*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,370,204 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And another strike that's a ball.
shack009
AG
I don't need to see Yerry anymore this year.
DallasAg 94
Hope Yerry enjoyed his cup of coffee.
gigem1223
94chem said:

And the Rangers' pen makes sure to not make the team record in one run games any worse.

This is on Boch 100%
Tksymm7
AG
That felt like a spot where Bochy was just trying to figure out if literally anyone other than Smith, Sborz and Burke could help this team in a tight game further down the road (or if they've improved). Clearly King and Yerry still not the answer.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Alright Semien. Let's get a lead off runner and see what happens.
Carlo4
AG
Tksymm7 said:

That felt like a spot where Bochy was just trying to figure out if literally anyone other than Smith, Sborz and Burke could help this team in a tight game further down the road (or if they've improved). Clearly King and Yerry still not the answer.

IMO, If that was the case you bring them in back in the 6th to save Sborz for the 8th.
gigem1223
Tksymm7 said:

Yea and he pulled King as soon as he got an out. Then inexplicably brings Rodriguez in who just got called back up. Let King clean up his own mess there or bring Burke in to shut it down. Don't just give them the lead.
gigem1223
This ump is squeezing rangers pitchers and widening for Yankees pitchers
gigem1223
Must be nice to have an unlimited amount of good bullpen arms
aggietony2010
AG
gigem1223 said:

This ump is squeezing rangers pitchers and widening for Yankees pitchers

He's just bad. Guessing on the borderline pitches.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Well damn. Would have been nice to get that series win.
NukeAg10
AG
Crappy loss.
gigem1223
Boch handed them that one on a King sized silver platter
gigem1223
We have to be like -50 in the 8th inning this year. Been brutal
Jimtim1216
S
It's a long season. If memory serves me correctly we are in the middle of playing 30 games in 31 days. I think not using certain guys, especially since there are 14 more games in a row to play is completely understandable.
shack009
AG
We just had Thursday off...
gigem1223
Not an excuse, Brock Burke hasn't pitched in 6 days (and only threw 11 pitches)
PatriotAg02
AG
Glad I was on a family lake trip the last two games. Let's get home and get a streak going.
gigem1223
For as disappointing as this series was, at least we didn't lose 2 of 3 to the Rockies like the Angels.
aggietony2010
AG
gigem1223 said:

For as disappointing as this series was, at least we didn't lose 2 of 3 to the Rockies like the Angels.

They just lost a 3 game series in which they outscored the Rockies by 20.
gigem1223
aggietony2010 said:

gigem1223 said:

They just lost a 3 game series in which they outscored the Rockies by 20.

Only the Angels. They're the kings of losing games by 5 runs when Ohtani and Trout are a combined 6-8 with 2 solo shots and a couple doubles.
CampingAg
AG
Only the Angels could win a game 25-1 and drop 2 outta 3 in the series. Simply amazing.
NukeAg10
AG
Just throwing this out there...

Rangers should pay for the rest of Kershaw's contract. It'd make up for degrom.
bmac_aggie18
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Just throwing this out there...

Rangers should pay for the rest of Kershaw's contract. It'd make up for degrom.

We could probably milk Kershaw for more starts next year than DeGrom over the next 4 combined lol
Proposition Joe
Rangers paying a lot of money for a 35 year old with back issues is not the route I think they want to go.
gigem1223
Boch with the bad bullpen management today. Dusty Baker says hold my beer…
94chem
Dang, HOU, impressive implosion.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Grapesoda2525
Proposition Joe said:

Rangers paying a lot of money for a 35 year old with back issues is not the route I think they want to go.
He's been lights out in his last few starts. Give him a 1 year contract.
Grapesoda2525
I don't know what the hell that was, but there seemed to be a gigantic force field around home plate in New York the whole entire series. Whenever we would get a hit out of the ballpark or to the alley….. nobody would be on base. We rarely got hits with guys on base at all and when we did, probably 10 guys got stranded on 3rd base. You couldn't sequence these hits any worse than the rangers did.

Sucks that Eovaldi wasn't ready for the "ace" matchup because we got to Cole better than most teams.

We blew this series. It was a ****ty series. Flush it please. I thought we outplayed them overall, but somehow get no reward for doing so.

We never win up here anyway.
Grapesoda2525
MLB updated their Top 100 list:
8. Evan Carter
48. Owen White
49. Luisangel Acuna
65. Brock Porter
96. Jack Leiter.

Here's a look at rangers best prospects otherwise known as "the untouchables" this trade deadline.
gigem1223
The only "untouchable" on that list is Carter IMO. If we want a TORP you're going to have to deal a few. Saggese is another guy to keep an eye on. He's been scorching hot in frisco.
Proposition Joe
Yeah if those are your untouchables you aren't getting much at the deadline except maybe a coin-flip bullpen arm.
Tksymm7
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

MLB updated their Top 100 list:
8. Evan Carter
48. Owen White
49. Luisangel Acuna
65. Brock Porter
96. Jack Leiter.

Here's a look at rangers best prospects otherwise known as "the untouchables" this trade deadline.
I obviously don't know what the teams thoughts are on any of the prospects outside of Carter, but I've got to believe that everyone who can't help this team in the near future is on the table. That's why I think I would possibly add White to the untouchable list, because he's got the chance to help us within the next year, same as Carter. In my mind everyone else is more or less available because they aren't likely to help us until 2025 or so. Just my opinion.
Proposition Joe
A prospect or two in the 200ish range of all of MLB can fetch you a big leaguer, but it's not going to be an impact big leaguer.

That being said, it could absolutely be an upgrade... but it could not be.

A true difference maker in the bullpen is going to cost you a guy off that list.
First Page Last Page
Page 219 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.