*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,380,036 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bert harbinson said:

Way to go Joey

At least we aren't the only ones with base running blunders...
Proposition Joe
Wow bonehead Gallo.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I might have to cut your K'ing ass out after the game. That may be the most boneheaded mlb play i've ever seen. Most baserunning mistakes have some sort of honest angle. That one is a straight up tee ball mistake
Tksymm7
AG
Proposition Joe said:

And Janikowski not bunting makes zero sense IMO.

He is not hitting for average.

He has no real homerun threat.

One thing he does very well is run, which puts pressure on the fielders to make a decision.
True, but bunting 103 is MUCH easier said than done. The odds of getting a bunt down off of that with run and sink is minuscule imo.
gigem1223
Neither one of these teams want to win.

Great job by Sborz
DallasAg 94
Is Joey "one of ours?!"
gigem1223
We need to plate multiple runs here. No idea who you bring out for the 12th to close it.
KT 90
AG
fc2112 said:

Yeah, blue has been terrible, but both ways.

Somebody needs to post the umpire scorecard once it is available. Ought to be pretty bad overall. When you have batters from both teams literally screaming at some of your horrific calls, you know you are having a bad day.
94chem
Proposition Joe said:

Wow bonehead Gallo.

Made Duran look like Rickey Henderson.
Coppell97
AG
Even the former Rangers still have the Ranger in them to become sleeper agents on other teams.
Mr Gigem
AG
gigem1223 said:

We need to plate multiple runs here. No idea who you bring out for the 12th to close it.

Good question. Sborz has looked fine. Not sure I trust him for a third inning, but I also don't trust anyone else in the pen. Who's left? Anderson, Burke?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
gigem1223 said:

Top of the order, Taveras(speed) on 2nd. No excuses now.
94chem
DannyDuberstein said:

I might have to cut your K'ing ass out after the game. That may be the most boneheaded mlb play i've ever seen. Most baserunning mistakes have some sort of honest angle. That one is a straight up tee ball mistake

We tagged him, but that was a clean double off. He wasn't even bluffing a move.
Coppell97
AG
Could roll dice with Hernandez.
Proposition Joe
Tksymm7 said:

Proposition Joe said:

And Janikowski not bunting makes zero sense IMO.

He is not hitting for average.

He has no real homerun threat.

One thing he does very well is run, which puts pressure on the fielders to make a decision.
True, but bunting 103 is MUCH easier said than done. The odds of getting a bunt down off of that with run and sink is minuscule imo.

Eh... Bunting really isn't that hard -- players just don't practice it anymore. Guy like Janikowski should certainly be capable though.

Now, I wouldn't want to try and bunt a fireballer with 2 strikes, but sticking a bat in front of a ball to get it down really isn't that tough.

Now, they may rotate around and field it cleanly and get Lowe by 10 feet, but you aren't really that worse off if that happens.

Travis is hitting 0.170 this month. Make them make a play to get you out.
Mr Gigem
AG
Coppell97 said:

Could roll dice with Hernandez.

Ah, forgot he was recalled.
KT 90
AG
Mr Gigem said:

gigem1223 said:

Good question. Sborz has looked fine. Not sure I trust him for a third inning, but I also don't trust anyone else in the pen. Who's left? Anderson, Burke?

Anderson is back at AAA.

We have J. Hernandexz, Burke, and Perez left in the pen (other than SP's).

DannyDuberstein
AG
94chem said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, no idea how he got so far off that fast. I thought he was just sleeping on getting back
Proposition Joe
94chem said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I don't think it was a double off (unless we saw a different view)?

My assumption is Gallo was trying to be shrewd and tag up with Lowe almost falling over the railing but Lowe recovered a lot quicker than he thought and he was too slow to get back.

If he was going on contact he would have been at 3rd already when Lowe caught it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Did Gallo maybe tag at some point and try to fake going and just go too far? I never saw them show the whole sequence. Seager tagged him like it wasn't a force back to second.
aggiefan09
AG
Semien with the 380 ft bunt.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Finally!
Tksymm7
AG
Bingo. Players don't practice it anymore, or not NEARLY what they use to.
fc2112
Wow - why not walk Seager here?
DallasAg 94
KT 90 said:

Mr Gigem said:

gigem1223 said:

Anderson is back at AAA.

We have J. Hernandexz, Burke, and Perez left in the pen (other than SP's).

Burke warming.
gigem1223
Finally plated a damn run
Proposition Joe
Quincey P. Morris said:

Did Gallo maybe tag at some point and try to fake going and just go too far? I never saw them show the whole sequence. Seager tagged him like it wasn't a force back to second.

That's my assumption. He was trying to be a heads up baserunner and get to 3rd if Lowe fell over the railing -- but he wasn't smart enough to understand risk/reward there.
PatriotAg02
AG
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN SOMEBODY IN THE PEN GET 3 OUTS BEFORE THEY CAN SCORE A RUN?!?!?!
Proposition Joe
Tksymm7 said:

Bingo. Players don't practice it anymore, or not NEARLY what they use to.

Yeah, though to be honest bunting 103 really isn't that difficult... as long as you can come to grips that if he lets one fly high and tight you could lose your eyesight.
gigem1223
PatriotAg02 said:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN SOMEBODY IN THE PEN GET 3 OUTS BEFORE THEY CAN SCORE A RUN?!?!?!

Sborz just did 2x
GreasenUSA
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

That's my assumption. He was trying to be a heads up baserunner and get to 3rd if Lowe fell over the railing -- but he wasn't smart enough to understand risk/reward there.
Yeah, Gallo must have faked a tag, because we tagged him for the out instead of just stepping on 2nd base.
PatriotAg02
AG
gigem1223 said:

PatriotAg02 said:

Sborz just did 2x

Well we switched, so
Baby Billy
AG
Wait, why the **** did we take Sborz out?
gigem1223
Bizarro Jerry said:

Wait, why the **** did we take Sborz out?

Asking a lot for a bullpen pitcher to go 3
DannyDuberstein
AG
Missed call but they ****ed the ump up
First Page Last Page
Page 502 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.