*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,379,795 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
ryanhnc10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tksymm7 said:

AggieRob93 said:

Montgomery did the pen no favors loading the bases with one out, but this bullpen is an immense failure, as is the management of it.
Agree here. That situation is 95% on Montgomery. Sure, Stratton threw a low cement mixer, but you can't load the bases like that up five.

Strongly disagree. Montgomery pitched awesome and didn't deserve 3 runs on his line. Bullpen is ass and Bochy has no idea who to go to. Montgomery wouldn't have given up 4 if they left him in
gigem1223
Now blue wants to tighten up the zone
Tksymm7
AG
The way Montgomery finished the game he could've walked in all four of those runs. The bullpen is garbage overall though and Bochy absolutely has no idea who to put out there because they've all let him down more than once.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

Damn there for a minute I was thinking we might see something special today. Montgomery has been so damn good. Need to find a way to get him signed.

Currently sporting 1.5 ERA as a Texas Ranger
I've really liked Montgomery's approach with the Rangers. He has earned $20M (Career total) and was on a 1yr with STL for $10M in 2023. I'm wondering if 3yr/$45M?! He is a Boras guy, so who knows. Usually Boras likes a guy to be a FA at 32, so he can sign a 4-5yr deal. He'll likely push for a 4yr deal and an option/vesting 5th year.

He has gone 157.1 iP ('21), 178.1 ('22), and already at 152.0 ('23. Including today). So, durability is good and he hasn't been an injury guy. That will likely get him near $20M.

The concern is how you fit him in.

Scherzer ('24)
Heaney ('24. #13M becomes $20M if 150IP)
Eovaldi ('24, vesting option '25)
Gray ('24, and '25)
Dunning (3 yrs Arb control)

deGrom

Otto, White, Bradford, others

I've said this before, I'd like to see the Rangers move Heaney. Maybe Gray. Pay the $7M difference if he reaches 150IP and move him to Tampa.

If you can sign Montgomery, you can move both Heaney and Gray.

You'd also be ok cycling Otto (27), White (23), and Bradford (25) as your #5. They are all 3 on the 40.
94chem
Stratton setting up the dong.
Mr Gigem
AG
We must not have been watching the same game. Monty was getting hit hard in the 6th, even on the one out he got. Pitch count was out of control by the point so was probably the right call to pull him.
94chem
Our pitching staff is dealing flubber.
Hungry Ojos
We need at least three more to get through the ninth and still have a chance.
gigem1223
For ****s sake blue. That wasn't even close!
Mr Gigem
AG
WTF blue
beagle2009
AG
gigem1223 said:

For ****s sake blue. That wasn't even close!

Count should be 2-1
Grapesoda2525
Can we please hold on for once, get the split, and get the hell out of here with some confidence after winning 2 in a row?

Just get 6 outs bullpen.
Proposition Joe
Mr Gigem said:

We must not have been watching the same game. Monty was getting hit hard in the 6th, even on the one out he got. Pitch count was out of control by the point so was probably the right call to pull him.

Yeah, I'm not on "OMG BOCHY 3 WS TITLES HE CANT BE QUESTIONED" bus, but there's only so much the guy can do when all of your bullpen options are unreliable.
fc2112
94chem
Time to break LeClerc. Best arm in the pen the past month, and gets greeted with a first pitch rocket, and then decides to walk the next guy.
Tksymm7
AG
Here comes that L fellas.
94chem
But let's be fair. The offense had plenty of chances to add on, and Duran is the absolute goat (not the same as GOAT, kids) right now.
Proposition Joe
Big 1st out
ryanhnc10
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Mr Gigem said:

Yeah, I'm not on "OMG BOCHY 3 WS TITLES HE CANT BE QUESTIONED" bus, but there's only so much the guy can do when all of your bullpen options are unreliable.

Which is exactly why he should have left Montgomery in. I trust Montgomery more than anyone in the bullpen even as he is tiring - at least leave him in until he gives up a run.

I don't understand why Bochy immediately pulls a starter any time they are slightly in trouble, especially when the entire bullpen is garbage
PatriotAg02
AG
Haha anyone else just have their hopes sink when they showed Smith and Sborz in the pen?
Mr Gigem
AG
Will Smith warming up

That's ballgame if he comes in
ryanhnc10
AG
Mr Gigem said:

We must not have because the bullpen guy came in and gave up a grand slam - did you catch that part?
94chem
Monty Burns making a move.
AggieRob93
AG
Proof that Bochy does not want the postseason by bringing Smith in.
fc2112
Tksymm7 said:

Here comes that L fellas.

94chem
PatriotAg02 said:

Haha anyone else just have their hopes sink when they showed Smith and Sborz in the pen?

That feeling I'd get when I'd see the red pots with torches.
Baby Billy
AG
Here comes Smith….
Jimtim1216
S
Bizarro Jerry said:

Here comes Smith….

Wow, just wow.
94chem
Bizarro Jerry said:

Here comes Smith….

Call your pitch.
Mr Gigem
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

Mr Gigem said:

We must not have because the bullpen guy came in and gave up a grand slam - did you catch that part?

What's funny is you would still be *****ing if Monty was left in and he was the one that gave up the grand slam
bmac_aggie18
AG
Think we all know how Mr GigEm feels about Smith
Mr Gigem
AG
I can't watch this. I might punch a hole through my TV
Coppell97
AG
Leave smith in right ?
KT 90
AG
Exhale everyone... Will Smith with the K to get out of the inning.
Proposition Joe
Would love to tack on 9 here.
First Page Last Page
Page 498 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.