*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,362,148 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

So Dunning and assuming Perez after
You'd think...

2 innings from Dunning and Montgomery and Perez. Then play with fire in the bullpen. Hell I'm fine throwing Chapman early in the game (4th inning).

I just don't want to see any lefty matchup so we put in Chapman in the 9th.
Tksymm7
AG
I expect to see some rough baseball today. Maybe a few hangovers, some lack of focus, and the Mariners having their hearts ripped out last night.
twilly
AG
I saw the celebration last night. Was worried they would party too hard. Then I saw all the beer being sprayed was Budweiser, which is about all that swill is good for.
Carlo4
AG
I think they will want to go out a play spoiler. They want to ruin our chances of the division because we prevented them a playoff spot.

I think it will be a very emotional game/possible fight breakout…. Especially if the rangers get out early.

Only problem is the opposing SP shut us out earlier in the year so that's my fear if he's on his game.
Baby Billy
AG
Hopefully the celebration was brief and ended inside of the clubhouse last night with a day game today and a hell of a lot to play for….
KT 90
AG
Carlo4 said:

I think they will want to go out a play spoiler. They want to ruin our chances of the division because we prevented them a playoff spot.

I think it will be a very emotional game/possible fight breakout…. Especially if the rangers get out early.

Only problem is the opposing SP shut us out earlier in the year so that's my fear if he's on his game.

Or do they sandbag to screw the Astros over? The Astros and M's had the on field issues the other day between the teams after Neris and Rodriguez got into it.
Jimtim1216
S
I would not be shocked when the lineups come out if the M's "rest" some players. The series against the Rangers has never been contentious, but their series with Houston has been, then most if not all teams have contentious series against the Astros.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

Doesn't surprise me. How many times have Jung or Garcia gotten called out on strikes when it was clearly outside the damn zone?

Sometimes…. I wish the MLB was like the NBA and gave their star players preferential treatment with the refs.
You know, Cardinals, Yankees,and BoSox used to get preferential treatment. Some MLB stars still do.
Grapesoda2525
It could go 1 of 2 ways.

Either the mariners come out like the lowly 8th seeded warriors from 2007 against the mavericks and just play loose like they have nothing to lose

Or they decide to mail it in and take it easy knowing that their season is over.

I think the Mariners hate the Astros a lot more than they hate us, so we'll see. Maybe Servais will throw crappy relievers in a close game or give Rodriguez / Crawford the last few innings off to rest.
DallasAg 94
For those that care, today's performance for Seager and Diaz will decide the Batting Champion.

0.3298097 Seager
0.3295238 Yandy Diaz

I assume Diaz plays today.
Proposition Joe
Everyone trying to hyper-analyze the motivations of teams not playing for playoff seeding.

DBacks could punt. Mariners could punt. No sense in trying to predict.

Hell, we can't be 100% certain Bochy won't punt the Sunday day game
KT 90
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Everyone trying to hyper-analyze the motivations of teams not playing for playoff seeding.

We will know when/if Will Smith enters the game
AgsWin2011
AG
The Dbacks have a 1 game lead over the cubs. Is AZ already in or do the cubs hold a tie breaker? Just curious if today's results have any effect on their playoff picture.
DallasAg 94
ESPN has the Cubs as "Eliminated"
DeangeloVickers
AG
agent-maroon
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

ESPN has the Cubs as "Eliminated"
https://www.espn.com/mlb/standings/_/view/wild-card

First NL team out
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mr Gigem
AG
vander54
S
Mr Gigem said:

Forgot todays game is on ESPN+

I'm happy. I can actually watch it
World's worst proofreader
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Is ESPN+ the only way to watch?
Double Talkin' Jive...
Hair God
AG
The mlb app is showing that it is on Bally as well
Mr Gigem
AG
agent-maroon
AG

ESPN+ blackout in Rangers market area
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
vander54
S
agent-maroon said:

World's worst proofreader
Coppell97
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Mariners look like a normal lineup. DBacks look like sitting guys.
DallasAg 94
Coppell97 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Maybe they just want to give them a curtain call.
Proposition Joe
A gem from the Astros thread:

Quote:

If I was a fan, I'd lose all respect for my team if they were consciously throwing it.

This is a franchise that over 4 seasons set the modern day futility record, purposely tanking in order to amass top draft picks that forced MLB to actually change their draft rules in order to prevent teams from ever tanking like that again.
Jimtim1216
S
Proposition Joe said:

A gem from the Astros thread:

Quote:

If I was a fan, I'd lose all respect for my team if they were consciously throwing it.

This is a franchise that over 4 seasons set the modern day futility record, purposely tanking in order to amass top draft picks that forced MLB to actually change their draft rules in order to prevent teams from ever tanking like that again.

But,but that was different
LeagueCityAg
AG
vander54 said:

agent-maroon said:

They blackout all of Texas. I live in the Houston area and can't watch either.
94chem
Coppell97 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Mariners playing their guys because Julio and Neris are best buds, I guess. I mean, Juli Gurriel himself said that Neris would never say or do anything racist or homophobic.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Super Aggie 64
AG
Let's go Rangers!
aggietony2010
AG
Astros already up 2-0

Gonna need to take care of business.
94chem
Gotta hope the M's kinda swing for personal goals instead of team goals, and Dunning can keep them off-balanced. Definitely saw a few 'me' swings in B1.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
GreasenUSA
AG
What a wet-fart of a series from Arizona.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Gonna need another gem from Dunning
94chem
GreasenUSA said:

What a wet-fart of a series from Arizona.

They showed they were a crap franchise when they deliberately drafted injured A&M pitcher Barrett Loux, so he could fail his physical and they could save money.
94chem,
First Page Last Page
Page 647 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.