*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,394,337 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
AggieRob93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wonder what it is about Maddux that had both Scherzer and Montgomery talk about his being here as a factor on them approving their respective trades to the Rangers?
DeangeloVickers
AG
Proposition Joe
Ian Kennedy is the perfect guy for this team. 15 years in the league and consistently just good enough to make a roster but consistently just bad enough to never stick anywhere.

An average of +0.75 WAR a season.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Langaliers killed that foul ball
Proposition Joe
AggieRob93 said:

Wonder what it is about Maddux that had both Scherzer and Montgomery talk about his being here as a factor on them approving their respective trades to the Rangers?

By all accounts he's a super nice, fun dude.

I'm not really sure a guy like Scherzer -- who is noted for not listening to anyone and just wants the ball and to do his thing -- wanting to go where Maddux is necessarily says he's a positive from a production standpoint.

But mainly it's player-speak. It's rare players ever say anything but praise about their coaches.

Every player lauded Rudy Jaramillo as a hitting coach. Yet year after year after year the Rangers average on the road was near the worst in the league with next-to-no situational hitting ability.

It's 99% on the player and maybe 1% on the coach, but the number of arms on this team that have gone out there and looked downright lost is alarming. Not one of them seems to have a good plan of attack, and not one of them seems to be able to bounce back from adversity.
AggieRob93
AG
Rangers will be 4-16 over the last 20 games after tonight.
22 games will be remaining, and at the rate they are going, will finish right at or just under .500, but will be well out of the wild card.
No excuse for this, and it starts with Bochy and staff. They have done a piss poor job of managing, coaching, and strategizing.

Gotta get a new manager in. I have no idea who, but this product on the field is awful.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Ugh that was ball 4
Proposition Joe
Evan Carter has been hosed on like 3 at-bats.
JWinTX
The long slow drop to below .500 gets closer and closer. Unreal…
gigem1223
Evan Carter with a great AB followed by the patented double play ball. This team can not string together ANYTHING
94chem
Even if it's 0% Bochy's fault, you can't bring him back if that happens.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Proposition Joe
I don't think it will matter if we want Bochy back or not. I think he re-retires after this.
PatriotAg02
AG
Blame bochy all you want but at some point the players have to play better. He's not playing.
Proposition Joe
Blame to go around everywhere. But if you lose 16 out of 20 then you haven't made any of the right moves.
Mr Gigem
AG
Most epic collapse of all time. Completely inexcusable
The Brazos Kid
If you can't perform against the hapless A's, then it's time to hang it up.

So disappointing.
Proposition Joe
Mind you on both ends of this losing streak we've had:

A player in extra innings turn around to watch a play at the plate, resulting in a double play that was the biggest factor in the loss.

and

A player in the first inning forget there was a runner on 2nd base, resulting in a run.

To me that's a big red flag that players aren't wholly prepared to be out there.
JWinTX
Mr Gigem said:

Most epic collapse of all time. Completely inexcusable

I mean, how do you go from 72-48 and being a couple games out of the top spot in the AL to very probably fighting to finish .500?

So very frustrating…and so very Ranger
South Platte
The team apparently just wasn't that good. The first 5 months were a nice surprise, but player to player, pitcher to pitcher, we are a very average team.

Jung is a nice start. We heed 4-5 more minor leaguers to take a huge step up next year. Leiter needs to be in the majors in 2024 and we need to add starting pitching and bullpen.

I think we should put Montgomery on waivers now and see what we can get for him. He's UFA in 2024 and has proven he can't win a game or protect a lead.
94chem
This Oakland team as of right now is significantly better than the Mets team we took the series from. NYM looked completely hapless and still won a game. This is the worst team in baseball. Seager must know how Mike Trout feels every season.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Proposition Joe
I'm fine rolling Montgomery out there every 5th day. At worst he is a backend rotation guy.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I need a shot. Good lord.
PatriotAg02
AG
We're throwing the division/playoffs. It's pretty damn obvious.
South Platte
We were all on board. CY hopefully learned a lesson on how to gauge your team at the trade deadline. Looking back he shouldn't have made any moves. Now we have middling scherzer and Montgomery, a total disaster in Chapman, and sent a few of our better prospects out the door. He has to be able to recognize what a championship team looks like and avoid chasing when the team isn't there.
DallasAg 94
South Platte said:

I think we should put Montgomery on waivers now and see what we can get for him. He's UFA in 2024 and has proven he can't win a game or protect a lead.
That's not how it works.

If someone picks him up, he'll go to that team for the cost of the remaining portion of what he is owed.

That's it. There is no value to us, only savings.
South Platte
DallasAg 94 said:

South Platte said:

That's not how it works.

If someone picks him up, he'll go to that team for the cost of the remaining portion of what he is owed.

That's it. There is no value to us, only savings.

So we save a few bucks. I guess the new rule doesn't allow for post trade deadline trades anymore.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
At least football / hockey season is coming up and we can all go outside again for the first time in about 4 months.
WestTexasAg
AG
This team has been amazing at scoring 2 or 3 runs early in games, and then just basically calling it a night after that.
FTAG 2000
AG
It's incredible. How do you build two thirds of a team and just ****ing mail it in on the pen?

Idiots.
fc2112
I try to look on the bright side.

I'm gonna save a ton of $ on post season tickets.
JWinTX
Did some research…in 2016, the San Francisco Giants had the best record in the NL at 57-33 on July 10th. By the time they got to September 28th, they were 83-75. They did make the WC game and did win it before losing to the eventual champions, the Cubs. But that team went 26-42 in that stretch. Quite the fall from Grace.

Their manager was Bruce Bochy.
vander54
S
Another multi-HR game for our pitching staff.

So ****ing strange.
World's worst proofreader
94chem
We thought we were getting Joe Torre, but it was really Gene Chizik.
94chem,
AggieKatie2
AG
Fire Bochy or send him on vacation the rest of season and let someone else finish it out.
First Page Last Page
Page 556 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.