*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,805 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Dwb22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure Foscue could get us some bullpen help
gigem1223
We had a day off Monday, a day off tomorrow. I just don't understand why the **** you'd put LeClerc in that situation. Just dumb management.
PatriotAg02
AG
Just one of those day I suppose
DeangeloVickers
AG
Dang I thought Semien got that one
Mr Gigem
AG

DallasAg 94
rocky_ag
AG
Time to start thinking about moving Leclerc and Kennedy. Both have been very bad and have played large hands in the bullpen woes. If it continues much longer, a DFA for both of them has to be on the table.
Grapesoda2525
Seemed like Arizona followed the reds playbook on how to beat us today. Just load up on walks and get those runs to score. We gotta throw strikes, but in fairness to Arizona they actually were mashing the ball in the earlier innings.

gigem1223
Told myself before the Arizona series I'd be happy with a split. Nothing more frustrating in baseball than a good team with a few bad bullpen arms. Gotta imagine CY will address this at the deadline.

On to LA, where luck may be on our side for once with pitching matchups. We're fortunate to dodge Ohtani, should have the upper hand each game on the bump. Just keep winning series.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
We need a trade for some bullpen arms bad. Maybe we can get a bag of balls for LeClerc.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Terrible loss today. Like someone said, too many walks. LeClerc for sure needs to be DFA'd. If he clears waivers and he's agreeable, he can go to AAA and work out his issues. Like I said earlier, he looks like he's overpitching.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Grapesoda2525
My theory is Bochy saw that the Astros lost already and decided to try to win the game with the underbelly of the bullpen.

Turns out the underbelly is weaker than we all would like. Bullpen pieces are always widely available at the deadline and tons of them are moved so should be plenty of opportunity to upgrade our team.

I'd just stay away from trading Carter or Duran.
beagle2009
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

My theory is Bochy saw that the Astros lost already and decided to try to win the game with the underbelly of the bullpen.

Turns out the underbelly is weaker than we all would like. Bullpen pieces are always widely available at the deadline and tons of them are moved so should be plenty of opportunity to upgrade our team.

If Bochy is making bullpen decisions off of the standings at this point in the season then he's off his rocker.
Grapesoda2525
beagle2009 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

If Bochy is making bullpen decisions off of the standings at this point in the season then he's off his rocker.
If you want to see some "off the rocker" **** then read the last 10-15 pages of the Astros thread. It's pretty fun.
Grapesoda2525
I'm not sure if I read it on the texags Astro board or a different one, but yesterday one of the Astro fans suggested that they should've signed Eovaldi for pitching rotation depth.

One of the other Astro fans pointed out how stupid that assertion was because the first fan was pretty much saying " come sign with us and if some injuries happen then you can start games for us". As if Eovaldi would even consider going down there, waiting until 3 guys get hurt, then join the rotation.

Delusional!
94chem
Mr Gigem said:

I'm new to this form of sportball. Is that rectangle thingy some sort of force field?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Water Boy
AG
Well he is from Houston. Odd they are talking about pitching right now as a worry since their pitching has only given up 12 runs in the last 4 games when we have given up 12 runs just last night. It's hard to win ball games when you score 2 runs a night.
Tksymm7
AG
Mr Gigem said:

This is disgusting. His fastball spray chart would also suggest he's possibly blind.
vander54
S
Mr Gigem said:

His fastballs are all high and out of the zone. That tells my untrained eye that he is overthrowing.
World's worst proofreader
KT 90
AG
vander54 said:

Mr Gigem said:

His fastballs are all high and out of the zone. That tells my untrained eye that he is overthrowing.

or struggling with his mechanics/release point due to some physical impairment issue. And since he must be injured, I believe a stay on the IL is in order so that he can figure out what that issue is, and we can call up somebody that can at least throw strikes

Tksymm7
AG
I think he's more just washed, but I'm sure something mechanically is wrong as well. His fastball use to be 97-98 and now it's 93-94. That's falling off a cliff and just not as useful in todays bullpens.
DannyDuberstein
AG
His fastball drifting high and right has always been an issue and it is worse than ever
vander54
S
Good point
World's worst proofreader
Grapesoda2525
Tksymm7 said:

I think he's more just washed, but I'm sure something mechanically is wrong as well. His fastball use to be 97-98 and now it's 93-94. That's falling off a cliff and just not as useful in todays bullpens.
He also looks like a deer in headlights out there. Don't trust him with a close game at all.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Even less so when he seemingly has no idea where that 93-94 is going.
gigem1223
Seager expected back in 7-10 days
gigem1223
Since there was some debate about this offense and how sustainable their run production was without Seager in the line up, I went back and looked up their run production since Seager went on the IL. In 18 games they've scored 124 runs, or 6.9 runs per game.

With Seager in the line up they were averaging 6 runs per game.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Since there was some debate about this offense and how sustainable their run production was without Seager in the line up, I went back and looked up their run production since Seager went on the IL. In 18 games they've scored 124 runs, or 6.9 runs per game.

Seager went down before zeke and jank were discovered. I think the offense will be crazy good when Seager gets back.
Schall 02
AG
Strong Dallas-like curse vibes.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

gigem1223 said:

Seager went down before zeke and jank were discovered. I think the offense will be crazy good when Seager gets back.

Jank was playing well before Seager went down. Duran's emergence has been huge in his absence.
gigem1223
2 off days in one week is sacrilege
Grapesoda2525
The days off suck for us as fans, but come at a good time for the team because it helps get degrom and Seager back quicker without incurring any losses.
WestTexasAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

What??
rocky_ag
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

The days off suck for us as fans, but come at a good time for the team because it helps get degrom and Seager back quicker without incurring any losses.
Overall though, our upcoming schedule will really hurt us in this respect. 13 games in the next 13 days. Seager will probably be back some time in that stretch, but unlikely deGrom is. I think Dunning will probably start at least @ LAA, @Seattle, and vs. Atlanta.
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.