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

Man it's wild. Really takes the sting out of the bama game. This is awesome. I'll say it again. I'll be bummed if we lose in the ALCS but this was an important run for our youngsters to get playoff experience. If the Astros make it and then lose to us, they will not be able to accept it gracefully.

Yep, I posted between the WC round and the ALDS round that I considered it a successful season regardless of the outcome of the ALDS (not that I don't want to keep winning). Getting playoff experience for Jung/Carter/Taveras/Heim/Lowe/Garcia was needed to help move forward next season.

But we aren't done with this season yet....

ETA: and no need to mention anything about Astro fan. We know they aren't going to handle a win, loss, or anything else gracefully.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Exactly. Getting to this point is just as difficult (normally) as finishing it off. Baseball is all about being hot at the right time and I'll be damned if our boys aren't a blue flame right now.
BassCowboy33
One of the 514 posts that I missed last night might have mentioned it, but this stat amazed me. The Rangers are halfway to the greatest single-season turnaround in baseball history.

BassCowboy33
Jimmy McNulty said:

Exactly. Getting to this point is just as difficult (normally) as finishing it off. Baseball is all about being hot at the right time and I'll be damned if our boys aren't a blue flame right now.
Yes, but now the Rangers get, like, five days off. That means the Twins and Astros have the advantage because they get to play more games in that time. This is really unfair for the Rangers, and the format must be changed to accommodate them.

- John Smoltz, probably
PatAg
AG
One thing that gave me confidence going into playoffs is that a lot of the leaders of the team have big time playoff experience. Whereas last time around, all those.guys were basically in it for the first time. There are no guarantees of performance, but I felt sure they wouldn't let the team look rattled
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Plus we have hedges
DeangeloVickers
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

Plus we have hedges
MrCoachEricTaylor
Jimmy McNulty said:

Plus we have hedges

Hedges>>>Maldonado
DeangeloVickers
AG
Daveintx
36 innings, 108 outs... 2 teams you've struggled against. One if them took your division title, time to take something bigger from them
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Creed on blast all morning during my workout. Feel like I'm back in 2002.
twilly
AG
With Tuesday's win, the Rangers became the first team in MLB history to sweep two teams with a combined 200 regular-season wins in a single postseason.

- The Athletic
Proposition Joe
To be fair, a lot of the postseason "streak" records start getting *******ized a little bit with the creation of the 3-game wildcard round. That record previously would have required 7 straight wins, now it only requires 5.
twilly
AG
Agreed. Just sharing the info.
Daveintx
If the Braves make it, and the Rangers take care of business, then there will be a reunion with Wash awaiting them in the Series
Jimtim1216
S
That how baseball go
fc2112
Daveintx said:

If the Braves make it, and the Rangers take care of business, then there will be a reunion with Wash awaiting them in the Series

And Wash can see Bochy sub Jankowski for Garcia in right field after Adolis' last at bat and be confused about why he's doing that.
fc2112
Jimmy McNulty
AG
fc2112 said:

So freaking awesome. I was real happy for the kid there. He needed that.You could see the huge exhale.
DallasAg 94
Jimmy McNulty said:

So freaking awesome. I was real happy for the kid there. He needed that.You could see the huge exhale.
I think most of us have been there... You're doing the work, doing everything you're told and expected to do and yet... you continue grind and struggle.

And then it happens. Hoping he has a fantastic ALCS.
DallasAg 94
So, let's talk rotation for the ALCS

G1 & G5: Eovaldi
G2 & G6: Montgomery
G3: Scherzer
G4: Heaney+>Dunning

Gives Scherzer a few more days and if G7 is necessary, and he can go... It also gives you plenty of bullpen pieces if for some reason there is a lingering issue with Max.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
fc2112 said:

Was so happy for Lowe last night. That 15 pitch AB earlier in the game was something to see. I hope his mom was able to be there to see the blast. It looked like a weight was lifted off his shoulders.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Michael Cera Palin
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Gives Scherzer a few more days and if G7 is necessary, and he can go... It also gives you plenty of bullpen pieces if for some reason there is a lingering issue with Max.

If a future HOFer says he's ready to go then you gotta trust he's ready to go, but man I'm nervous about throwing a guy into the ALCS for his first game back after a month plus
bmac_aggie18
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

You don't think we'd throw Monty in G1 & G5?
Michael Cera Palin
AG
We'll see what Boch does, we don't play until Sunday so Eovaldi will have plenty of rest and he's pitching like he did at the start of the year. I'm good with him starting or keeping Monty in there since it's been working
MrCoachEricTaylor
Not that it matters, because Houston (if we play them) can take you yard anywhere, but I think you do the opposite of Bochy's gameplan in Baltimore with the deep LF. You have an extremely short LF with the Crawford boxes. So I don't know if you throw righties in Houston to try to counter that as best as you can.
Michael Cera Palin
AG

Nothing but crowd noise
MrCoachEricTaylor
I do think if Scherz and Grey are both available, you out Grey in the Pen. I like having Scherz pitch at home. And I love pairing Heaney and Dunning together. Makes the opposing team not be able to gameplan as well for righties vs lefties, and if everything goes well, Heaney gives you 2 or 3 then Dane can give you a good 6 innings fairly easy.
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Gray may be available as well, maybe we will know more in a few days. I believe Max is throwing another simulated game today, so the beat writers should have an update on his status after that (assuming it's open for them to attend; last time he threw before the game in Baltimore, so they could watch).

But if Max was almost ready for the ALDS series, you've got to think he'll give it a go in the ALCS round. At least available out of the pen.
Carlo4
AG
KT 90 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

G3: Scherzer and Gray
G4: Heaney and Dunning
G7: Everyone except Montgomery and Eovaldi. Start Mad Max.

Here is my slight adjustment.

If Max/Gray come back, we have 7 capable starting pitchers/long inning guys counting Perez as well as the above list. We went from lacking depth to now being picky. Great problem to have

Let our 2 best pitchers go on the road in 1/2. Let Scherzer lead the less playoff experienced guys at home.
cookeag
AG
Pre-sale access code was supposed to be sent out this morning. I have not received it yet. Anyone else still waiting?
Peter Klaven
AG
What's the best $$$ value for a playoff ticket? These things are pricey, want to make sure I get the bang for my buck.

I'm thinking section 219 for $200 or 316 for $150?

Edit: Oops wasn't meant as a direct reply!
DeangeloVickers
AG
cookeag said:

Pre-sale access code was supposed to be sent out this morning. I have not received it yet. Anyone else still waiting?
I got mine. 11AM they went on sale and they went fast
First Page Last Page
Page 736 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.