*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,390,901 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
20ags08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A ground ball to the outfield would most likely lead to a play at the plate.
bmac_aggie18
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

gigem1223 said:

Carlo4 said:

What was carter thinking?!?

He had no chance at that

OF is playing shallow for a play at the plate. Normal situation probably be a catch

There were 2 outs. There wasn't going to be a play at the plate

If it's a hard hit single to the OF there would 100% be a play at the plate for the winning run lol
94chem
ryanhnc10 said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

gigem1223 said:

Carlo4 said:

He had no chance at that

OF is playing shallow for a play at the plate. Normal situation probably be a catch

Yes there could have been. Shallow is the right call there with a leadoff lefty up, ground ball pitcher.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
gigem1223
PatAg said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

gigem1223 said:

Carlo4 said:

He had no chance at that

He's also 100% playing whatever depth the manager wants him to play there.

This. Was just a good piece of hitting by Crawford. Chapman/ Bochy ****ed us. They just gave a lifeless team a lifeline.
ryanhnc10
AG
TBoneAg said:

Love how everyone is blaming the pitching when we had a whopping 3 hits! That should be more concerning

Whether it was 7-6 or 2-1 Chapman still ****ed it up
agent-maroon
AG
We'll make the playoffs at some point this weekend, but doubt we'll stay around for the postseason without a functioning bullpen. Worst relief pitching I can recall.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I want Bochy to retire so badly. His mishandling of the pitching staff has cost the team a bare ass minimum of five wins this year. More than that, but I'll go conservative.
PatriotAg02
AG
Flounder Dorfman said:

I want Bochy to retire so badly. His mishandling of the pitching staff has cost the team a bare ass minimum of five wins this year. More than that, but I'll go conservative.

Way more than 5
South Platte
ryanhnc10 said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

gigem1223 said:

Carlo4 said:

He had no chance at that

On a single to left, yes there would be a play at the plate.

The good news is hopefully Bochy realizes once and for all that Chapman can't be trusted. He doesn't need to be on the playoff roster. He contributes nothing.

This loss hurts Houston. Win tomorrow combined with a gem from Gallen, we can lose Saturday and Sunday and likely send the Astros to vacation.
Proposition Joe
159 games in and Bochy still leaning into the bullpen, seeing how many arms he can roll the dice with every night.
GreasenUSA
AG
agent-maroon said:

We'll make the playoffs at some point this weekend, but doubt we'll stay around for the postseason without a functioning bullpen. Worst relief pitching I can recall.
4 of the 5 pitchers today were great. But we want to keep gambling and trying a different pitcher, even when we already have the evidence it eventually won't work.
Mr Gigem
AG
94chem
agent-maroon said:

Hardest hit ball of the last 2 innings was against Leclerc. Point is, you have to strike people out. When you only score 2 runs, all contact is dangerous. Chapman had bad luck, but swinging and missing doesn't require luck.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
gigem1223
South Platte said:

ryanhnc10 said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

gigem1223 said:

Carlo4 said:

He had no chance at that

On a single to left, yes there would be a play at the plate.

The good news is hopefully Bochy realizes once and for all that Chapman can't be trusted. He doesn't need to be on the playoff roster. He contributes nothing.

This loss hurts Houston. Win tomorrow combined with a gem from Gallen, we can lose Saturday and Sunday and likely send the Astros to vacation.

Chapman should absolutely be on this team. He should never be in a close situation though. He's money in the 8th.
Proposition Joe
It's been obvious from the mid-way point. Bochy has been playing the "lets get these guys confident and ready for the postseason".

It's stupid, but that's what it is.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Again, inexcusable to pull Leclerc after the 8th. Just mind numbing how ****ing dumb that decision, and it's been happening all season. We shouldn't even be in this situation. Should have comfortably won the division at this point

I still can't believe the Arizona series.
Mr Gigem
AG
CampingAg
AG
Absolutely none of that is on Evan Carter or his positioning.
gigem1223
Member the NY screw job at the plate in Chicago? I member.
Mr Gigem
AG
94chem
94chem said:

12 outs to go. By that, I mean the Rangers have 12 outs to get more runs, because this team ain't winning a game with 2.
94chem,
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Again, inexcusable to pull Leclerc after the 8th. Just mind numbing how ****ing dumb that decision, and it's been happening all season. We shouldn't even be in this situation. Should have comfortably won the division at this point

I think Bochy is the worst combination of trying to transition from old school to the new analytics and is caught in between and doesn't know what the **** to do.

He should not be the manager in 2024. He has **** the bed so many times this year with his incompetent mishandling of the pitching staff.
PatriotAg02
AG
Let's actually put some runs up tomorrow. Would like to not be this stressed
gigem1223
PatriotAg02 said:

Let's actually put some runs up tomorrow. Would like to not be this stressed

Easier said than done against this pitching staff
Proposition Joe
The funny thing is if we win the division, Bochy is a shoe-in for AL Manager of the Year.
CampingAg
AG
I give Bochy a pass this year. There's never more than 1 or 2 arms he can trust, if any. And who those 1 or 2 are rotates on a weekly basis. It's a historically bad and inconsistent bullpen.
gigem1223
Proposition Joe said:

The funny thing is if we win the division, Bochy is a shoe-in for AL Manager of the Year.

Brandon Hyde IMO
Proposition Joe
gigem1223 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Brandon Hyde IMO

Ahhh yea, forgot about the O's.
CampingAg
AG
Saturday is Undecided vs. Luis Castillo. Sunday is struggling Jon Gray vs. George Kirby. My battered Rangers syndrome is flaring up. If we don't win tomorrow I'm going to be a wreck.
Proposition Joe
CampingAg said:

I give Bochy a pass this year. There's never more than 1 or 2 arms he can trust, if any. And who those 1 or 2 are rotates on a weekly basis. It's a historically bad and inconsistent bullpen.

Ok, so logically if you can only trust 1 or 2... and you never know who those 2 are going to be night-in, night-out...

Then after one pitches well for the 7th, another for the 8th, why on earth would you go with a new one for the 9th?

Or pull starters that could still go another inning (not the case tonight, but at least a dozen nights this year).

Again, he's leaning into our biggest weakness. He has this desire to get everything clicking before the postseason... But we're on Game 159 with what is now the equivalent of a 1 game lead. Just win the ****ing game and worry about building confidence later. A confident bullpen sitting at home in October does you no good.
South Platte
So we send Latz down after 2.1 and no runs but we refuse to give up on Chapman after countless horrible performances. His career is over. I don't understand why we keep him in a Texas uniform. He's the one guy that just doesn't fit into what we are trying to do here.
WestTexasAg
AG
CampingAg said:

Saturday is Undecided vs. Luis Castillo. Sunday is struggling Jon Gray vs. George Kirby. My battered Rangers syndrome is flaring up. If we don't win tomorrow I'm going to be a wreck.
Same here. We were one freaking out away from not having to worry about it.
Mr Gigem
AG
WestTexasAg
AG
South Platte said:

So we send Latz down after 2.1 and no runs but we refuse to give up on Chapman after countless horrible performances. His career is over. I don't understand why we keep him in a Texas uniform. He's the one guy that just doesn't fit into what we are trying to do here.
He's been good when not in a true save situation. Terrible when asked to close it out like tonight.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
CampingAg said:

You're giving him a pass after pulling Heaney after one inning and then Leclerc after another. Heaney should have been given the opportunity to close it out. Items not like he isn't my used to throwing three innings.
First Page Last Page
Page 630 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.