*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,388,190 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
bmac_aggie18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At least Burke showed up
PatriotAg02
AG
Heim looks like he's in pain
AgBQ-00
AG
He had that foul ball right on his thigh last night
Mr Gigem
AG
Come on boys let's pull this out! Got a chance to pick up a game on the entire division
vander54
S
Damn. Going to need a 9th inning rally
World's worst proofreader
bmac_aggie18
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

At least Burke showed up

This is on me
Water Boy
AG
Been awhile since we walked it off. How many do we have this year? One?
Mr Gigem
AG
Water Boy said:

Been awhile since we walked it off. How many do we have this year? One?

We are due
MSFC Aggie
AG
#bull*****amess
aggietony2010
AG
Dave Raymond the moron.

"That ball is SMASHED..."

Not even to the track.
alvtimes
Bullpen **** the bed again…. park 1/2 full of braves fans.
Water Boy
AG
Really thought we would pull it out in the end.
PatriotAg02
AG
So that makes this what…..6 or 7th blown game?
Mr Gigem
AG
Sucks. Rebound and sweep the Rockies
Legal Custodian
AG
We would be tied with the Rays if we just had a ****ing average bullpen. How many blown leads is that now? I swear we're approaching ten
AgBQ-00
AG
Off day coming at a good time. Get everyone reset and ready for the next series
Mr Gigem
AG
I think it's 8 blown leads in the 7th inning or later
twilly
AG
twilly said:

Rangers have had 16 save opportunities…

…and blown 8 of them.

For those asking.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
AggieRob93
AG
twilly said:

twilly said:

Rangers have had 16 save opportunities…

…and blown 8 of them.

For those asking.

*Corrected to twilly's numbers.

Still, always something about crummy pitching when it comes to the Rangers.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Serious question. If you're Bochy in a big league locker room, how do you continually address the team about losing games when it's the same 5 guys in the pen dropping a deuce on the mound every night?
twilly
AG
No I included this game. When ATL tied it up it became another blown save. But blows donkey **** either way.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Grapesoda2525
Given the circumstances, I'm ok with 1/3 this series.

We just came off a long road trip. Team was probably tired. We pretty much punted the first game with the Bradford start,

We know the bullpen sucks, it's extremely frustrating that Sborz was throwing **** right down the middle in 0-2 counts. Atlanta was firing on all cylinders all series long and didn't really miss anything. I think they hit 10 home runs.

What is frustrating is that we don't lose often, but we lose ground everytime we do. I wish some other teams could beat the Astros just a smidge.

We need to sweep the Rockies because the Astros are playing the A's and you can't count on Oakland to beat anyone.
rocky_ag
AG
Between now and the deadline, we will find out how serious the FO is about winning this year. If they're serious, changes have to be made to the bullpen.

The starting pitching and offense is good enough to win a LOT of games this year. I think making a move for a couple of relievers would be worth while.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

We need to sweep the Rockies because ...
Chipotlemonger
AG
vander54 said:

Ugh. Stupid bullpen
gigem1223
Not going to overreact to one good game against a really good team. The Rangers are a good team and can win a lot of games. Unfortunately the bullpen is what it is at this point. Not a lot you can do about it for another month or so without extremely overpaying. Just got to hope proven bullpen arms like LeClerc, Hernandez, Burke find it. Only way you can do that is keep running them out there. Until then, it's probably going to be a bumpy road. Luckily, we have a line up and rotation that can hide it somewhat.
Grapesoda2525
I'm not really that upset. Looks like we are as good as the Braves and probably better with Degrom starting on Monday and 2 BP arms worth a *****

Hernandez is a mental midget tho. He has gotten bent over in his last few outings.

Bochy should give Barlow a chance in a high leverage spot and see what happens. Last year, I think I recall Barlow getting rocked by Eugenio Suarez in 2 of the games he blew and he was quickly ushered away after that. Hernandez probably should be low man on totem pole. Sborz was doing well until he let them off the hook with the down the middle pitches. Should remind him to throw some pitches outside the zone when you're ahead to keep the hitter guessing.

I'd go with Barlow, Sborz, smith, Burke, and leclerc in any high leverage situation now. Yes…. Leclerc not because he's earned another chance, but because his stuff is really good and we need to find someone who can get outs.

The Braves series taught us one thing. I mean the Braves are the best team in the NL. If we can almost beat them in a series after conceding the first game, then we can compete with anyone except maybe TB.
PatriotAg02
AG
The insecurity is palpable. It's weird.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Whenever the Bullpen comes out
LeagueCityAg
AG
I really wish we would have address the bullpen better this past offseason. We are blowing a lot of games right now.
rbtexan
S
Problem with the bullpen is, I don't see a acceptable way to fix it short term.

The vast majority of teams are looking for bullpen help - so in order to get it, a team has to be willing to waaaay overpay for it. IMO it would be stupid and irresponsible to trade away a group of solid or top prospects unless it's for a top notch closer, and that's not what's looking to be available. Lots of 7th/8th inning type guys, which we need certainly...but those aren't the guys you overpay for.

Internally there isn't much help either. The bullpen arms in the minors with the most promise aren't ready yet (Marc Church for example). It's basically a bunch of the John King types. No high velocity, wipe out stuff type guys developed enough to step up to the majors. A lot of low/mid 90s guys, which isn't the profile of what's working currently in MLB.

To echo MrGigem, I think we're just going to have to endure it for the time being. Maybe more guys become available at reasonable "rates" later in the season. For sure, watching this bullpen now is painful.
Jimbo Franchione
Water Boy
AG
Could Dunning be a closer? I know it's not ideal and he's proven he can be a legit starter but something has to be done about the bullpen. I rather lose the way we did on Monday than last night.
rbtexan
S
Possibly, but he's yet another guy who doesn't fit the profile of what is currently working in MLB bullpens. He doesn't throw exceptionally hard, he's a sinker/groundball guy who doesn't get a lot of strikeouts. That's not really want in your closer, you want the guy who can come in and strike a MF out.
Jimbo Franchione
Water Boy
AG
Also when is the last time we had an above average bullpen? Seems to have been a problem for years. Not sure why that hasn't been addressed. I still remember Dyson and Leclerc blowing every game about 5 years back.
rbtexan
S
It's not an easy thing to do really. If you look at the career stats of a lot of bullpen guys, they're very up & down. They'll have a great season and then a sh*tty one. We had a left handed reliever a few years back, side arm thrower, can't recall his name...he was one of those guys who'd look great one season and then look like dog crap the next.

It's just not an exact science putting a bullpen together. Now the one area where I WILL fault the Rangers is not putting an emphasis on hard throwers. Waaaay too many low to mid 90s guys in this organization.
Jimbo Franchione
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.