*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,387,285 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Turf related…I think we have something special coming for the all star game next year
Grapesoda2525

A somewhat accurate sign of divisional strength. 2 big exceptions are Oakland weighing down the AL west and the AL East being carried by TB.

Texas seems to be on pace to passing TB in overall runs scored. Perhaps today.
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

A somewhat accurate sign of divisional strength. 2 big exceptions are Oakland weighing down the AL west and the AL East being carried by TB.

Texas seems to be on pace to passing TB in overall runs scored. Perhaps today.

The Rangers are carrying the AL west. They have a higher run differential than that Astros, Angels and Mariners combined.
Water Boy
AG
I think the fact that we have a higher RD than the rest of the division combined while only having a 2 game lead shows that RD is an overrated stat. This team can put up 10 runs no problem then some games can't put up a run when it matters. The next step for this ball club is to win games when they are behind late in the game by a run. When we are down by a run or two in the 8th or 9th it's pretty much a sure loss. I want to see gritty come back wins to steal games late just as other opponents do to us from time to time. Again, love where we are now but being able to come back and win ballgames is the next step for this team.
KT 90
AG
Heaney gets the start today. Seager to DH and Duran at SS.

Tksymm7
AG
I agree with a lot of your post. RD isn't the end all be all stat, and we do need to start to win close games one way or the other. Where I will push back is the idea that the Astros only being 2 games back is an indicator that RD is overrated. I think it's much more of an outlier for the Astros to only be 2 games back and winning 9/10 games with the run differential they have. One thing the Astros always do is pitch, and their ability to call up Johnny Wholestaff and get really solid outings from them is special and ridiculous. That is what's keeping them in the race, and that ability is such an outlier imo.
Water Boy
AG
Good pitching beats good hitting. Obviously it's great to have an explosive offense that can blow out teams but hopefully we can maintain that all season. Seems like we are in a dog fight in every game we don't score more than 6. I posted in here a few days ago than our bullpen has been in the lower half of the league according to ERA for a decade so I'm guessing this is a problem we will just have to get lucky to solve considering there has been no solution for this long?
gigem1223
RD has historically been a great indicator of how good a team is. Are there some outliers? Sure, but it generally tells you who is over or underachieving. Our bullpen is the reason why we're underachieving in wins. With an average bullpen we're up there with the rays.
Tksymm7
AG
Completely agree.
PatriotAg02
AG
Run differential is a great stat because overall we are far exceeding what we give up. But each game is its own animal and tells a more accurate story since you can have lots of blowouts and make that stat less relevant. Still, it's always good to have a higher differential. Especially if it remains high and keeps climbing.
beagle2009
AG
They just showed in the pregame that the starting pitching's 3.5 ERA to start the season is the best since the 1983 season!
PatriotAg02
AG
Omg Jung that should have been caught
gigem1223
No out, bases loaded magic again!
KT 90
AG
Jung with the solo HR
PatriotAg02
AG
We hit a lot of solo shots but that's gonna happen when you hit a lot of HR's
gigem1223
That was a great AB by Jung. He seems to be adjusting and making pitchers come more in the zone.
fc2112
Zeke walks Zeke.
gigem1223
Nice little 2 out rally!
fc2112
Profar dogging it in left
PatriotAg02
AG
Semien is insane with runners in scoring position
fc2112
Really getting into Seabold here.
gigem1223
This line up with Seager is just unfair
fc2112
39 pitch inning for Seabold.

We're on a trajectory to see a position player pitching today.
beagle2009
AG
Stars score and Seager homers about a minute after!
PatriotAg02
AG
I don't think our offense is a fluke anymore.
WestTexasAg
AG
In the midst of our excitement over how well Garcia, Lowe, Jung, Duran, Taveras, Heim, etc. are doing, I propose we take a moment to acknowledge what complete studs the two guys at the top of our lineup are!

Getting Seager and Semien to sign last year was just flat out huge!
Tksymm7
AG
Semien is having a top 5 MVP vote getting type of season.
fc2112
And we're into the soft underbelly of their team - their bullpen.
fc2112
This team shows such great plate discipline. Just love it.
gigem1223
Jonah seems to be slumping a little lately but a little blooper like that may get him going again
fc2112
Heim with the weakest RBI in the history of ever.
PatriotAg02
AG
Cmon Leody
Water Boy
AG
We need to save some runs for the next series.
fc2112
Profar really having a bad day in left.
PatriotAg02
AG
Such a contrast from the 5 run inning. All weak hits.
First Page Last Page
Page 117 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.