*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,387,671 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
fightintxag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When was the last time we closed out a 1 run lead?
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

This was our "bullpen" game and we got the W on the road. Such a HUGE win. Now we have our aces rested and ready.
I feel like we stole this game.

We go with a BP lineup against their Ace.

We get our #1 tomorrow. Monty.

Heaney isn't likely available until Wed, but Dunning is likely ready on Tuesday. 30PC

Everyone else should be available tomorrow.
Smith - 5PC
Sborz - 20PC
Chapman - 16 PC
Leclerc - 10 PC

I wouldn't do Chapman, though.
bmac_aggie18
AG
I was about to say Chapman available tomorrow?
beagle2009
AG
LFG RANGERS
Carlo4
AG
fightintxag13 said:

When was the last time we closed out a 1 run lead?

DallasAg 94
Rodriguez (23-RHP): 23GS, 4.35 ERA, 122.0 IP, 129 K, 42 BB
Rookie. Some speculation he got the 2nd GS since it was H. It'll be interesting to see if he is amped up to start.

Splits:
Home: 4.59 ERA
Away: 4.08 ERA
L30days: 2.17 ERA, 5GS, 29.0 IP

Times through the order
1st: .223
2nd: .286
3rd: .281

Montgomery (30-LHP): 32GS, 3.20 ERA, 188.2 IP, 166 K, 48 BB

Splits:
Home: 3.61
Away: 2.73
L30days: 1.93, 5GS, 32.2 IP

Times through the order
1st: .234
2nd:
3rd: .258

Grapesoda2525
Best thing about this win is it guarantees we will get both home games ( if needed).
double aught
AG
You guys remember when Heim threw out that base runner? That was awesome.
Mr Gigem
AG
It cannot be overstated how huge winning game 1 on the road is. There is now an immense amount of pressure on BAL with Rangers gaining home field advantage.
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem said:

It cannot be overstated how huge winning game 1 on the road is. There is now an immense amount of pressure on BAL with Rangers gaining home field advantage.
Stat they showed was that the team that wins G1 wins the series 71% of the time.
Carlo4
AG
Got to talk a little Rangers with my dad in the hospital today. It was a good day that brought me to tears.

He got to stand this week for two minutes and had taken some bites of pudding.

Doesn't sound like much but it's a big deal for him. Recovery time is 1-2 years per staff so we will take every little victory.

Really helps to keep talking baseball instead of A&M falling apart after the Arkansas game.
KT 90
AG
Carlo4 said:

Got to talk a little Rangers with my dad in the hospital today. It was a good day that brought me to tears.

Doesn't sound like much but it's a big deal for him. Recovery time is 1-2 years per staff so we will take every little victory.

Really helps to keep talking baseball instead of A&M falling apart after the Arkansas game.

zgolfz85
AG
Real question…if someone told you one of your teams could win today between Ags and Rangers…who would you have picked?
All I do is Nguyen
Carlo4 said:

I don't know the full context of your situation but I just wanted to hop over here and say I hope your dad has a speedy recovery and yes you absolutely have to celebrate every victory no matter how small.

God bless and good luck in the ALDS
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
BenFiasco14
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Real question…if someone told you one of your teams could win today between Ags and Rangers…who would you have picked?

Rangers for sure. They're actually playing for something that matters right now.

Using divine intervention to ham fist an A&M win over Bama means nothing, cause the Aggies are gonna drop a few more at least
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Thankful for this team at least winning today to help ease the pain of football
beagle2009
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

Thankful for this team at least winning today to help ease the pain of football

Amen to that
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
zgolfz85 said:

I would have been satisfied had the Aggies won today. I am ecstatic that the Rangers won today.

The Aggies have let me down for over 40 years with hype, hope, and "this is our year" most years. I may or may not watch the Aggies play every weekend but I probably watch the 130 or so Ranger games a year. That's a huge investment.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Legal Custodian
AG
zgolfz85 said:

No doubt I would have picked the Aggies
Danny Vermin
Rangers and its not even close.
_lefraud_
AG
Easy choice, Rangers all the way.

I want Jimbo to lose every game. Need a change for the new SEC
Seven Costanza
AG
Grayson Rodriguez's numbers are pretty mediocre for the season, but he has an ERA around 2.50 in 60ish innings over the past two months.
Infection_Ag11
AG
zgolfz85 said:

A&M, but Rangers are a nice consolation prize.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
investorAg83
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Grayson Rodriguez's numbers are pretty mediocre for the season, but he has an ERA around 2.50 in 60ish innings over the past two months.

We HAMMERED him earlier this year in his debut and made him throw strikes, taking a lot of pitches along the way. I expect the same tomorrow.

He was the pitcher I'm least worried about that they're going to throw out, bullpen included.

Edit to add I'm mixing up his debut and the outing in May. But we beat up on him twice and made him throw a ton of pitches. Patience is key with him.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Dodgers down 6-0 Top of the 1st against the D Backs. Kershaw got the nod but was pulled with only getting 1 out. Ewfff
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

zgolfz85 said:

I would have been satisfied had the Aggies won today. I am ecstatic that the Rangers won today.

The Aggies have let me down for over 40 years with hype, hope, and "this is our year" most years. I may or may not watch the Aggies play every weekend but I probably watch the 130 or so Ranger games a year. That's a huge investment.

Yup, football season is a 12-week sprint. The marathon that baseball season is makes the playoffs that much more gratifying/heartbreaking
jkag89
College football you might survive a stumble and if you're really lucky two. Pro ball is a little more forgiving as long as you don't fall flat on your face out of the gate.
jkag89
7-0
toucan82
Carroll murdered that ball
investorAg83
AG
toucan82 said:

All the D-Backs are murdering the ball tonight.
Farmer1906
AG
toucan82 said:

Snakes added 2-3 more years to his deal. He won't hit FA til 30-31.

Cappo
AG
at least we have the Rangers right now lol helluva win
Tksymm7
AG
If Carter comes out next year and has a Corbin Carroll type of first half or season, I would love for the Rangers to pay him like this. Give him money up front and pay for his prime years.
DallasAg 94
Interesting that they already bought out his Serf and Arbs.

Some projections:
Corbin (22-OF): 155G, .285, 25HR, 54 SB, .362 OBP, 0.868 OPS
Jung (25-3B): 122G, .266, 23HR, 1 SB, .315 OBP, 0.781 OPS

Corbin (21-OF): 47G, .260, 4HR, 2 SB, .330 OBP, 0.830 OPS <- Last year
Carter (21-OF): 23G, .306, 5HR, 3 SB, .413 OBP, 1.058 OPB

Corbin gets:
Serf: $1.6, $3.6, $5.6
Arbs: $10.6, $12.6, $14.6
3Add: $28.6 per.

I don't know Carter's financial situation, but it will be interesting to see how he plays out.

He signed for $1.25M and slot was $1.47M.
Farmer1906
AG
I didn't realize what thread I was in when I posted that, but you're right. Unless you end up with a pedo like Wander, it looks like a great deal for teams. Look at Tatis, Julio, Acuna, Carroll, Alvarez.
First Page Last Page
Page 700 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.