*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,394,441 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggieRob93 said:

Can Chapman win it or will he lose the lead? Based on recent results, yikes....
Technically, he can't Win it. A Save? Sure.
Grapesoda2525
AggieRob93 said:

Good job Rangers, it's a start.
Don't celebrate it too much. The lineup fell assed backwards into producing the last run. They only produced 3 total.
DallasAg 94
Great.

Let's put an asterisk by this game and note:

*This game wasn't won by Grape's standards.
AggieEP
I'm usually on the side that grape is a troll, but last night wasn't exactly a statement win. Very lucky the A's walked 7 overall and they walked 3 straight to load the bases and then threw a wild pitch to bring in the winning run.

Against the worst team in baseball, we pounded out 5 singles.

We had 2 at bats with the bases loaded and Bochy went with Austin Hedges and Jonathan Ornelas in those situations.

A win is a win and if we can get some momentum going off of this win that would be great, but it wasn't exactly an inspiring performance.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
AggieEP said:

I'm usually on the side that grape is a troll, but last night wasn't exactly a statement win. Very lucky the A's walked 7 overall and they walked 3 straight to load the bases and then threw a wild pitch to bring in the winning run.

We had 2 at bats with the bases loaded and Bochy went with Austin Hedges and Jonathan Ornelas in those situations.

A win is a win and if we can get some momentum going off of this win that would be great, but it wasn't exactly an inspiring performance.

Fact check: the A's are now the SECOND worst team in baseball. Give the team some credit.
Double Talkin' Jive...
agent-maroon
AG
Fuzzy keepin it real yo
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieEP
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

AggieEP said:

Fact check: the A's are now the SECOND worst team in baseball. Give the team some credit.
Lol, I had to go check the standings, the Royals have really come on in the second half to overtake the A's for worst record, but looking at run differential, I still hold strong that this A's team is historically bad while the Royals are just normal bad. If they can get another -50 on that differential they could even set the modern record for worst run differential in history, beating out the 1932 Boston Red Sox.

The A's have the worst team BA this year at .225 and they've scored the fewest runs in the majors by a pretty wide margin. (Oddly, the four teams directly in front of them in runs scored are from the AL Central, what a wretched division that has been this year)

Then they have the second worst ERA in the majors, ahead of only the Colorado Rockies, and that's despite the huge gulf in park effect between Coors (the best place to hit in the majors) and the Coliseum that is the 27th best place to hit in the majors.

Hopefully today is the day that the bats wakeup and pound the crap out of these guys to get the good vibes flowing for the next couple of weeks. The bullpen is a huge problem, but if you can score 8+ runs a game, you don't need a good bullpen in order to win more than you lose.
Danny Vermin
I think its coming down to us and the Mariners for the last spot. They have really cooled off and we have seven games with them to make up ground.
aggietony2010
AG
Put up some runs in the first. Let's see if we can actually keep it going.
94chem
Ragans with 5 scoreless against Toronto today...
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Legal Custodian
AG
94chem said:

Coming in clutch for the Rangers
94chem
Legal Custodian said:

94chem said:

Right on cue, he wild pitches 2 runs home.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
And once again, this pathetic staff refuses to challenge hitters and makes things immeasurably worse.
94chem,
WestTexasAg
AG
Is it too much to ask to have ONE easy game? Same pattern for like a MONTH now. Get a few early runs, fail to add on, other team comes back to tie it up or take the lead.
WestTexasAg
AG
94chem said:

Legal Custodian said:

94chem said:

Said on radio he was cruising along, walked two guys and then THREE consecutive wild pitches.
94chem
2 walks score. Bases empty, 2 out, and he just decides to start walking people. If you walk back to back hitters, you're out. If you walk a guy with the tying run in the on deck circle, you're out. If you wanna play in the big leagues, throw it over the plate. If they knock the he'll out of it, take your money and finish your degree. Ain't that hard to figure out.
94chem,
JWinTX
WestTexasAg said:

Is it too much to ask to have ONE easy game? Same pattern for like a MONTH now. Get a few early runs, fail to add on, other team comes back to tie it up or take the lead.

You don't just get easy games with a stellar opponent like Oakland.
aggietony2010
AG
And now only good for his glove Josh Smith commits an error.
AggieRob93
AG
Pitching once again failing, Gray can't even get out of the 3rd inning by giving up 3 runs. So bad, so pathetic, playing like the worst team in baseball over the past month.

And right on cue, Smith muffs a routine ground ball, giving up a run and the lead, and now Heaney hits a batter.

Such terrible baseball.
94chem
Smith's last 3 chances have been a bare-handed stop on a routine 2 hopper, a wild throw to first on a routine grounder, and a whiff of a ball right at him. Good to know he's an elite defender. Otherwise I'd be concerned about the .180 average.
94chem,
WestTexasAg
AG
Can anyone give me ANY reason Josh Smith continues to be in the lineup over Duran? For that mattter, how the hell is he even on the roster??
94chem
WestTexasAg said:

Can anyone give me ANY reason Josh Smith continues to be in the lineup over Duran? For that mattter, how the hell is he even on the roster??

He's an elite defender! How stupid are you!?!
94chem,
WestTexasAg
AG
94chem said:

WestTexasAg said:

He's an elite defender! How stupid are you!?!

Oh yeah. My bad.
DallasAg 94
WestTexasAg said:

94chem said:

Legal Custodian said:

94chem said:

Said on radio he was cruising along, walked two guys and then THREE consecutive wild pitches.
You can take the P out of the Rangers organization, but you can't take the... oh nevermind.
Hair God
AG
Here's the sequence of pitches if nobody has seen yet…

DallasAg 94
Yowzers... that looks terrible. I'm assuming it wasn't raining?!
Mr Gigem
AG
That looked intentional
fc2112
Hair God said:

Here's the sequence of pitches if nobody has seen yet…

fc2112
Lowe!
DallasAg 94
Looked like someone with shoes too big, or a muddy landing.
94chem
Smith finally got one over the OF. He's had some bad luck the past few games.
94chem,
bert harbinson
AG
Bats wake up suddenly.
PatriotAg02
AG
I see a pulse!
94chem
LHB hitting .000 on LeClerc's slider...so he walks a lefty on 5 pitches without throwing a single slider to load the bases.
94chem,
94chem
And he gets out of it. Guys just have to throw more competitive pitches when they're up in the count. I'm not bothered by giving up an 0-2 hit every so often. For every one of those they get, you save pitches and get more guys out by attacking.
94chem,
First Page Last Page
Page 558 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.