*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,013 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
WestTexasAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn it!!
gigem1223
sincereag said:

We don't have a single reliable bullpen arm...

FIFY
PatriotAg02
AG
gigem1223 said:

sincereag said:

FIFY

We have several that have done well. May want to start trying them to close.
gigem1223
PatriotAg02 said:

gigem1223 said:

sincereag said:

FIFY

We have several that have done well. May want to start trying them to close.

Several?
DannyDuberstein
AG
That Tavares defense was just pathetic. Approached that ball only thinking of the throw home, not ending the game with a catch
gigem1223
Leody with terrible fielding to cause the tie now strikes out in a place you absolutely can not strike out
WestTexasAg
AG
Less than ideal 9th and 10th inning for Tavares.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Gotta think about flipping some of the log-jammed talent like Foscue, Huff, etc for bullpen help or they are gonna waste this team.
gigem1223
14 LOB and a blown 4 run lead. What a gut punch
sincereag
The two blown losses in Cincy were a tell tell sign that we won't win anything without a closer. This game just magnifies this weakness.
beagle2009
AG
There is absolutely no question that we lose this game
PatriotAg02
AG
At least our starters are good?
gigem1223
For as much good as CY did in the off-season, everyone and their mom knew this team needed bullpen help and he did absolutely nothing to address it.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Lmao. One pitch.
Silvertaps
AG
Hahahahaha…what a fitting end. Good grief!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Poor pitch and poor catching there
aggietony2010
AG
Man, there's not a less fun weakness to have than a **** bullpen.
Mr Gigem
AG
Lol Sborz came in and just said **** it
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The number of times catchers try to back hand pitches like that drives me insane.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I'm going to stop watching games as soon as the BP comes in. This is just pissing off! Blew a 4 run lead. C'mon!
Double Talkin' Jive...
gigem1223
Likely makes no difference in the outcome but thats on Heim. Gotta block that ball with a runner in third.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

The number of times catchers try to back hand pitches like that drives me insane.

Yeah, that was a really half-assed stab at a ball with a game winning run on 3rd. You gotta go at that 100% to knock down in front of you. That was practically "no runners on base" level effort
Grapesoda2525
I turned it off after the career .200 pinch hitter hit the double off the wall. Figured game was a loss then.
alvtimes
gigem1223 said:

Likely makes no difference in the outcome but thats on Heim. Gotta block that ball with a runner in third.

lemme guess…. Heim had a knee stuck to the ground and couldnt move to block the ball? thank goodness he was able to steal a low strike in the 2nd and 6th
Grapesoda2525

Can we freaking change something up? Send some guys down. Call some guys up. Make a trade that isn't too costly but can help make the pen better.

We've already had 6 or 7 huge kick in the nuts type losses. They're going to start wearing the team down if we let the late inning melt downs continue.
Water Boy
AG
Went to bed middle of the 9th and woke up to this crap.
PatriotAg02
AG
Water Boy said:

Jealous
vander54
S
Water Boy said:

So you're to blame. If you stayed up an watched the bottom half we would have won.
Tksymm7
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Can we freaking change something up? Send some guys down. Call some guys up. Make a trade that isn't too costly but can help make the pen better.

We've already had 6 or 7 huge kick in the nuts type losses. They're going to start wearing the team down if we let the late inning melt downs continue.
The issue here is who are we calling up from AAA? If we had better guys than LeClerc, Ian Kennedy, Will Smith etc. they would have been on the team from the start. I won't argue that Yerry needs to get more innings at this point, but I think it's pretty clear that they didn't think he was better than those mentioned above. You have Cody Bradford but he's a starting pitcher through and through. Grant Anderson is having a good season but he's pitched 7.2 innings. Zach Littell, Joe Barlow, Dominc Leone or Taylor Hearne? I doubt it. We're going to have to get guys through trades, but I highly doubt teams are looking to trade at this early stage of the season.
KT 90
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

The issue here is who are we calling up from AAA? If we had better guys than LeClerc, Ian Kennedy, Will Smith etc. they would have been on the team from the start. I won't argue that Yerry needs to get more innings at this point, but I think it's pretty clear that they didn't think he was better than those mentioned above. You have Cody Bradford but he's a starting pitcher through and through. Grant Anderson is having a good season but he's pitched 7.2 innings. Zach Littell, Joe Barlow, Dominc Leone or Taylor Hearne? I doubt it. We're going to have to get guys through trades, but I highly doubt teams are looking to trade at this early stage of the season.

Funny you mention Littell, we actually sent him to Boston yesterday:

KT 90
AG
Barlow has had MLB success, but for whatever reason his velo was down a bit during spring training. He is supposedly working on getting back into form at AAA. He may be an option at some point. I am not sure if there was an injury involved at some point with the velo issue, don't recall hearing about one, but it's certainly possible.
Tksymm7
AG
I did see some clips of Jack Leiter's outing yesterday and it looked like he was locating his fastball about as good as I've seen as a Rangers prospect. He still missed high occasionally, but he was also able to throw it low in the zone for strikeouts. Hopefully he's found something that he can continue to work on in order to throw his fastball where he wants it more often.

Rocker was also good, again. He's got 37 SO in 23.1 innings pitched. It's pretty clear that he's above high A ball, and I think the reason they sent him there was to work on some new pitches like a changeup and sinker/2-seamer. Better to hone new pitches there than in a AA league that mashes.
rocky_ag
AG
The thing is, even if we call up all of our best minor league relievers and they are terrible, they're not doing much worse than the current bullpen. What is the old saying? If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten... time for some changes, IMO.
Grapesoda2525
Tksymm7 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

I think we need to do something. I mean we're in first place over 30 games into the season.

I'd even be willing to roll the dice on new bullpen arms even if we think they're not better. You never know how a guy will react when he's out there. Look at Leclerc, his stuff is great but he fails because he's a mental midget.
DallasAg 94
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.