*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,375,935 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
bmac_aggie18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Bizarro Jerry said:

In fairness, he did put in our best guy.
And lots of people on here have been begging for Chapman to be inserted as the Closer.

I imagine we still stick with him since Will Smith has gone full "Dyson" or "Leclerc"
DallasAg 94
I think we'll be "by committee" and you will start seeing SPs more insistent on remaining in the game.

There is a story out there that Bochy tells about Bumgarner in the WS. He pitched a CG in G5 of the WS and told Boch if he wanted to win, he needed to pitch him again. He came in G7 and pitched 5 scoreless innings.
CampingAg
AG
Seager injury - bounced back
DeGrom injury - bounced back
Terrible stretch before ASB - bounced back
HOU pulls "even" in the standings for several hours - bounced back
HOU wins the first two of the series and has an early lead in game 3 going for the sweep - bounced back

I'm not sure what will happen the rest of the way, but the boys have some grit. PUSH RANGERS.
MrCoachEricTaylor
CampingAg said:

HOU wins the first two of the series and has an early lead in game 3 going for the sweep - bounced back

I'm not sure what will happen the rest of the way, but the boys have some grit. PUSH RANGERS.

This…

This is a different team than years past. Nobody is here from our last playoff appearance or seasons we've choked it away. Just because it's happened before, doesn't mean it will happen now.
Proposition Joe
Little doubt that right now is just a hitting slump.

Yes, Taveras/Duran/Janikowski and even Heim could not be expected to continue the rate they were hitting at.

But they also aren't 0.115 hitters.

So we're gonna have some bounce back -- but to be fair the pitching (aside from Scherzer and Heaney's last outing) has been nails the last month so probably an expectation that will regress a bit.

Going to be an interesting race.
Mr Gigem
AG
Welp, I'll be getting an MRI on my elbow due to pain and inflammation. Bullpen takes another hit
MSFC Aggie
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Welp, I'll be getting an MRI on my elbow due to pain and inflammation. Bullpen takes another hit
take Smith with you?
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem said:

1st report will be fine, then you'll miss a start... then another... next think you know, TJ.
South Platte
Mr Gigem said:

Did you karate chop a wall last night?
fc2112
Mr Gigem said:

It got wore out cashing all the big checks from me.
rbtexan
S
I'm having surgery on Sept 7th, so I'll be out for the rest of the season and playoffs. Hope I don't get DFA'd.
Jimbo Franchione
JWinTX
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

CampingAg said:

This…

This is a different team than years past. Nobody is here from our last playoff appearance or seasons we've choked it away. Just because it's happened before, doesn't mean it will happen now.

I agree. Totally different team. They're just playing in a pennant race for the first time in most cases. That's a lot to learn from…it almost always takes teams a while to get over the hump during a pennant race…
KT 90
AG

PatriotAg02
AG
For the love of God can we please get a cushion early to take some pressure off this team? We play better when we have a decent lead.
bmac_aggie18
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

For the love of God can we please get a cushion early to take some pressure off this team? We play better when we have a decent lead.

We're usually winning when we have a decent lead too
gigem1223
JWinTX said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

CampingAg said:

This…

I agree. Totally different team. They're just playing in a pennant race for the first time in most cases. That's a lot to learn from…it almost always takes teams a while to get over the hump during a pennant race…

I don't buy that. Seager, Semien, Garver, Chapman, Smith, Eovaldi, Scherzer, Montgomery, Heaney, Grossman and the entire coaching staff have all been apart of playoff and/ or championship teams. While there are some young players sprinkled in, this isn't a team full of first and 2nd year players.
DallasAg 94
How about a little Zeke Duran love.
.284, 14 HRs, 7 SB, .332 OBP

His 374 PAs are currntly 13.5 PAs from being Qualified. His .284 BA would rank 8th in the AL.

He'd be 18th with a .274 BA, if you gave him an 0-fer-13.

We know he isn't a 3B'er, but a MIF. 2 more years of Serfdom and 3 years of Arb.

I've toyed with the idea the Rangers trade him in the offseason, but I think with Seager and Jung both being injury prone, Duran will get plenty of ABs as a Util...

JWinTX
gigem1223 said:

JWinTX said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

CampingAg said:

This…

I don't buy that. Seager, Semien, Garver, Chapman, Smith, Eovaldi, Scherzer, Montgomery, Heaney, Grossman and the entire coaching staff have all been apart of playoff and/ or championship teams. While there are some young players sprinkled in, this isn't a team full of first and 2nd year players.

Just look at history and it usually takes a team that is young to build itself into a WS contender. Houston and Seattle are great examples of this from where they were to where they are now.
gigem1223
JWinTX said:

gigem1223 said:

JWinTX said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

CampingAg said:

This…

Just look at history and it usually takes a team that is young to build itself into a WS contender. Houston and Seattle are great examples of this from where they were to where they are now.

But they're not young….
aggiefan09
AG
I would much rather see Garcia strike out looking at a high fastball than swing at every single one all month. He swings and the ball just gets higher and he still swings.
PatriotAg02
AG
Everything hit hard seems to find a defender
Proposition Joe
Can we start making Janikowski do push-ups every time he hits the ball in the air?
PatriotAg02
AG
Man Jonah has had a rough return.
Proposition Joe
Gallen looks gettable tonight, just gotta stay patient.
gigem1223
Proposition Joe said:

Can we start making Janikowski do push-ups every time he hits the ball in the air?

He hit that ball 101 off the bat. Unfortunately right to the right fielder.
gigem1223
And their little loopers are finding holes. When we run bad, we run really bad
Proposition Joe
gigem1223 said:

Proposition Joe said:

He hit that ball 101 off the bat. Unfortunately right to the right fielder.

And he hit a ball to the warning track the other day.

A few are going to fall in for doubles, but teams are more than happy to have him hitting the ball in the air as it puts very little pressure on the defense.
gigem1223
Throw more fastballs
PatriotAg02
AG
No way he Houdini's this
AggieRob93
AG
Wow Gray, playing with fire.
PatriotAg02
AG
Limit this to 1. I don't see us scoring much at all tonight as usual.
Proposition Joe
Needed that.
Proposition Joe
I don't really believe in the jinx, but what is our announcers obsession with stating the very obvious to the viewer "if he can get out of this with just 1 run he'll be happy with that" ?
gigem1223
More weak contact finding holes. So frustrating
aggietony2010
AG
3 balls all hit under 80 MPH, all 3 hits.
First Page Last Page
Page 479 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.