*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,387,332 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
NukeAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoooooo ****ing yahhhhh
LeagueCityAg
AG
Light work, no reaction
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Don't like that we used Leclerc there but otherwise that series couldn't have gone any better. Low stress (as low as playoff baseball can be) and barely used the bullpen.

Good things happen when we play Tampa to start the playoffs
94chem
Right now, which 3 man rotation would you exchange Montgomery/Eovaldi/Dunning for?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Schall 02
AG
Happiness!
zgolfz85
AG
outscored them 11-1 in 2 games...no big
bmac_aggie18
AG
Locker rooms have plastic liner. Think the Astros will be okay if we celebrate?
double aught
AG
That's a good team the Rangers beat. TB looked like world beaters the first part of the season.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Hope the team gets a good nights sleep at home tonight. It's been what 2 whole weeks on the road?
94chem
double aught said:

That's a good team the Rangers beat. TB looked like world beaters the first part of the season.

Yes,but I thought we had a good chance to win because they are wounded.

Bautista is out for Baltimore. That can't hurt either.

But the Rangers are missing 3 SP, including their top 2, so I'm not giving any quarter.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
frenchtoast
That was easy. Get rested and ready for the Orioles.
jkag89
Are they really flying back to the Metroplex? If so, what is the reasoning?
fightintxag13
AG
Way to rebound after the Seattle debacle! Get some rest and then bring on Baltimore!!
Danny Vermin
I'm officially retiring my Holland jersey for a Carter jersey.
bmac_aggie18
AG
It's early enough I've got to think they fly back home then head up to Baltimore Friday morning
PatAg
AG
Whats stupid about this narrative of 'choking' is in the last couple weeks we went from 3rd, to 1st, and then finished 2nd in the West.
Still should have won though
DeangeloVickers
AG
I love you guys
Danny Vermin
Michael Cera Palin said:

Hope the team gets a good nights sleep at home tonight. It's been what 2 whole weeks on the road?

They're going straight to Baltimore.
Legal Custodian
AG
Orioles have to be the dumbest bird around. Always hated them.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
jkag89 said:

Idk but I assume they've got enough time. If for nothing else just to grab some fresh clothes
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Lets. ****ing. GOOOOOO.
Proposition Joe
PatAg said:

Whats stupid about this narrative of 'choking' is in the last couple weeks we went from 3rd, to 1st, and then finished 2nd in the West.
Still should have won though

Definitely wasn't a choke... AL West was just 3 teams that didn't seem to want to take control. Astros did just enough to win the division. Seattle did just enough to miss the playoffs. We did just enough to make the playoffs.
Water Boy
AG
****Btw this is a fun joke. Not saying we are actually going to the World Series for those that take everything literal****
DallasAg 94
double aught said:

They've turned over about 1/3 of their roster since the beginning.
Legal Custodian
AG
Sucks for Rays fans. Finish with the 2nd best record in the AL and get rewarded with 2 home games and no more.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Sucks for Rays fans. Finish with the 2nd best record in the AL and get rewarded with 2 home games and no more.

Judging by the attendance figures it doesn't seem like they really appreciated the opportunities
cr06gis
AG
Feels good
Voice Of Reason 11
I felt good about our chances in Tampa but I didn't think things would go this well! Great series win! Also kind of wild to turn the channel to the Twins game and hear how loud the crowd is and how many people are there. Although to be fair to Rays fans, there wasn't anything for them to cheer about this series.
beagle2009
AG
This has to be huge for the team's mentality and vibe. Probably doesn't quite erase the burn of losing the division, but have to feel like things are back on track. If we get starting pitching like we did these last two games… watch out.
CapCityAg89
AG
I lived in Lakeland FL for almost seven years and got to like three Rays games. You could not intentionally make it harder to go to see them. Two bridges and crazy traffic. Put the park in Brandon (lots of available space) and every game would sell out. Just really stupid.
jkag89
Michael Cera Palin said:

jkag89 said:

Idk but I assume they've got enough time. If for nothing else just to grab some fresh clothes
I guess a couple of nights in your own bed is a plus but seems like unnecessary travel to me.
DallasAg 94
I like Leclerc going back-to-back games.

The more pitches he gets Post-Season, the better. Experience going back-to-back is a good thing for him.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
It's a two hour flight from Tampa to Dallas. It's not like these dudes have to go through security. Hop on the bus, drive to the airport, walk onto plane, ride home. Zero effort required.
DeangeloVickers
AG

Quote:

Two bridges and crazy traffic.
SEE THE BRIDGES!!!!

WE CANT GO BECAUSE OF THE BRIDGES!!!!!!

(I still think it's we cant go because we are busy fishing, swimming, golfing, Floridaing and 30 extra mins is just not worth it)

But I sure love the bridges are the reason for the worst crowd in 100 years
MrCoachEricTaylor
I've got to admit fellas, in the midst of our losing streak I said I wasn't going to watch anymore games (just follow them). However, when we stormed back to first, I turned in one of the LAA games and we lost. Didn't watch again until the last game of the season, we also lost. So I absolutely will not be watching any post season games (until we lose one), gonna grow real fond of Nadel, Hicks, and Sandler!
First Page Last Page
Page 687 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.