*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,394,625 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
alvtimes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jmo… send Will Smith to 10 day DL…. Bochy cant stand the temptation to get him right….. give him a 10 day breather and see if he gets back to April Will Smith
South Platte
2-1
2-1
2-2

That's gets us in. If we can't do that then we don't deserve it. 32 blown saves.
94chem
South Platte said:

2-1
2-1
2-2

That's gets us in. If we can't do that then we don't deserve it. 32 blown saves.

This is fact, not opinion, correct? With the tiebreaker against Seattle, they could do no better than tie us if we did that.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
TexasAggiesWin
S
Only one thing left to do… win the whole ****ing thing
94chem
How would a 3 way tie between TEX, HOU, and SEA work, assuming TOR is in?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
KT 90
AG
94chem said:

Pretty sure I've heard an announcer or MLB Network or someone say for a three-way tie, the tie breaker is the combined record for the games between the three teams that are tied.
beagle2009
AG
KT 90 said:

94chem said:

Pretty sure I've heard an announcer or MLB Network or someone say for a three-way tie, the tie breaker is the combined record for the games between the three teams that are tied.

This is correct. The tie breaker would come down to each teams record against the rest of the group that are tied. So for the rangers, it would mean their collective record against the Astros + Mariners. Which really raises the stakes given we play the M's 7 times out of our last 10. I believe we hold a 4-1 edge against them currently, if I'm not mistaken.
94chem
Houston is currently 11-12
Texas is 9-10
Seattle is 9-7

I think.
94chem,
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
94chem said:

Houston is currently 11-12
Texas is 9-10
Seattle is 9-7

I think.

I think this is what they put on the TV screen during the game yesterday, pretty close if not completely accurate.

Houston has 3 games remaining against Seattle.

Texas has 7 against Seattle

Seattle had 7 vs Texas and 3 vs Houston remaining.
Double Talkin' Jive...
beagle2009
AG
Quote:

If the three clubs DO NOT all have identical records against one another and Team X has a better record against Teams Y and Z, then Team X is the qualifier. If Team X and Y have identical records against one another and each has a better record against Team Z, then Teams X and Y follow the two-club tiebreaker rules to determine the qualifier. Otherwise, the three clubs are ranked by their overall winning percentage against one another, and the club with the highest overall winning percentage is the qualifier. If two of the clubs have identical winning percentages in this scenario, then they would follow the two-club tiebreaker procedure.

If the three clubs DO have identical records against one another, then the team with the best intradivision record (see below) is the qualifier.

Note: If the three teams are tied for a division championship plus one Wild Card spot, then, once the above is used to determine the division champ, the remaining two teams revert to the two-team tiebreaker procedure to determine the Wild Card.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-playoff-tiebreaker-rules
94chem
That has extraneous info. The teams play each other 13 times, so no 2 teams can have an identical record against each other.
94chem,
vander54
S
If we go 5-2 vs Seattle the rest of the games don't matter.
World's worst proofreader
beagle2009
AG
Understood. Thought it was worth posting the full tiebreak procedure given the last note on a how to handle the three way tie when it comes down to division + wild card.
Mr Gigem
AG
There's no excuse not to sweep LAA. They ought to be playing for draft position and getting better odds in the lottery
vander54
S
Mr Gigem said:

There's no excuse not to sweep LAA. They ought to be playing for draft position and getting better odds in the lottery

I agree if we don't at least take 2 It's pathetic. My point though was if we go 5-2 vs Seattle we are in the playoffs. What happens with the Astros, Seattle, New York, or Boston doesn't matter.
World's worst proofreader
Danny Vermin
The good news is Ohtani, who absolutely owns us, is not playing. We SHOULD sweep them.
DeangeloVickers
AG
94chem
Unfortunately Baltimore has CLE, WAS, and BOS remaining. We would like them to lose so TB has incentive to beat TOR. TOR still has 6 with TB, and the entire West could be in good shape if TB has something to play for.
94chem,
DallasAg 94
Just an FYI on MiLB stats this year
Evan Carter: 21.023 - 108G, .288, 13HR, 26SB
Wyatt Langford: 21.310 - 41G, .367, 10HR, 11SB

Typo...

He has 29 RBI

Legal Custodian
AG
Crazy that Wyatt has 10 homeruns but only 11 rbis.
Proposition Joe
Mr Gigem said:

LAA has a chance to win the series against Tampa IN Tampa this afternoon.

Last week they went to Seattle and won 1 out of 3.

Angels aren't very good, but expecting a sweep -- much less on the road -- is setting yourself up for disappointment.
DeangeloVickers
AG
South Platte
I love hosting Seattle for our last home series and not having a clue who our Saturday starter will be. I guess Bradford starts, then hopefully get 2 innings from Perez and Heaney. Bring in Will Smith to slam the door shut in the 8th.

agent-maroon
AG
With or without our fingers still in the door?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MrCoachEricTaylor
South Platte said:

I love hosting Seattle for our last home series and not having a clue who our Saturday starter will be. I guess Bradford starts, then hopefully get 2 innings from Perez and Heaney. Bring in Will Smith to slam the door shut in the 8th.

Do you go that route, or do you let Martn get a start and see what he's got potentially for the post season?
South Platte
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

South Platte said:

Do you go that route, or do you let Martn get a start and see what he's got potentially for the post season?
He'd be pitching on two days rest. That sounds like a lot to ask of him to start after throwing 64 pitches yesterday.

Good gosh we're vomiting up lefty pitchers. I doubt they let Bradford go through the order more than twice.
fc2112
Pretty amazing to realize - it had been TWO MONTHS since the Rangers had all their All Star players on the field together on the same night before Tuesday.

https://www.si.com/mlb/rangers/news/all-stars-power-texas-rangers-snap-losing-streak-beat-boston-red-sox

Quote:

The Texas Rangers sent six players to the All-Star festivities in Seattle back in July.

For the first time in a long time, those six All-Stars were on the field together Tuesday night.

Maybe it's no coincidence the Rangers won.
beagle2009
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

South Platte said:

Sounds like Martin is going to get another chance in the rotation.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/rangers-likely-to-put-martin-perez-back-in-rotation-in-push-for-playoffs-with-al-west-wild-card-spots-open/
Grapesoda2525
Speaking of rotations……

Right now it says we face:

Vs. Seattle - Miller, Gilbert, woo

@ angels - TBD, Canning, Anderson

@. Seattle- Gilbert, Woo, Castillo, Kirby

I'd say only getting Castillo and Kirby once should be considered a win. A month ago, when I saw the angels series I was hoping we didn't get Ohtani and detmers.

We have had a lot of bad luck with pitching matchups, but if nothing changes. I think these are ok. I mean the 4 at Seattle are tough, but we have to expect they would be going all out at the end of the season.
Grapesoda2525
94chem said:

Unfortunately Baltimore has CLE, WAS, and BOS remaining. We would like them to lose so TB has incentive to beat TOR. TOR still has 6 with TB, and the entire West could be in good shape if TB has something to play for.
Cleveland has proven that they're very good at winning meaningless home games.

Also, we need Arizona to still be fighting to either earn or improve their playoff position next week so they try to win the last 3 against the Astros and hopefully use Zac Gallen against them.
Legal Custodian
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

94chem said:

Cleveland has proven that they're very good at winning meaningless home games.
Name one series where that happened!
fc2112
Watching Canning pitch for the Angels today. He's been ok and given up two earned runs thru 5. tied 2-2 in top of 6th.
Daveintx
Mr. Yankee killer (except for the playoffs) Juan Gonzales will be in town tomorrow looks like....

Maybe having him being friendly with the ball club again will help shake some of this curse
Mr Gigem
AG
Wouldn't be shocked if he bailed. Wouldn't be the first time.

Can someone elaborate on his disdain for the club?
94chem
fc2112 said:

Watching Canning pitch for the Angels today. He's been ok and given up two earned runs thru 5. tied 2-2 in top of 6th.

Good win by TB. Better for everybody in the AL West if they stay alive in the East race.
94chem,
First Page Last Page
Page 590 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.