*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,377,013 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
rbtexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Pretty much spot on, I think Speas will be one. I could see them bringing up Ornelas over Huff, because we have 3 catchers on the team, and you can always use a late inning defensive infield replacement like Ornelas can give you.
Jimbo Franchione
Carlo4
AG
Let's sit here and think about how bad it would be if you were a...

Yankees fan.. no...
Angels fan... no...

TB RAYS fan right now...
DallasAg 94
And yet, they still win.

I've seen where there is another accuser in the Franco saga from the DR. Some comments suggested there was an extortion angle where one of the females was asking for a car and cash.

The result will likely be that he claims the girl intentionally misled him and presented herself as 18, they entered into a physical relationship and when he found out she was 14, he broke off the relationship and she tried to extort money from him to remain silent. She'll probably get some hush-money, he'll make an apology and commit to being more cautious and this will all go away.

Maybe he should just run for Congress and all of this will be lost.
Carlo4
AG
And they lost their best pitcher until 2025 with tommy john. A few major blows no doubt.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Looks like we're continuing our streak of missing opposing teams aces, Burns is pitching tonight for the Brews. Still have to face Woodruff and Peralta though who are no slouches. I'll take all of our guys except maybe woodruff over Heaney.
DallasAg 94
Carlo4 said:

And they lost their best pitcher until 2025 with tommy john. A few major blows no doubt.
Best 3 pitchers.
McClanahan was the latest.

They lost Rasmusson
'22: 28 GS, 2.84
'23: 8 GS, 2.62

and Springs
'22: 25GS, 2.46 (33 G, 135.1 IP)
'23: 3 GS, 0.56

Glasnow has had repeated IL stints, as well, trying to come back.
'21: 14 GS, 2.66
'22: 2GS, 1.35
'23: 13GS, 3.01

Among others...
Proposition Joe
Carlo4 said:

Grapesoda2525
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Looks like we're continuing our streak of missing opposing teams aces, Burns is pitching tonight for the Brews. Still have to face Woodruff and Peralta though who are no slouches. I'll take all of our guys except maybe woodruff over Heaney.
We're supposed to face 2 aces on back to back days soon. Gallen from the diamondbacks and Lopez from the Twinkies. Both on the road. We got Gallen both times in separate 2 game series with the diamondbacks. Pretty brutal luck.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Grapesoda2525 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

We're supposed to face 2 aces on back to back days soon. Gallen from the diamondbacks and Lopez from the Twinkies. Both on the road. We got Gallen both times in separate 2 game series with the diamondbacks. Pretty brutal luck.

That is pretty brutal luck
Grapesoda2525
Lineup woes

Jankowski looks like he's turned back into a pumpkin. He's 7 for his last 62

Garcia is 3 for his last 30.

Seems like over the last week or 2 the offense is carried nightly by semien, Seager, garver, and Jp Martinez. We need 2 more of the Taveras, grossman, Duran, lowe, Garcia group to get hot.
Grapesoda2525

Hits just keep on coming for the rays ( not on the baseball field). Losing the division and drawing them in the wildcard isn't looking nearly as scary as it did a month ago.
aggiefan09
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Lineup woes

Jankowski looks like he's turned back into a pumpkin. He's 7 for his last 62

Garcia is 3 for his last 30.

Seems like over the last week or 2 the offense is carried nightly by semien, Seager, garver, and Jp Martinez. We need 2 more of the Taveras, grossman, Duran, lowe, Garcia group to get hot.

Garcia and Lowe seem the most likely with one of Duran or Taveras having a unicorn night every now and then.
Tksymm7
AG
I have confidence that Lowe will come back around. He's shown to be a pretty high level hitter and just needs to make a tweak here or there. Garcia is really confusing to me. He's worked on his plate discipline and I think it shows. He's got more walks and is working counts, but he's not hitting the ball right now at all. So his increased plate discipline isn't really leading to much for the team. We need him to HIT. He's one of THE run producers.
Grapesoda2525
Tksymm7 said:

I have confidence that Lowe will come back around. He's shown to be a pretty high level hitter and just needs to make a tweak here or there. Garcia is really confusing to me. He's worked on his plate discipline and I think it shows. He's got more walks and is working counts, but he's not hitting the ball right now at all. So his increased plate discipline isn't really leading to much for the team. We need him to HIT. He's one of THE run producers.
One concerning thing from the Detmers game is it seems like Garcia and a few other hitters took a combined 15-20 "huge" or "home run" swings and they were all whiffs.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Tksymm7 said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with the egregious amounts of off the plate balls being called strikes for him. He has done amazing this season with his plate discipline, and now out of nowhere he's real gotten the crap end of the stick in that regard. That's gotta be taking a toll on him mentally.
Tksymm7
AG
He really has recently, but I still think he's swinging and missing a ton which is the major issue, and like Grape mentioned he's taking gigantic hacks from the looks of it.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Ohh 100%, I think that is just part of his game haha
Farmer1906
AG
Thought yall might enjoy the end of the most recent talking baseball.

DallasAg 94
Jared Sandler was talking was discussing this, a couple days ago.

His perspective was Garcia is just going to be one of those guys that gets RBIs in bunches and may just have some dry spells.

The others (Taveras and Duran) have hit slumps and are doing the things to work through it, putting in extra work. They are still young.

Personally, I think as some of the younger guys work through these slumps they'll have more tools to help reduce their impact.

Guys like Jankowski... I think he is just who he is... a career 4th OF making a living who will be a FA after the season and will likely sign on somewhere.
DeangeloVickers
AG
KT 90
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Ah, good to see Bochy does in fact read this thread afterall.... Taveras and Duran both getting a day off. That coupled will the rest day yesterday maybe will freshen them back up a bit for the stretch run.

Proposition Joe
Quote:

Would have loved for Texas to make the Lynn deal. Certainly not a want (TORP), but a need (options if back end continues to struggle and front end can't stay healthy).

Nice part of that deal is it wouldn't have cost you much, and it would have at least not put you behind the 8-ball as the deadline approaches. As if we don't land a TORP -- which is not an easy thing to do with everyone vying for one -- then we're going to be in for a rocky finish.

Extremely happy with the two rotation arms we added, but thought this was worthy of a bump.

Lynn since the trade:

7IP / 3ER
6IP / 1ER
5IP / 0ER
7IP / 0ER

"BuT hIS ErA!"
Slided bread
AG
Semien - 2B
Seager SS
Lowe 1B
Garcia RF
Garver DH
Heim C
Martinez CF
Smith 3B
Jankowski LF

Pretty pumped to see JPM getting the start again over Taveras, he needs some time off in the worst way. Not as pumped to watch Smiths AB's but maybe rest will be good for Duran
DallasAg 94
Cherry-picking stats, again... SMH.

Sample size.
PatriotAg02
AG
Heaney won't last long tonight already at 40 pitches.
aggiefan09
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Need to get at least 5 out of him.
PatriotAg02
AG
aggiefan09 said:

PatriotAg02 said:

Need to get at least 5 out of him.

Not looking good
aggiefan09
AG
Nope
AggieRob93
AG
Looks like Brewers will get 5 runs out of Heaney.

Is it a pipe dream to see Eovaldi back this season?
PatriotAg02
AG
AggieRob93 said:

Looks like Brewers will get 5 runs out of Heaney.

Is it a pipe dream to see Eovaldi back this season?

They are still saying he will be. Believe it when I see it.
aggiefan09
AG
Brewers can only get 4 off of Heaney. Need the bats to wake up.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Natty Lowe!
aggiefan09
AG
When was Heim's last HR...he is due for one?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
And some Mitch!
bmac_aggie18
AG
Garver slash line this year .295 / .378 / .518
absolutely incredible what we are getting
First Page Last Page
Page 460 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.