*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,394,600 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HELLO WIN COLUMN!!!!
DallasAg 94
Do we get full credit for this Win?!

It's Oakland, I know.
gigem1223
Question for the group. Is anyone able to watch the rangers on YouTube TV?
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

Question for the group. Is anyone able to watch the rangers on YouTube TV?
We have YouTube TV. They do not have Bally's ergo, I don't get to watch Rangers games.

Unless they are like Sunday Night Baseball, on FS1, ESPN, etc.
Hair God
AG
Sadly, no. You have to have DIRECTV or maybe Fubo
South Platte
You got to get the Fubo, bro.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

I'm not opposed to using Tandem rotations (for the playoffs).

Scherzer+Heaney
Montgomery+Dunning
Eovaldi+Perez

I might flip Heaney and Perez, because I think Eovaldi may have a shorter PC and you'll want someone to go a little longer. 8.0-9.p IP for the combined tandem?!

Could be an answer...
So, about that Tandem thingie...

9/05: Eovaldi (1.1) + Dunning (5.1) - Loss
9/09: Eovaldi (2.1) + Perez (2.2) - Win
9/10: Gray (2.2) + Heaney (3.2) - Win

I think Eovaldi will remain a Starter and go as far as he can, then plan of long-reliever (former SP) behind him.

Heaney's 80PC limit has kept him well below 5.1 in his last 5.

We have enough SPs to get 7.0 IP.
Proposition Joe
I didn't watch yesterday.

Or today.

So take this from the stance of "I dont care about this team anymore Im not watching just a random observation from someone who really totally certainly doesn't care anymore".

As much as I don't care for the Astros, I'd much rather them win the division at this point since we have no games left with them (and they've proven they will likely eat our lunch).

WC2 and WC3 are now 1 game and 0.5 game up on us, and we have 4 games left against WC2 and 7 games left against WC3.

As crap as we have played and as crap as we likely are going to continue to play... Playoffs are right there for the taking.

Would also love Tampa to pick up some games on Baltimore so the 6 games they have left against Toronto the last 10 days of the season they will actually bring their A-game.
Seven Costanza
AG
I haven't seen a single game this season, but Heaney's numbers are very solid for a 5th starter/spot starter.

Unrelated to that, if they can just tread water for the next two weeks, they should have a good shot going into the final weekend of the season.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Do we get full credit for this Win?!

It's Oakland, I know.
Win tomorrow and now we would have something to be moderately stoked about.
MASAXET
AG
On a lighter note, after a rough Saturday my family went to a carnival and my young daughter wanted me to join her in the bumper rides. I was behind the wheel and spotted a 5 year old kid with an Astros shirt. Needless to say, I made that kid's life hell for 5 minutes. No regrets, definitely took the edge off after a tough sports week.
South Platte
Seven Costanza said:

I haven't seen a single game this season, but Heaney's numbers are very solid for a 5th starter/spot starter.

Unrelated to that, if they can just tread water for the next two weeks, they should have a good shot going into the final weekend of the season.
WestTexasAg
AG
MASAXET said:

On a lighter note, after a rough Saturday my family went to a carnival and my young daughter wanted me to join her in the bumper rides. I was behind the wheel and spotted a 5 year old kid with an Astros shirt. Needless to say, I made that kid's life hell for 5 minutes. No regrets, definitely took the edge off after a tough sports week.
Well done!
Grapesoda2525
MASAXET said:

The Astros thread will probably over exaggerate it and say you're beating up children.
Panama Red
AG
MASAXET said:

That's pretty funny!
94chem
Sooo...how 'bout them Cowboys!
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DallasAg 94
Seven Costanza said:

Well... at 136.0 IP, if he gets another 14.0 IP, his #4 $13M salary becomes a #3/2 salary of $20M, so he better step up his game.

20G left, so he'll likely get 4 more appearance... plus playoffs?!
94chem
DallasAg 94 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Well... at 136.0 IP, if he gets another 14.0 IP, his #4 $13M salary becomes a #3/2 salary of $20M, so he better step up his game.

So a guy pitching with playoff race pressure has to also deal with a $7M monkey at the same time. Doesn't seem optimal.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AggieRob93
AG
MASAXET said:

You sure that wasn't one of the posters on the astros thread in that other bumper car?
Carlo4
AG
94chem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Seven Costanza said:

So a guy pitching with playoff race pressure has to also deal with a $7M monkey at the same time. Doesn't seem optimal.

Don't forget newborn twins. He's got money so I know he can get help… but still….
KT 90
AG
According to this, he has over $37M in career earnings, so I think he is going to be fine either way. If he's pinching pennies, he's got issues:

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/texas-rangers/andrew-heaney-15790/cash-earnings/

DallasAg 94
KT 90 said:

According to this, he has over $37M in career earnings, so I think he is going to be fine either way. If he's pinching pennies, he's got issues:

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/texas-rangers/andrew-heaney-15790/cash-earnings/

$37M doesn't go as far as it used to...
PatriotAg02
AG
Have to split this series at the very least. Can we do it?
PatAg
AG
Just have to find a way to make the playoffs, anything can happen after that. Last month has sucked all around
DallasAg 94
Dunning v Bassitt (29GS, 3.69 ERA, 173.1 IP, 158 SO)
Scherzer v Ryu (7GS, 2.65 ERA, 34.0 IP, 28 SO)
Montgomery v Kikuchi (28GS, 3.57 ERA, 148.2 IP, 160 SO)
Eovaldi v Gausman (28GS, 3.28 ERA, 167.1 IP, 217 SO)

Toronto has just finished up going 9-3 in series with:
Wash (2-1)
@Colo (2-1)
@Oak (2-1)
v KC (3-0)

Bassitt has been pretty lights-out his last 2 GS
Ryu was injured for most of the 1st H.
Kikuchi has been solid his last 2 GS
Gausman has been consistent.

I think they are ripe for reality.

Rangers go 3-1.
Proposition Joe
PatriotAg02 said:

Have to split this series at the very least. Can we do it?

Seattle slumping has changed the calculus a bit.

I view it as we have two chances... We need 3 of 4 in Toronto to realistically keep them Avenue #1 in play.

If we fail to do that, then it will come down to Avenue #2: winning 4 or 5 out of 7 vs Seattle.

The way I see it, if we just split with Toronto they come out of the series still a game and a half up on us, but we still have the Seattle gauntlet... so if we only take 3 or less vs Seattle then realistically we're not going to makeup the 1.5 we'd need vs Toronto.

But ultimately if we wind up just getting 1 or even 0 in Toronto we're not dead yet if Seattle can't put away the LA teams it would still setup for those last 7 vs Seattle likely deciding WC3.
Proposition Joe
12-8 in the final 20 I think gets it done.
Daveintx
It all starts anew tonight..... Take care of business, and even after everything you've done this past month, you can still pull off something special...

Tank in the next 4, and it's over
Grapesoda2525
Daveintx said:

It all starts anew tonight..... Take care of business, and even after everything you've done this past month, you can still pull off something special...

Tank in the next 4, and it's over
Really hoping for 3/4. It's about time we start taking care of business. Losing and saying "at least the mariners / Astros lost" won't cut it anymore.
Mr Gigem
AG
I told my team that if we sweep I shave my head
Proposition Joe
I fully expect to be posting later this week "we're still not dead yet, it all comes down to the 7 with Seattle".
WestTexasAg
AG
If this team can somehow at least get a split in this series, and then get Adolis and Jung back in the next week or so (or at least one of them), we might just have a run left in us.

Meanwhile we roll with Josh Smith.....
Grapesoda2525
Proposition Joe said:

I fully expect to be posting later this week "we're still not dead yet, it all comes down to the 7 with Seattle".
I definitely won't be the one posting that.

I personally think they have to show some fight and get some tangible results or it's over. If we go in flat and get pushed around…. This thing ain't coming back. This is our biggest competitor for the last wild card spot and they pretty much have been fighting for WC3 all year long knowing the rays and orioles are way ahead of them.

It's a good litmus test for both teams. Lets see what we got in the tank.
Proposition Joe
I think some people may have missed that Seattle has fallen into WC3 -- Toronto is WC2 by a game right now.

With 7 left vs Seattle (including 3 at home), the Mariners are statistically our best shot to beat out.

But yes, I'd feel real good about our chances if we can take 3 of 4 vs Toronto and put is in great spot for WC3 and a shot at WC2.
Grapesoda2525
Proposition Joe said:

I think some people may have missed that Seattle has fallen into WC3 -- Toronto is WC2 by a game right now.

With 7 left vs Seattle (including 3 at home), the Mariners are statistically our best shot to beat out.

But yes, I'd feel real good about our chances if we can take 3 of 4 vs Toronto and put is in great spot for WC3 and a shot at WC2.
I know the first goal is just getting in, but WC2 looks a lot more appealing than WC3.

I think we would have our best chance against the Rays / orioles side of the bracket than the twins / Astros side.
First Page Last Page
Page 559 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.