*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,388,618 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

Looking like Smith has locked down the closer role. Dude has been pretty good in his last 6.

We might need to do some League City watch parties. I think there's a couple of us on here.
_lefraud_
AG
Fantasy for sure. Jung to 1st and Duran at 3rd could happen but unlikely. Seager isn't giving up SS.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Count me in for that, I'm outnumbered down here as well
bmac_aggie18
AG
Is Dunning well on his way to being at the ASG?

4-0 with a 1.69 ERA
gigem1223
bmac_aggie18 said:

4-0 with a 1.69 ERA

Absolutely. Along with Heim, Semien, Garcia, Eovaldi. Seager may play his way back into it as well if he comes back playing like he was. Hell even Zeke if he stays this hot. Been awhile since we've had a roster this loaded.

Edit*** even Taveras has a case (crazy)
Grapesoda2525
Better not trade Duran CY or I'll be upset.

Why is Huff in the lineup? He doesn't contribute anything and looks overmatched. I'll be glad when Seager is activated so that Huff can go back to triple A.
fc2112
bmac_aggie18
AG
gigem1223 said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

4-0 with a 1.69 ERA

Absolutely. Along with Heim, Semien, Garcia, Eovaldi. Seager may play his way back into it as well if he comes back playing like he was. Hell even Zeke if he stays this hot. Been awhile since we've had a roster this loaded.

Edit*** even Taveras has a case (crazy)

I think we may be close to beating the number of guys we had in the ASG in 2011-2012ish which had to have been around 8 or so
fc2112
Grapesoda2525 said:

I tend to agree, but if a Herschel Walker type deal comes sniffing around, it is a position where we have depth.
Water Boy
AG
Big day for Eovaldi. Going to be a pitching duel tonight. Hopefully we get Strider out of the game early.
Roger Kint
AG
fc2112 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

I tend to agree, but if a Herschel Walker type deal comes sniffing around, it is a position where we have depth.

Yeah, the Mark Teixeira trade basically fueled the two WS appearances. If I team is willing to sell the farm for him, you take it.
Water Boy
AG
This wouldn't happen but would y'all trade Duran for Hader?
vander54
S
World's worst proofreader
gigem1223
Water Boy said:

This wouldn't happen but would y'all trade Duran for Hader?

Hell no. Not trading Duran period at this point. He's 23 and arguably one of the best players on this team currently. Why are we talking about trading Duran anyways?
Mr Gigem
AG
There are enough players in the farm to put a package together without Duran
Tksymm7
AG
Absolutely not. Hader isn't the same dominant closer he was 3 years ago.
gigem1223
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-quarter-season-awards-shohei-ohtani-ronald-acuna-jr-establish-mvp-leads-cy-young-races-wide-open/

Semien in the mix for mvp and Bochy in the mix for MOY.

Crazy stat. Semien is hitting over .530 with risp this season.

Can not wait to see this line up with Seager back at #2. No holes 1-9, with guys like Garver, Grossman, Jankowski on the bench.
KT 90
AG
It takes good players/prospects to get good players in trades, so you can't totally take Duran off the table. But having a good player that is young and affordable/controllable, you don't trade that unless it is for a definite position of need (closer/bullpen). Even then... I'd package Acuna before Duran.
Mr Gigem
AG
Luis Angel Acuna for Ronald Acuna straight up
Water Boy
AG
It's just a hypothetical. Was trying to see if this thread would trade for one of the best closers in the league at a desperately needed position for a young stud. I found my answer.
KT 90
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Luis Angel Acuna for Ronald Acuna straight up
Deal!
Water Boy
AG
He's second in the league in saves and has a 1 era. I think that's still very elite stuff.
Water Boy
AG
My survey results are in. A fair trade for Duran would be Hader, Clase, Ronald Acuna, and 3 top 100 prospects! Fair trade to me.
Tksymm7
AG
He's had stretches the past few years where he's blown saves and given up runs in bunches. He's still a great closer, but he isn't 2020 Hader. Padres aren't trading him anyway.
fc2112
So if Seager is activated today, Huff goes down? So Miller continues to steal oxygen here?
fc2112
So Altuve has started his rehab assignment, but is having some struggles.

Seems the club house attendant in Corpus keeps refusing him admission as children aren't allowed in the locker room.
gigem1223
Hopefully the approach tonight is to make strider throw strikes and see a lot of pitches. He leads the league in Ks but throws a lot of pitches. Ideally we could chase him by the 6th inning and get to that bullpen.
PatriotAg02
AG
fc2112 said:

So Altuve has started his rehab assignment, but is having some struggles.

Seems the club house attendant in Corpus keeps refusing him admission as children aren't allowed in the locker room.
I was at the Sugar Land game on Friday and it took me a while to find him on the field.
PatriotAg02
AG
gigem1223 said:

Hopefully the approach tonight is to make strider throw strikes and see a lot of pitches. He leads the league in Ks but throws a lot of pitches. Ideally we could chase him by the 6th inning and get to that bullpen.
Yep just hope the ump isn't giving him a large strike zone.
rocky_ag
AG
I never like the idea of giving up top prospects for a 2-3 month rental. If we are giving up top prospects to go get any player, I really hope they are here for 2024 and beyond.

That being said, any trade that requires Duran is asking too much right now. He is too valuable. I don't care who the trade is for.
Mr Gigem
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Pretty sure Schloss will be throwing out the first pitch. I'm working on it
gigem1223
Anyone think Seager is gonna be back tonight? Beginning to believe they'll hold him out till Friday.
vander54
S
Wow

World's worst proofreader
KT 90
AG
gigem1223 said:

Anyone think Seager is gonna be back tonight? Beginning to believe they'll hold him out till Friday.

Evan Grant article mentioned that he was dealing with a stomach bug yesterday, uncertain as to when he will play (so hammy must be ready, no indication otherwise by Grant).

As for Barlow and why he went to AAA following spring training, Grant had this in an article (that I hadn't seen previously, other than just that his velo was down):
"Barlow, the club's save leader in 2022 with 13, had been a somewhat surprising demotion at the end of spring. While his results had been good, his velocity had been somewhat slow to respond after offseason wrist surgery. The process took perhaps a little longer than expected. Barlow, 27, had to tinker with his fastball delivery to nudge the fastball velocity up, then found that the tweaks to his delivery negatively impacted his slider."

So presumably Barlow is ready to go now. Or at least better than some of the other alternatives

DeangeloVickers
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 108 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.