*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,386,401 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Water Boy said:

Never seen so much trolling from a team we are ahead of and won a series against in their house. This thread may be unbearable if they do end up taking the lead.

They can keep getting banned. I don't care. Really strange, and again, I'm not kidding when I think Houston Aggie mindset is at the root of the lack of A&M athletic accomplishment. So much obsession about other houses vs their own
KT 90
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Window with Eovaldi is short. This year and next.

We are still there, yes. I'm just snake bitten from the last 7 years of pure suckage.

If he stays healthy, hopefully he is around longer than two years. He is from Texas, so hopefully we keep him around.
Mr Gigem
AG
Very sip-like behavior
Eliminatus
AG
I'm a new-ish lurker but definitely noticed this thread has the staff warning about trolling yet the Stros ones does not.
Water Boy
AG
Houston fans are weird. It's like they need constant validation. As a cowboys fan the Texans never cross my mind unless dealing with a Texans troll and when the rangers owned the west and the Astros I didn't care much for them. Now that they are winning you can't stop hearing from them. They are like a cockroaches.
PatriotAg02
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Very sip-like behavior
Exactly what it reminds me of. It's the sips without the history.
aggietony2010
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Very sip-like behavior
Exactly what it reminds me of. It's the sips without the history.

As someone who grew up in El Paso, I don't really understand the Hou/DFW rivalry. I inherited my Rangers fandom from my grandma who would watch almost nightly.

But about 50% of Astros fans (in my experience) just behave bizarrely. I know some good ones, but for every one of those, I have met the ones with the bizarre DFW sports complex. Where the freaking night they've won a World Series they're talking about how much it must suck to be a Rangers fan instead of enjoying their accomplishments.

Astros fans, you've got skins on the wall and trophies in the case. Enjoy them. I know that if I'm alive when the Rangers finally exorcise their 2011 demons that the Astros will be the last thing on my mind.
rocky_ag
AG
I am from the DFW area, and I never even thought about Houston before I went to A&M. In fact, if anything, I rooted for Houston teams at times because I wanted to see Texas teams do well. Then I got to A&M and was borderline verbally assaulted by Houston sports fans at every opportunity for no other reason than I am from DFW and root for DFW teams.

It is weird. People from Houston hate DFW, but people from DFW don't even think about Houston without provocation from Houstonians. That tells you about all you need to know about the "rivalry" between the two cities. That and the fact that the staff have to put a warning on this thread, but not the Astros thread. It isn't a rivalry. It is basically just a Napoleon complex from Houston.
Proposition Joe
It's really not that hard to figure out why Houston has the issues they do... Football rules the roost in Texas, and I don't think they will ever recover from this:

1992: Houston Oilers have (at the time) greatest postseason choke jobs in NFL history
1992: Dallas Cowboys win Super Bowl

1993: Houston Oilers tied for best regular season record. Give up 21 points in 4th quarter and lose in division round.
1993: Dallas Cowboys win Super Bowl

1994: Houston Oilers set record for biggest season-to-season collapse, going from 12-4 to 2-14.
1994: Dallas Cowboys lose in NFC Championship Game.

1995: Houston Oilers announce they are leaving for Nashville.
1995: Dallas Cowboys win Super Bowl

It's one thing to see an in-state team be dubbed "America's Team") in the 70s/80s... It's another thing to see an in-state team have a complete dynasty in the 90s... It's another thing to watch this dynasty while you set records for a playoff choke and a season-to-season collapse.

But to do all of this and then find out you are losing your team completely... the same season said in-state teams WINS ANOTHER SUPER BOWL.

Yeah, they will never recover from that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And as painful as it may be, double down on that with sip winning titles in football and baseball while we have had zilch. The houston Ag has ptsd and it's gonna take more than 1 or 2 astros world series to fix. I truly think there is something to all that holding us back at A&M. It's like they're pressing and it results in this negative cloud
DallasAg 94
The RP will sort itself out.

Rangers are 27th in MLB in RP ERA @ 4.80.
They've converted 9 of 17 Save Opps.

You could argue Brock Burke is our best RP: 16 G, 19.1 IP, 3.72 ERA, 18 H, 4 BB. His ERA is 6.14 in May.

I'm hopeful about John King.
Will Smith has been good his last 4 outings.

We don't need to win the Playoffs today... we just need to keep winning.

We don't need deGrom to win the Cy Young... we need him for maybe 6 GS in the playoffs, to go 4-5 IP with 1+/- ERs.

We have the horses to get there.
Water Boy
AG
Aggie game started about 30 min ago. Should be ending right as the rangers start their game.
DallasAg 94
Something to remember.

We just need to bring "little brother" along long enough to eliminate the Halos FO from thinking they can make a charge.

The Halos are the team I think could really compete and get hot.

If Barria is an answer at SP for the Halos, they are going to hang around.
gigem1223
Marc Church promoted to AAA today. May be seeing him soon. Also have Otto and Duffy on the way. Those 3 could potentially help the BP.
Tksymm7
AG
I saw this today as well. This definitely feels like a move to get him a few weeks against better comp, and as long as he performs well enough we could seen him at the end of June.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Alex Speas make the jump sooner than later as well.
Water Boy
AG
Going to be an interesting game tonight. Hoping for an offensive explosion!
Dwb22
AG
Nelson Cruz flashbacks from Grossman there
Tksymm7
AG
He's a horrendous outfielder.
bmac_aggie18
AG
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here, that sun looks brutal
Water Boy
AG
Too soon
Blindside05
AG
Water Boy said:

Too soon

12 years…… it still hurts
PatriotAg02
AG
Looks out
Tksymm7
AG
You have to catch that. I'm sorry, but that's a catchable ball in the outfield. Take a better angle to that and it's in your glove on the run.
AgBQ-00
AG
Second balk of the night for the bucs
Water Boy
AG
4-5 more runs and the lead should be safe.
Water Boy
AG
Strike out with 0 pitches in the strike zone.
Mr Gigem
AG
Josh Jung ROY
KT 90
AG
*%#* Semien better not be hurt too badly
KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

*%#* Semien better not be hurt too badly

He came up to bat, so maybe he's ok. Give him tomorrow off, plus no game on Thursday and hopefully all will be good.
Water Boy
AG
That man has been a work horse. Deserves a day off.
AgBQ-00
AG
Eovaldi. Complete game.
KT 90
AG
Complete game win for Eivaldi! That's one way to help fix the bullpen.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Damn he's been good
Water Boy
AG
Eovaldi with another amazing performance. Great win by your first place Texas Rangers!
Danny Vermin
It's been a long time since our starting pitching has been this good and this is without our ace. Amazing.
First Page Last Page
Page 122 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.