*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,387,097 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blurb from Evan Grant update he just put out:

Quote:

Dunning will be in perfect shape to start Game 1 of the AL Division Series with Jordan Montgomery and Eovaldi to follow, on regular rest.

Maybe Scherzer will be available at some point. Lets see what kind of update we get in the next couple days. The one from Evan earlier today was encouraging.
South Platte
Danny Vermin said:

I'm officially retiring my Holland jersey for a Carter jersey.
No. Don't change a thing. Holland's twitter feed is amazing. Give him jersey love.
DallasAg 94
Flounder Dorfman said:

It's a two hour flight from Tampa to Dallas. It's not like these dudes have to go through security. Hop on the bus, drive to the airport, walk onto plane, ride home. Zero effort required.
It is probably closer to 3 hrs.

It is 30 mins just to the Tampa airport.

It is 6:20pm in Tampa. Let's say thtey get to DFW by 11pm. Home by midnight?

3hr flight from DFW to anywhere in the NE.

If you've ever traveled, those weekend trips home can be exhausting. The wife and kids all think you've been on vacation and expect time and help doing things.

Fly the family up to Baltimore and save the trip, IMO.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Flounder Dorfman said:

It's a two hour flight from Tampa to Dallas. It's not like these dudes have to go through security. Hop on the bus, drive to the airport, walk onto plane, ride home. Zero effort required.
It is probably closer to 3 hrs.

It is 30 mins just to the Tampa airport.

It is 6:20pm in Tampa. Let's say thtey get to DFW by 11pm. Home by midnight?

3hr flight from DFW to anywhere in the NE.

If you've ever traveled, those weekend trips home can be exhausting. The wife and kids all think you've been on vacation and expect time and help doing things.

Fly the family up to Baltimore and save the trip, IMO.

I just looked it up. 2 hours and 35 minutes. I have flown that route several times.

Ever flown private though? You feel a lot better after that flight than going through the beat down of a large airport.

Either way though, I don't give a crap where they stay tonight or tomorrow. Just happy that they'll be in Baltimore.
Mr Gigem
AG
We eliminated Jon Daniels from the postseason
Danny Vermin
Mr Gigem said:

Yeah but his fingerprints are all over this team.
bigcat22
AG
Mr Gigem said:

With a team he helped put together lol
FDXAg
AG
94chem said:

Right now, which 3 man rotation would you exchange Montgomery/Eovaldi/Dunning for?

And I know it's stupid to say, but let's all remember that these are essentially our #3,#4 and #5 starters. A healthy DeGrom (#1) and Scherzer (#2) would make this an incredible starting 5.
sburg2007
Evan just said 12 noon first pitch central time Saturday. Get a 2.5 win and roll straight into BTHO bama
DallasAg 94
FDXAg said:

94chem said:

Right now, which 3 man rotation would you exchange Montgomery/Eovaldi/Dunning for?

And I know it's stupid to say, but let's all remember that these are essentially our #3,#4 and #5 starters. A healthy DeGrom (#1) and Scherzer (#2) would make this an incredible starting 5.
Dunning was a question mark to make the team out of ST. Don't forget Odorizzi. Dunning was a bullpen hopeful.

These are the FA guys that need to be replaced for 2024:

Quote:

SP: Perez, Montgomery, Odorizzi
RP: Chapman, Stratton, Smith, Kennedy

Ut: Hedges, BMiller, Grossman, Jankowski
C: Garver

EC reasily replaces Grossman & Jankowski.

Montgomery is the one sentimentally that I'd like to get.
But you've got : eGrom, Scherzer, Dunning, Eovaldi, Gray, Heaney

Garver & Hedges would be nice.
bmac_aggie18
AG
I've got to think Garver is gone, probably looking for a more full time role which he honestly deserves. We were pretty look to get 2 - 20 HR Catchers
fc2112
Toronto has mor obese ball players than just about anyone.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
No one's holding back Langford for very long next year.
zgolfz85
AG
Twins are through, may their bats and arms be with them in the next series
BenFiasco14
AG
Had to catch the second half on the radio as I was on the road - oh man! Let's go!!! My only regret is that we couldn't get a double shutout, lol.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

FDXAg said:

94chem said:

Dunning was a question mark to make the team out of ST. Don't forget Odorizzi. Dunning was a bullpen hopeful.

Quote:

Heaney has a player option for 24, so he isn't a definite for 24 yet. It's for $13M, so depends on if he things he can get a better offer than that, or a multi year deal.
Grapesoda2525
Rangers vs. orioles

Asstros vs. Twinkies
gigem1223
Assuming we go with Dunning for game 1. Do we go with Monty on short rest Sunday? Any news on Scherzer? Heard the bullpen session today was great. Could really use him Sunday and let Monty go Monday.

Also, Dunning was great against Baltimore early in the year when we were still stretching him out. Went 4 IP for 0 ER and a .167 BAA.
DallasAg 94
KT 90 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

FDXAg said:

94chem said:

Quote:

Heaney has a player option for 24, so he isn't a definite for 24 yet. It's for $13M, so depends on if he things he can get a better offer than that, or a multi year deal.

Yes, but as we've discussed another 2.2 IP and it vests to $20M. That's kinda "who knows" land, IMO.

He'll still be 32 in the offseason, It will be interesting to see what his agent finds out there.

I'm guessing his agent will be looking for 3-4 yrs. Maybe $15-20 per?!
beagle2009
AG
Evan indicated that it is still unlikely he's available in the ALDS. That said, Max doesn't seem to be bound to traditional timelines.
gigem1223
Monty is the only must resign guy on the roster for me. I would love to have Garver back on another 1-2 year deal but at the right price. Same with Chapman and Stratton.
double aught
AG
gigem1223 said:

Assuming we go with Dunning for game 1. Do we go with Monty on short rest Sunday? Any news on Scherzer? Heard the bullpen session today was great. Could really use him Sunday and let Monty go Monday.

Also, Dunning was great against Baltimore early in the year when we were still stretching him out. Went 4 IP for 0 ER and a .167 BAA.
Montgomery would be on regular rest Sunday, I think.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

I believe Sunday would be normal rest for Monty

Scherzer threw a BP session today and said "I turned a corner."

I think Dunning, Monty, Eovaldi. If Max is available, I'd like to see him in G3 or G4 at home. I think the energy would buoy him and he'd be electric.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I'd like Strattton for cheap. We need about 6 more RPs
Carlo4
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

gigem1223 said:

I think Dunning, Monty, Eovaldi. If Max is available, I'd like to see him in G3 or G4 at home. I think the energy would buoy him and he'd be electric.

If we don't get anyone back from injury…. My guess is this.

Game 1 Dunning extra 2 days rest
Game 2 Monty normal rest
Travel Day
Game 3 Eovaldi extra day rest
Game 4 ?
Travel Day
Game 5 Dunning extra day rest
gigem1223
Yep brain fart. I skipped a day in my head. All the more reason today was crucial to win. Dunning/ Monty/ Evo. I like our chances!
gigem1223
Carlo4 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

gigem1223 said:

If we don't get anyone back from injury…. My guess is this.

Game 1 Dunning extra 2 days rest
Game 2 Monty normal rest
Travel Day
Game 3 Eovaldi extra day rest
Game 4 ?
Travel Day
Game 5 Dunning extra day rest

I think if game 4 is needed then you gotta go with Heaney. He's been pretty damn good lately. Obviously if this is the plan then that limits our bullpen in games 1-3.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Mr Gigem
AG
I'm throwing a brisket on for Saturday
Grapesoda2525
Saw some guy say on another fan site. " nobody has called the Twins the Twinkies before" then the next 20 posters found evidence to prove he's full of *****
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Mr Gigem said:

I have some bacon wrapped orioles ready to throw on
agent-maroon
AG
Flounder Dorfman said:

Mr Gigem said:

I have some bacon wrapped orioles ready to throw on

Sure, go ahead and eat them. I will be satisfied with wiping that stupid smirk off their orange bird faces...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Saw some guy say on another fan site. " nobody has called the Twins the Twinkies before" then the next 20 posters found evidence to prove he's full of *****

AT LEAST since the '80s. I'll concede I didn't hear it in the '70s, but wouldn't swear it wasn't being done then.
GrapevineAg
AG
That guy probably doesn't believe their old stadium was called the "Hefty Dome" either.
kyledr04
AG
Interesting that all 4 wild card series looking like they'll be done in two games
First Page Last Page
Page 688 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.