*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,383,178 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Tksymm7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Seager has at least two weeks left on the IL, so I want to see Duran really get prolonged, everyday at-bats. He's been awesome and looks like a dude, but just want him to now be consistent with it over a period of time being the everyday guy.

That being said, when Seager does come back he's probably the guy in LF. I don't love that because I really think he's an infielder (and a good one at that). But you play him in LF consistently and have Leody and Bubba platoon CF. I still very much believe that Jung needs to start working in at 1st some and let Lowe DH. We all know Lowe is a below average first baseman, and Jung is solid at 3rd but he's not Beltre out there. We could also say the same thing about Seager. He's an average at best defensive SS, so what do they do with him as he ages out of the SS position? We have guys like Duran who are probably better fielders, but it's hard to move guys like Seager.
fc2112
Keep in mind Garver is due back in a couple of weeks too. He'll be the DH spot most nights since there's no way you sit the best catcher in baseball right now.

Kinda funny that just a year ago, we were looking for Heim to just hold us over until Huff was ready. We really need to look at what we could get for Huff now.
Tksymm7
AG
Garver is another guy I have no clue what they do with when he comes back. Is there space for Garver at all? Heim is the guy and they have been pretty outspoken that they like Sandy Leon catching Eovaldi (Sandy is probably a better defensive catcher than Garver at this point overall, as well).
fc2112
Perhaps Garver gets inticide to accept a trade to a contender?
ChoppinDs40
AG
do what we've always done.. trade our away our best young position talent for a mid-season rental on a washed up SP...
ClassOf17
Mr Gigem
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

do what we've always done.. trade our away our best young position talent for a mid-season rental on a washed up SP...
ChoppinDs40
AG
oh wait, Jon Daniels isn't the GM anymore, yes yes good good.
Mr Gigem
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

oh wait, Jon Daniels isn't the GM anymore, yes yes good good.

Yes, if JD were still the GM we'd probably be shopping Zeke right now. Would be a huge mistake
rbtexan
S
I never could quite get a handle on what JD was thinking. He seemed willing to spend big money on long term deals for players (Choo, Fielder, etc.) but was almost diametrically opposed to doing the same on pitching. Always in search of reclamation projects. It worked a few times (Lance Lynn & the one good season we got out of Kyle Gibson, and Colby Lewis) but you're always going to strike out more times than not on those guys. Watching the FA pitching signings was a constant exercise in frustration, as if he was bound & determined to prove people wrong and find a stud on someone else's scrap heap.

Mr. Gigem knows much better than I do, and I could be completely wrong. To me, JD was always endlessly combing through haystacks when he was standing in front of a needle factory.
Jimbo Franchione
fc2112
Mr. Gigem knows better than us, but JD struck me as someone who wanted to be seen as the smartest guy in the room. It's easy to sign deGrom and have a great pitcher - it's a lot more challenging to find an All Star in Lance Lynn.
Mr Gigem
AG
I don't know any better than anyone else what JD's thought process was. I'm not really connected to the baseball ops side of things. I see all the same stuff that y'all do, and not really anything more, so your guess is as good as mine.
fc2112
Tell y'all one thing - front office has to be thrilled with attendance and concession sales. That's the biggest Monday crowd I've seen in years.
TexAg1822
AG
fc2112 said:

Tell y'all one thing - front office has to be thrilled with attendance and concession sales. That's the biggest Monday crowd I've seen in years.

Build and they will come!
Water Boy
AG
Attendance is going great since the front office is actually putting in the effort and money to build something. The rangers have a great fan base. The past few years was terrible for fans since there was no clear direction for the team. Even if we don't win 100 plus ball games a year I will still support since I see the front office actually trying to win. This fan base has been hungry for good baseball for years.
Mr Gigem
AG
fc2112 said:

_lefraud_
AG
Getting the Braves and then Cardinals for Mon, Tue, Wed games is only going to help.
fc2112
BTW - Alan Porter wasn't nearly as bad a he felt like he was last night. Probably his best game of the year.

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
fc2112 said:

BTW - Alan Porter wasn't nearly as bad a he felt like he was last night. Probably his best game of the year.

I'm not one to complain profusely about umpires and referees however, it appears the Rangers overcame almost a 1 run Arizona favorable ump and the hottest pitcher in baseball. Not bad for a Monday nights work.
Double Talkin' Jive...
gigem1223
Heim time!
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Jonah Dirt with a bomb!
Double Talkin' Jive...
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Zeke got robbed by RF. Should have been a hit. Nice defense.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Damn, Heaney gives up a 3 run, 2 out homer.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Tksymm7
AG
Two of those runs were walks too.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Rookie of the month, Josh Jung, with an upper deck blast to cut the Dback lead to 3-2.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Tksymm7
AG
Nice to see him bounce back after a tough day at the plate yesterday.
gigem1223
Bad Heaney today
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
gigem1223 said:

Bad Heaney today

What the heck happened? Is stepped away for three minutes and now it's 5-2.

Double Talkin' Jive...
Tksymm7
AG
6-2 now. Homers and walks.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Two HRs for Walker today. Now 6-2.
Double Talkin' Jive...
ClassOf17
6-3

Leody HR
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Nice!
Double Talkin' Jive...
gigem1223
Can we get one of these homers with men on base?
DeangeloVickers
AG
Leon with some serious speed
ClassOf17
6-4 LFG
First Page Last Page
Page 78 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.