*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,379,027 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Txhuntr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, we have two guys currently in our starting rotation that will be relegated to the bullpen by playoff time. While you absolutely need to be prepared for a 15 or 16 inning marathon, I'll be surprised if Perez makes the the roster since we'll already have 2 other innings eaters out there that have shown to be better in high leverage situations
PatriotAg02
AG
fc2112 said:

Reminder that tonight's game is the Free Game of the Day on MLB.tv
Free baseball???
fc2112
Keep in mind the roster can be changed after each series, so roster for ALDS does not have to be same as for ALCS and WS.

There is a 26 man roster. Did not see that the 13 pitcher rule was applicable in post season - for short series, maybe only carry 12 to have an extra bat?
Yellerjacket
fc2112 said:

Does that mean blackout-free?
Daveintx
Now just 2 games off the Orioles for the top spot..... Keep it rolling
Señor Chang
AG
Yellerjacket said:

fc2112 said:

I hope so! Only been able to watch a couple of Rangers games this season. MLB has the dumbest tv rules.

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Daveintx said:

Was looking at this earlier. Would be great if we could overtake them. Not necessary but would be nice.
Double Talkin' Jive...
DallasAg 94
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Daveintx said:

Was looking at this earlier. Would be great if we could overtake them. Not necessary but would be nice.
I've been mixed on that.

Scoreboard watching...

Barring something crazy, this is the hypothetical today:
1. O's hosts (#5 v #4 winner)
2. Rangers hosts (#3 v #6 winner)

WC 3 games on consecutive days
3. Minn hosts 6. Tor
4. TB hosts 5. Houston

Minnesota is locked.

I think Tampa and Houston are almost locks at 4/5 or 5/4. Just a matter of who gets to host the 3 games. Houston could challenge us down the stretch, but I think Tampa doesn't have a chance to catch Baltimore.

Seattle gave it a push, but I don't think they'll continue to be a factor.

SO... I think Minnesota is the weakest team and Tampa is next. But, Tampa will likely have some kid they drafted in 2023 come in and give his CyYoung impression.

Would you rather play Houston or Toronto?

Having said ALL that, I'd rather play Baltimore with the 2-3-2 based in Arlington....but Houston against the O's would be ok with me.
Yellerjacket
Señor Chang said:

Yellerjacket said:

fc2112 said:

I hope so! Only been able to watch a couple of Rangers games this season. MLB has the dumbest tv rules.

I've just been watching them on my phone or casting them to my Google TV through my phone.
A few free sites you can go to to get good streams.
fc2112
Yeah, ALDS will be easier if we finish 2.

ALCS will be easier if we finish 1.

Let's just finish 1.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Leiter is throwing for front office folks at Globe Life. Wonder what it's about?
LeagueCityAg
AG
Blanco Jimenez said:

Leiter is throwing for front office folks at Globe Life. Wonder what it's about?
Could be attempting to diagnose a mechanical problem.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Blanco Jimenez said:

Dang…can't feel too good to have to fly from Phoenix to throw in front of the front office so they can figure out what's wrong with you. Really still want him to work out for us
AgBQ-00
AG
Maybe getting eyes on from the big league coaches to get his plan for mechanics and what he needs to do to progress?
Tksymm7
AG
I think it's just all hands on deck to try to figure him out and save his career.
Hungry Ojos
Tksymm7 said:

I think it's just all hands on deck to try to figure him out and save his career.

What's the story on Leiter???? I'm in the dark.
Tksymm7
AG
He can't throw strikes and many people believe it's a mechanical issue. I'm in that camp as well. I don't think his motion is very repeatable, which leads to the inability to throw strikes. His motion should've been corrected at the start, but oh well.
gigem1223
Semien 2B
Seager SS
Garcia RF
Lowe 1B
Garver C
Duran 3B
Grossman DH
Jankowski LF
Taveras CF
Baby Billy
AG
Hate that Grossman is playing over Martinez. He's provided a nice spark
gigem1223
Same. Especially with Grossman being 1-5 vs Detmers with 4 Ks in his career
PatriotAg02
AG
Gross
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Man
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Daveintx said:

I've been mixed on that.

Scoreboard watching...

Barring something crazy, this is the hypothetical today:
1. O's hosts (#5 v #4 winner)
2. Rangers hosts (#3 v #6 winner)

WC 3 games on consecutive days
3. Minn hosts 6. Tor
4. TB hosts 5. Houston

Minnesota is locked.

I think Tampa and Houston are almost locks at 4/5 or 5/4. Just a matter of who gets to host the 3 games. Houston could challenge us down the stretch, but I think Tampa doesn't have a chance to catch Baltimore.

Seattle gave it a push, but I don't think they'll continue to be a factor.

SO... I think Minnesota is the weakest team and Tampa is next. But, Tampa will likely have some kid they drafted in 2023 come in and give his CyYoung impression.

Would you rather play Houston or Toronto?

Having said ALL that, I'd rather play Baltimore with the 2-3-2 based in Arlington....but Houston against the O's would be ok with me.
Houston seems like the most dangerous team in the division series. We saw in the 4 game series we hosted earlier this season that they can just get hot. Hit early, hit all game, and hit at the last minute for good measure.

They also have a really good pitching staff that could get hot too.

I'd much rather deal with Houston over 7 games and hope our lineup can wear them down then a shorter 5 game series where there is more of a luck variable involved.

The better team almost always wins a 7 game series. Not so much the case with a 5 game set.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Tksymm7 said:

He can't throw strikes and many people believe it's a mechanical issue. I'm in that camp as well. I don't think his motion is very repeatable, which leads to the inability to throw strikes. His motion should've been corrected at the start, but oh well.

I just question how a guy that has thrown thousands upon thousands of pitches to become what he is can make big mechanical changes and have them stick under pressure.
South Platte
Physically, emotionally, and spiritually, I'm not sure I can take a 7 game series vs. Houston.
AgBQ-00
AG
Is Odorizzi a free agent after this year? Or do we have him next year coming off injury?
aggietony2010
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Is Odorizzi a free agent after this year? Or do we have him next year coming off injury?

Free agent.
AgBQ-00
AG
That's what I thought.
Hungry Ojos
Tksymm7 said:

Good Lord.

"Leiter last pitched on July 7 against Midland. He threw 1/3 inning and gave up five hits, six runs and two walks. After that, the Rangers put him on the developmental list for the second time this season."
Grapesoda2525
South Platte said:

Physically, emotionally, and spiritually, I'm not sure I can take a 7 game series vs. Houston.
To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

If we get them, I'd want a full crack at them like we would against the Braves or Dodgers if we made it that far. See who really is better.
investorAg83
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

South Platte said:

If we get them, I'd want a full crack at them like we would against the Braves or Dodgers if we made it that far. See who really is better.

I want that just like I wanted the Yankees back in 2010. That K of A-Rod is one of my favorite Ranger memories.
agent-maroon
AG
Screw that. All I want is a WS Championship and I don't care who we beat in however many games to get it. The path with the best odds is the one I want.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Grapesoda2525
investorAg83 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

South Platte said:

I want that just like I wanted the Yankees back in 2010. That K of A-Rod is one of my favorite Ranger memories.
It would be a better story too. An all Texas ALCS and if we beat them we are in the World Series.
Grapesoda2525
Speaking of the Astros

Luzardo **** the bed for Miami and gave up 5 runs in the first inning at home. I'm glad to see that the marlins have scored 4 off Verlander and he doesn't look invincible like he used too, but the marlins are a good home team and I thought they had a decent chance to get 2 out of 3.

6-4 Houston. Hopefully the fish keep fighting.
MrCoachEricTaylor
In other news, ole JV looking like he's ready for the playoffs haha
First Page Last Page
Page 454 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.