*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,395,611 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So can we go ahead call up Langford? 3-4 with a homer last night. Just hitting .447 with a 1.393 OPS in 11 games at Frisco.
gigem1223
Also Sborz started his rehab assignment, striking out 3 in a scoreless inning.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
fc2112 said:

Link?

You know, I started to go searching but I'll let you find it and make me eat my words.

I may or may not have posted my objection. I wasn't posting much then so who knows.
Double Talkin' Jive...
fc2112
Burden of proof falls on those who make the claim.

If you were one of the only soothsayers saying an unknown relief pitcher was a bad trade for a Cy Young winner, you'd sure like to crow about it - provided you can prove it.

I see a lot of people make that claim just because they want to complain about how the trade played out, not because they actually had an issue with the trade three years ago.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I didn't find anything from me regarding the Kluber trade per se but I did find a post from Aug 2019 where I mentioned Clase was going to be something special. So there is that.

I will say I had reservations about the Kluber trade because of his injury history the two season before, much like I had reservations about the deGrom signing. I also had reservations because, if I remember correctly, he was on a one-year deal (maybe an opt out after 2020 I can't remember.
deGrom had already given is more than Kluber, obviously.
Double Talkin' Jive...
gigem1223
Hedges and Smith in the lineup today. Going to need the top of the order to do work.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Hedges and Smith in the lineup today. Going to need the top of the order to do work.
Seemed like the team dominated the jays then blew off the rest of the road trip. Disappointing as hell.
Hair God
AG
Another solid start for Leiter last night. It seems like his change in his windup has helped him out quite a bit.

bmac_aggie18
AG
Hair God said:

Another solid start for Leiter last night. It seems like his change in his windup has helped him out quite a bit.

What did he do to his windup?
Hair God
AG
He used to take his hands over his head at the start of his windup and had a very jerky and non fluid motion like this:

He now keeps his hands at his belt and it looks like this:

Tksymm7
AG
He's absolutely headed in the right direction again, but his fastball still needs work. He misses high with his fastball too often still.
DallasAg 94
fc2112 said:

_lefraud_ said:

That Clase for Kluber trade looks great 3 years later

(For Cleveland)
Kinda interesting I don't recall anybody being against it. We all thought getting a Cy Young winner for a bullpen prospect was a hell of a deal.
Need a link?

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3065971/replies/55614804

Link will put you on the off-season thread at the time. Unfortunately, most of my comments are Deleted. I was deleting all my posts, specifically on Politics because Social Media posts from decades prior were being dug up. I think it was Mr. GigEm or someone else made comment about the value in being able to validate a position you had... like this one.

This count?!

Quote:

DallasAg 94 said:

One thing that will totally make me forget about the lack of FA signings... is going out and trading for Kluber and his $17.5M salary, and 7GS, 35.2 IP, and 5.80 ERA.

And not in a good way. It would appear JD is trying to boost salary just for the sake of keeping fans from revolting.

Goes back to my comment about how you spend.

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Yeah, but wbt liked the trade so we all liked it.
Double Talkin' Jive...
94chem
And Jose Ramirez shows us why Francona is about to lose his job.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
...and Taveras now checking his hat for answers to the question of why he is unable to run and catch at the same time.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AggieRob93
AG
Unraveling yet again.
AggieRob93
AG
Playing to be swept in yet another series when there is so much to play for.
Grapesoda2525
This guardians offense isn't good, but we are making them look like the 1927 Yankees.

Worst series of the year by far. Inexcusable.
Grapesoda2525
I think most fans could've accepted 1 out of 3 here after kicking Toronto's ass, but they have to come in here and totally crap the bed and ruin the entire road trip.

Come on home after getting swept and dominated by a team that can't hit, but put up 7+ runs a game on you. What a freaking disgrace.
PatriotAg02
AG
Team is way too inconsistent to be a factor in the postseason. May get in but that's gonna be the end of it.
Grapesoda2525
PatriotAg02 said:

Team is way too inconsistent to be a factor in the postseason. May get in but that's gonna be the end of it.
post season expectations performance wise are probably at an all time low. Most fans probably just want to see the team make the post season and get the team some playoff experience, but they are getting lots of help from other teams and just totally blowing it. Unbelievably frustrating and disappointing.

Grapesoda2525
Getting totally butt****ed
WestTexasAg
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Disagree. Postseason baseball rarely ever goes how you expect it to. Just find a way to get in and see what happens.

Maddening to think we pulled off a four game sweep at Toronto to go from 1.5 games behind the Jays to 2.5 up on them.......and we are about to give every bit of it back in three games. Thank goodness Houston and Seattle have been losing as well.
AggieRob93
AG
9 runs given up in the 4th?

Yeah, this team ain't doing nothing but warming up for the offseason. No way can you play as poorly as they did for pretty much 5 weeks late in the season, win 6 games straight including a sweep of a wildcard competitor, then go to your next stop and get swept by a middling club to pretty much lose grip again.

Not holding it against the Rangers, just frustrating to watch. Know they are ahead of schedule, but they also have invested a ton of finances in players over the past three seasons and traded away talent with potential in a win-now move which will not deliver.
Grapesoda2525
AggieRob93 said:

9 runs given up in the 4th?

Yeah, this team ain't doing nothing but warming up for the offseason. No way can you play as poorly as they did for pretty much 5 weeks late in the season, win 6 games straight including a sweep of a wildcard competitor, then go to your next stop and get swept by a middling club to pretty much lose grip again.

Not holding it against the Rangers, just frustrating to watch. Know they are ahead of schedule, but they also have invested a ton of finances in players over the past three seasons and traded away talent with potential in a win-now move which will not deliver.
The injury bug had its way with this team. If the team stayed healthy, the sky was the limit.

Losing Degrom, Scherzer, Eovaldi, Jung, Garcia, Garver, Heim, Seager at some point in the season for an extended period of time is a lot to over come.
fc2112
Washed car, did yard work, came in and flipped game on...

I look on the bright side - I don't have to cheer for the Texans in the sport that matters most.
94chem
fc2112 said:

Washed car, did yard work, came in and flipped game on...

I look on the bright side - I don't have to cheer for the Texans in the sport that matters most.

Lifelong Cowboys fan, but kill me now if pro football ever mattered most.
94chem,
Voice Of Reason 11
Literally had the division in our hands if we could just play average baseball. Thought we had turned a corner in Toronto but this team's inconsistency is baffling to me. I know we're ahead of schedule, but this the most infuriating way to end a season.
sburg2007
Just kill me now.
Hair God
AG
Do we see Langford in Arlington next year?

FTAco07
AG
Yes
fc2112
The adjective we're looking for is "meteoric"

fc2112
In case you haven't seen this freak.

JWinTX
Voice Of Reason 11 said:

Literally had the division in our hands if we could just play average baseball. Thought we had turned a corner in Toronto but this team's inconsistency is baffling to me. I know we're ahead of schedule, but this the most infuriating way to end a season.

If we can make the playoffs, even getting swept, would be an incredible year. So far ahead of schedule it's not even funny.
Grapesoda2525
JWinTX said:

Voice Of Reason 11 said:

If we can make the playoffs, even getting swept, would be an incredible year. So far ahead of schedule it's not even funny.
The bar was so freaking low after sweeping Toronto. The one thing they needed to do in Cleveland was not get swept and it freaking happened.

This team is 0-6 in the state of Ohio this year. What a horror show.
First Page Last Page
Page 577 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.