*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,379,298 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

What y'all drinkin now?

Gin and soda
South Platte
Danny Vermin said:

It feels like they may not win another game.

It really does. It's so unique to baseball. If you lose 6 in a row in any other sport it's because your team sucks. We've been in 1st wire to wire. Our team is talented. We have a HOF manager, pitching coach too. But we simply can't get out of this losing streak. It bothers me mentally. My brain hurts. I can't imagine what it feels like for Will Smith. Cheese and rice ……

This is why we got Sherz and Monty. It's time to start winning games.
PatriotAg02
AG
I guess the bright side is that it was a good thing we had a great first 3/4 of the season to even put us in the position to make the playoffs in the final month.
Grapesoda2525
Got totally prison raped by the Twinkies. They made us their little red headed stepchild. Just totally beating the **** out of us all night.

What is wrong with this damn team? There has to be something we don't know.

Twinkies are averaging 9.5 runs a game this series. I can't believe my eyes. Their offense scares nobody.
Grapesoda2525
Never in a million years did I think that the Brewers and Twinkies lineups would give us nearly as much trouble as they have.

It's like this team has an infection that started in the bullpen, spread to the hitting, now it's infected the starting pitching. Everything is rotting right now.
Grapesoda2525
From Scott Lucas:

Jonah Heim's batted ball data before and after the injury:
Contact rate: 79% before, 65% after
Hard-hit rate: 38%, 25%
Median Exit Velo: 92.2, 83.6
90th Percentile Exit Velo: 104.1, 101.1

Please get the surgery already.
94chem
So...just got back from the Barbie movie. Looks like the Rangers and Barbie ended the night at the same place...
Grapesoda2525
94chem said:

So...just got back from the Barbie movie. Looks like the Rangers and Barbie ended the night at the same place...
At least you saw something entertaining. All ranger fans got tonight was torture.
CampingAg
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Bizarro Jerry said:

This team has quit

They're snakebite, but it's idiotic to say they've quit.

I love comments like this. They think team who is STILL in first place, and nine days ago had won 9 of 10 is all of a sudden like "yeah I give up. I don't wanna play anymore."
Tksymm7
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

I guess the bright side is that it was a good thing we had a great first 3/4 of the season to even put us in the position to make the playoffs in the final month.
This is the mindset I've started to adopt the last week+. This is the best Rangers season we've had in seven years, and I appreciate us even being competitive on a nightly basis. I'll still be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs, but seeing this team right now I am pleased we are even in this spot.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Mariners tied for 1st with win over KC. 5 games left in an easy homestand (KC and OAK).
alvtimes
gotta start wondering if one of the new pieces has messed up the chemistry…..Im at a loss.
Grapesoda2525
Super Aggie 64 said:

Mariners tied for 1st with win over KC. 5 games left in an easy homestand (KC and OAK).
Need to salvage at least 1 against the Twinkies and win the series against a Mets team that has long since given up.

Then we might be only 1 behind Seattle or even with them.
Coppell97
AG
alvtimes said:

gotta start wondering if one of the new pieces has messed up the chemistry…..Im at a loss.
I think the Heim and Jung injuries have really hurt us offensively. And not having Jung's defense hurts us too. Bullpen is what it is. Smith and Sborz are going through a real rough spell that has burned us a number of times on this stretch. Now maybe the starters feel the need to be perfect. It's affected them too.
Coppell97
AG
Winning cures all. Just need to go out and win the next one. Will take the monkey off the back. It all starts with one win.
Grapesoda2525
Coppell97 said:

alvtimes said:

I think the Heim and Jung injuries have really hurt us offensively. And not having Jung's defense hurts us too. Bullpen is what it is. Smith and Sborz are going through a real rough spell that has burned us a number of times on this stretch. Now maybe the starters feel the need to be perfect. It's affected them too.
Montgomery pretty much was perfect in his last start and we still lost.
MrCoachEricTaylor
alvtimes said:

It really isn't that complicated. It's as simple as some of our best players being injured, guys hitting some pretty putrid slumps, and guys being incredibly unlucky.

For as bad as last night was, there were quite a few balls that were hit extremely hard for line outs. There were some bad swings in ABs from semien and Hedges, but the offense seems close to breaking out.
agent-maroon
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

alvtimes said:

For as bad as last night was, there were quite a few balls that were hit extremely hard for line outs.
Feels like that could be the game summary for the last week
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MrCoachEricTaylor
agent-maroon said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

alvtimes said:

For as bad as last night was, there were quite a few balls that were hit extremely hard for line outs.
Feels like that could be the game summary for the last week

Yeah, that's no lie.. unfortunately that's baseball sometimes. It makes me think back to this past aggie baseball season. Bost had about the most unlucky season even in all of NCAA Baseball. He consistently ranked in the top 10 of expected offensive statistics and exit velo, but hit .226 for the season.
PatriotAg02
AG
MLB said "not this year, Rangers".
Flounder Dorfman
AG
In the words of Mike Ryhner…

"This team sucks."
Coppell97
AG
Mr Gigem
AG
I hereby declare no baseball talk today in honor of the start of college football
agent-maroon
AG
Mr Gigem said:

I hereby declare no baseball talk today in honor of the start of college football

With all due respect good sir, given the full NCAAF TV schedule shown and the teams that are competing today, I cannot honor this declaration.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem is a closet Golden Domer.

ND Sucks.
agent-maroon
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

ND Sucks.
ND was the very reason for my rejection. I hope they never win another game in any sport they play.

INCLUDING BASEBALL!!!!
MrCoachEricTaylor
DallasAg 94 said:

ND Sucks.

Ew
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

ND Sucks.

I almost went to the Naval Academy
Grapesoda2525
Is today the big day for the rangers?
MrCoachEricTaylor
Grapesoda2525 said:

Is today the big day for the rangers?

Coppell97
AG
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm just ready for our guys to break out of this.
NateDog
AG
Mr Gigem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

ND Sucks.

I almost went to the Naval Academy
I minored in Navel Gazing.
NateDog
AG
Mariners up 11-1. If the Rangers don't snap out of it, this will be their last night in first place.

But it won't be the Astros that did it which makes me LOL.
J.P. 03
AG
Alright, I can feel it. Tonight's the night the losing streak ends. Bats are gonna wake up. Scherzer's gonna mow down Twins left and right, then punch Bochy in the face when he tries to go to the bullpen to start the 8th. That gesture will inspire 5 more insurance runs in the top of the 9th, and not even Will Smith will be able to lose that lead.

Who's with me?!?

First Page Last Page
Page 491 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.