*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,395,025 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Radio indicated Bochy was asked about Langford and Leiter getting a call. Sandler indicated Bochy didn't dismiss it (coach speak?)

But Sandler said it was almost 99% we won't see Leiter, but that Langford might have been a 20k to 1 bet a month ago, but said if the offense continued to struggle, it might be considered. He compared Langford to Anaheim's 1st Rder who has been promoted... said Langford is definitely further along, and while the guy in LAAA isn't killing it, he is holding his ground. I think he is 22G, .294, 1HR @ 1B...

I doubt he gets the Call, but it was am interesting exchange.
KT 90
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Something special going on in San Diego right now. Snell through 6. Has he ever pitched past the 6th inning?

Walked the 1st batter in the 7th.
Snell pulled, after 7; reliever kept the special game going through 8th. The score is actually 0-0, bottom of the 8th now MLB channel doing some live lookin's.
South Platte
DallasAg 94 said:

Radio indicated Bochy was asked about Langford and Leiter getting a call. Sandler indicated Bochy didn't dismiss it (coach speak?)

But Sandler said it was almost 99% we won't see Leiter, but that Langford might have been a 20k to 1 bet a month ago, but said if the offense continued to struggle, it might be considered.

I doubt he gets the Call, but it was am interesting exchange.

Can Langford pitch? How's his 8th inning moxie?
94chem
KT 90 said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Something special going on in San Diego right now. Snell through 6. Has he ever pitched past the 6th inning?

Snell pulled, after 7; reliever kept the special game going through 8th. The score is actually 0-0, bottom of the 8th now MLB channel doing some live lookin's.

They've won 6 in a row. If they win their next 10, they could still make the wild card. Iknow, they won't, but still a talented team that the Dodgers and Braves wouldn't want to face.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
KT 90 said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I didn't see Snell pitching a 9 inning no-hitter. They pulled him after 7 innings with 104 pitches. He is incredibly inefficient when he is at his best. Hader gave up the no-hit bid in the 9th.
Double Talkin' Jive...
DallasAg 94
1:05 tipoff today.

Gray (4.05) v Bello (3.71)

O's Bradish (3.12) @ Astros Javier (4.74)

Jays Gausman (3.40) @ NYY M King (2.77)

Need another W today.
DeangeloVickers
AG

Would be nice to send him to NL
vette
AG
Not many options when it comes to TJ surgery. From what I remember, there's the LA physician, Dr. Meister in Arlington, and then one in the northeast.
WestTexasAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

1:05 tipoff today.

Gray (4.05) v Bello (3.71)

O's Bradish (3.12) @ Astros Javier (4.74)

Jays Gausman (3.40) @ NYY M King (2.77)

Need another W today.
Sea Kirby (3.57) @ Oak Estes (appears to be making MLB debut)
Jimtim1216
S
Will be at the game today! Looking forward to a series win and hoping for a Seattle and Houston loss.
South Platte
Can we just score 8 runs in the first inning and have a stress-free game for once?
rbtexan
S
South Platte said:

Can we just score 8 runs in the first inning and have a stress-free game for once?
Not sure that's enough with our bullpen
Jimbo Franchione
DallasAg 94
Not sure why I didn't include them.

I guess I subconsciously believe they have been eliminated.
Jimtim1216
S
Score 18 in the first then 8 in the second
Mr Gigem
AG
If we lose, then it's your fault and you can never come to another game
GreasenUSA
AG
Does anyone know of a sports bar and grill in San Antonio that would have Bally and shows The Rangers? Gotta run some errands down there today, and would like to stop for a bite to watch the game.
DeangeloVickers
AG
KT 90
AG
Early start alert for today's game, 1:05pm

MrCoachEricTaylor
Almost hoping we keep struggling offensively just to force their hands and call up Langford..
Baby Billy
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Almost hoping we keep struggling offensively just to force their hands and call up Langford..

I could be wrong but I think the chances of that are next to zero
Grapesoda2525
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Give the kid some more seasoning, I think the earliest we could possibly see him is he breaks camp with the rangers next year.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Baby Billy said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

I could be wrong but I think the chances of that are next to zero

I felt like that too, but I believe Bochy mentioned in an interview that he wouldn't rule it out.. I feel like he easily could've said no. And with how he's obliterated minor league pitching, I think I couldn't hurt.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Grapesoda2525 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Give the kid some more seasoning, I think the earliest we could possibly see him is he breaks camp with the rangers next year.

That's what I originally thought, but that kid just seems so advanced. It could really help us in this stretch run and in the post season if we're able to finagle roster spots and put someone on the IL or whatever it was.
KT 90
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

That's what I originally thought, but that kid just seems so advanced. It could really help us in this stretch run and in the post season if we're able to finagle roster spots and put someone on the IL or whatever it was.
who would we take out of today's lineup to put Langford in? Leody had been struggling, but he's been better of late. Maybe rotate at DH?
rbtexan
S
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

I may be wrong but I think if he were called up now he would be ineligible for the post season. It used to be that you had to be on the roster by the end of August - maybe that's changed.
Jimbo Franchione
MrCoachEricTaylor
KT 90 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

who would we take out of today's lineup to put Langford in? Leody had been struggling, but he's been better of late. Maybe rotate at DH?

I wouldn't be opposed to rotating at DH.. I think he's a lefty and he can rotate with Garver as a righty. That would help simplify things so he can just focus on mashing.
MrCoachEricTaylor
rbtexan said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

I may be wrong but I think if he were called up now he would be ineligible for the post season. It used to be that you had to be on the roster by the end of August - maybe that's changed.

I think there's a loophole where if someone were to go on the IL long term that he could take their spot.. I think we talked about this with Carter
Baby Billy
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

KT 90 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

I wouldn't be opposed to rotating at DH.. I think he's a lefty and he can rotate with Garver as a righty. That would help simplify things so he can just focus on mashing.

He's right handed
rbtexan
S
Not sure who that IL person would be. Can't be Brad Miller. I think you're grasping, I don't see anyway he's on the playoff roster.

And quite frankly, if we're depending on a rookie who's never taken an AB at the major league level to help us in the playoffs, it's over before it starts. At least Carter has played nearly a month.
Jimbo Franchione
MrCoachEricTaylor
Baby Billy said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

KT 90 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

He's right handed

Damn, you're right.. idk why I was think he was left handed
MrCoachEricTaylor
rbtexan said:

Not sure who that IL person would be. Can't be Brad Miller. I think you're grasping, I don't see anyway he's on the playoff roster.

And quite frankly, if we're depending on a rookie who's never taken an AB at the major league level to help us in the playoffs, it's over before it starts. At least Carter has played nearly a month.

I probably am, just trying to think of a way to put the team in the best position to succeed and not be swept out of the playoffs.
Grapesoda2525
Just be extremely stoked and excited that we have Langford for the next 10+ years . The guy is going to be a freak at the next level probably. However, it depends on the guys we have now to make the playoffs and hopefully win some games in the postseason.
dvldog
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

rbtexan said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

I think there's a loophole where if someone were to go on the IL long term that he could take their spot.. I think we talked about this with Carter
Did anybody actually go on LTIR for Carter to be eligible for post-season? Or is he only available for the next 11 games to try and get us there (but then back to Jank/Grossman/Duran for postseason)?
rbtexan
S

Quote:

In a typical season, any player who is on the 40-man roster or 60-day injured list as of 11:59 p.m. ET on Aug. 31 is eligible for the postseason.
Those on the restricted list at that point are also eligible if they haven't been suspended for performance-enhancing drugs during that season. (All players who have served a suspension for PEDs in a given season are ineligible for postseason play that year.)
A player who doesn't meet said criteria for postseason eligibility can still be added to a team's roster in the postseason via petition to the Commissioner's Office if the player was in the organization on Aug. 31 and is replacing someone who is on the injured list and has served the minimum amount of time required for activation. (For example, a player on the 10-day injured list who has been on it for at least 10 days, or a player who has been on the 60-day injured list for at least 60 days.) Players who are acquired in September or after are ineligible.

Sounds like we'd have to petition the Commissioner's Office. Yeah, I'm sure they'd jump all over themselves to approve that....
Jimbo Franchione
dvldog
AG
Might have found the answer.

https://www.mlb.com/rangers/roster/transactions

09/16/23
Texas Rangers placed RHP Ian Kennedy on the 60-day injured list. Right rotator cuff strain.

Edit: disregard based on the above:
a player who has been on the 60-day injured list for at least 60 days
First Page Last Page
Page 585 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.