*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,379,925 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

DeangeloVickers
AG
Tksymm7
AG
I'm also ready to see Blaine Crim and less of Josh Smith. I get it that he plays plus defense and can play four positions, but holy hell is he also terrible at the plate and with runners on.
rbtexan
S
Won't happen. Agree Smith's ABs are brutal.
Jimbo Franchione
Tksymm7
AG
Agreed, but I can wish.
Grapesoda2525
Makes me sick that we wasted great pitching efforts on this road trip by both Montgomery and Dunning. 4-2 is great and all, but felt like we should've at least gone 5-1 with the punting 1 game and lineup not showing up at all in the other.

Angels are coming in ice cold. Should be a good opportunity to rack up some wins I'm hoping.
DallasAg 94
Hard to believe we are back to Scherzer...

Scherzer (today)
Montgomery (tomorrow)
Gray (Wed)
------

AL ERA Leaders:
1. Eovaldi (Texas): 2.69, 19 GS, 123.2 IP
2. Gerrit Cole (NYY): 2.76, 25 GS, 156.1 IP

5. Dunning (Texas): 3.10, 18 GS, 127.2 IP
13. Gray (Texas): 3.65, 21 GA, 120.2 IP

Reference:
Montgomery: 3.38, 23 GS, 133.0 IP <- That'd be 11th ERA in AL
Scherzer: 3.99, 21 GS, 120.2 IP <-That'd be 18th ERA in AL (2.77 in 2GS for Texas)
Heaney: 4.17, 23GS
DallasAg 94
FYI, for those looking at the Rangers' game on Friday... Metallica has shows Friday and Sunday nights at AT&T. I believe Pantera opens for them on Friday. 6pm.
Dwb22
AG
It feels awesome to not have any gaps in the rotation right now. Heaney is the weakest link which is 1) likely temporary until Evo comes back, and 2) a pretty solid fifth guy to have anyways.
DallasAg 94
And Perez has 1 appearance in August, it was 1.0 IP in relief.

I found it interesting that Perez was not inserted for Heaney when he had "the crud."
Dwb22
AG
Perez has chronic crud I'm afraid
_lefraud_
AG
Made it to the Saturday and Sunday games this past weekend. Im not sure there's a better park in baseball for a Sunday afternoon game. Incredible weather.

DallasAg 94
Looks like RBiA without the offices in the OF... and without the 105F sun beat down.
DallasAg 94
Cutoff the top decks at the foul pole.

RBiA has the same entrance in LF.

DallasAg 94
JP Martinez looked pretty impressive so far. He looks polished and he looks hungry.

I'd like to see Taveras bat .280+ down the stretch to build his trade value. With 4 more years of control, he's the kind of player we could make available for some nice return.

Guys like Taveras and Duran are how you build a perpetuating farm system.
gigem1223
Jank activated, Ornelas optioned. Hope to see a JPM, Jank, Bombi outfield tonight
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
No Jonah Dirt tonight.
Double Talkin' Jive...
MrCoachEricTaylor
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

No Jonah Dirt tonight.

Not against giving him his days off
gigem1223
Yep especially right now. Let him gradually get back into the mix. Garver/ Hodges is just fine for the time being.
shack009
AG
Starter tonight for LAA is also a lefty. Didn't we hear they don't want Jonah to bat R? That may have changed given his accelerated timeline, but better safe than sorry.

No issue at all with Garver starting against lefties. Garver has also caught Max already.
Mr Gigem
AG
No reason for us to not take all three against LAAA. Max, Monty, and Gray.
MrCoachEricTaylor
shack009 said:

Starter tonight for LAA is also a lefty. Didn't we hear they don't want Jonah to bat R? That may have changed given his accelerated timeline, but better safe than sorry.

No issue at all with Garver starting against lefties. Garver has also caught Max already.

That could play into it too. Since Jonah has been a switch hitter for basically his entire life, he hasn't seen a slider traveling away from him since probably at least since he was in high school. I think if he played against a lefty it would be nothing but those breaking balls away from him. I think the boys on KMC on 105.3 talked about something like that a week or so ago.
ChoppinDs40
AG
first game of the season this saturday and taking my 3yr old.

Where should we park? 3rd base line tickets and will be coming from Benbrook area.
Mr Gigem
AG
Lot B or Q. Q is probably the easiest to get in and out of. Come early, it's going to be very busy on Saturday
Hungry Ojos
We were in Lot B last Saturday for the Marlins game (the one where, shocker, Will Smith allowed a two run home run and almost blew that game too) and it took about 45 mins to get out of the parking lot after the game. Stadium was pretty full though.
Proposition Joe
Lot B is close, but getting out is dictated by how many people are actually working parking.
Grapesoda2525

Could be a sign that the rangers view Martinez as more impactful than just a late season call up. The guy has been tearing up triple A this year and played very well in San Francisco this weekend.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
If I'm Leody Taveras, that bothers me a wee bit.
beagle2009
AG
Frankly I hope it bothers him quite a bit. Would love to see him respond similarly to how our pitching staff stepped up after bringing in Scherzer, Montgomery and Stratton.
Grapesoda2525
Flounder Dorfman said:

If I'm Leody Taveras, that bothers me a wee bit.
Leody needs to pick it up. He was hitting over .300 before the ASB and now it's around .268
shack009
AG
His hitting, and even fielding at times, since the all star break has bothered me a wee bit.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Agree with all of this.

This is the time for Martinez to make his move. Carter and Langford coming up quickly. This outfield is going to have a lot of competition shortly.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Lot B or Q. Q is probably the easiest to get in and out of. Come early, it's going to be very busy on Saturday

Those are season ticket holder lots? What's good for like… $30?

Also, bummer. I see Humperdinks closed. I loved doing their bus back in the day. Any other places still do the bus drop off thing?
_lefraud_
AG
This is the way

https://texags.com/forums/37/topics/3370558
Peter Klaven
AG
100%, I think you can even cut through the back and basically be in the Lexus lot.
First Page Last Page
Page 444 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.