*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,383,927 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This team with a bullpen is gonna be something.
Silvertaps
AG
Jung with 5 RBIs…that's a good day
aggietony2010
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

aggietony2010 said:

Martin Perez throws a 4 pitch 5th inning in which he gave up two hits.

I'm gonna have to go back and watch that one.

Me too. I got up to pee after two first pitch singles and came back to a commercial break.
awrollins
Jonah Heim is so good man. Just an elite catcher period. Gotta love Zeke raking recently too!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
awrollins said:

Jonah Heim is so good man. Just an elite catcher period. Gotta love Zeke raking recently too!

Yep. Some of these pieces are definitely developing into legitimate big league players.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Semien is the leader of this team. He is just a grinder. I wasn't sold on him until the last few weeks. I know he always plays and never sits but he just hustles. I think his slow start last season had me iffy on him.

Heim is still my favorite but Jung is creeping up on him. We're going to have a great team if we can keep these young guys together with the leadership of Semien and some good starting pitching.

Now, for a bullpen.
Double Talkin' Jive...
AgBQ-00
AG
So this game has been fun
gigem1223
awrollins said:

Thank you Elvis! Highway robbery by JD
Silvertaps
AG
You have plenty of room on the scoreboard to just throw strikes…and you walk one in?
PatriotAg02
AG
Only blemish today is this performance from Rodriguez
PatriotAg02
AG
Eh wasn't a catastrophe.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Poor Yankees! Poor Yankees!

3 of 4 series win!
AgBQ-00
AG
Hello win column!
beagle2009
AG
Huge series win after dropping that turd in Cincy. Got to address the bullpen but this offense is cookin. Should only get better once Seager is back.
Tksymm7
AG
Gotta give him a few chances. I know it was a blowout when he came in but it was his first time for the season.

Guys played really well against the Yankees overall. And the pitching was great. Only area I'm worried about is CF/LF. Leody looks bad bad.
KT 90
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Only blemish today is this performance from Rodriguez

Yeah, he started out good. Got to first two batters and was sitting 98, touching 100 with the FB. But then struggled for that last out. But you can't have a bases loaded walk with a huge lead like that. Make'em hit it and earn it.

But it was his first outing of the year in the bigs (had a couple last year), so at least it was a low risk game and he has it behind him now.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Great response of a series after the Reds sweep.
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm very happy overall with the first month. Obviously nothing is won yet. But, they have not put themselves out of it. Feels alot like the 2009 team. Hope they build more consistency over the year and not play to their opponent as much.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Josh Hung
Water Boy
AG
Add a stud arm to the bullpen and have a guy or two from our minors develop into a solid starter and we can be a scary team next season. Obviously we would need to get lucky and stay relatively healthy.
fc2112
twilly
AG

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
cmiller00
AG
I guess the Astros fan starting a thread on Premium to talk trash was the slump buster.
KT 90
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

I'm very happy overall with the first month. Obviously nothing is won yet. But, they have not put themselves out of it. Feels alot like the 2009 team. Hope they build more consistency over the year and not play to their opponent as much.
Thrilled with the first month for me. I was (and still am) hoping for 85 wins. If you told me Seager would go down with an extended injury and we are still playing .600+ baseball, I'd take that every time.

Obviously the deGrom situation will be pivotal. But even if we have to slide Dunning into the rotation this team is doing well so far. Bullpen is the biggest need. Might need to trade some of that minor league infield depth for a bullpen arm. They are blocked by Semien/Seager, so need to move someone at some point anyway.

DallasAg 94
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Nope, not a sweep Dallas Ag. Hope to see you and your lengthy analysis soon but not today.

Close but no cigar.
Double Talkin' Jive...
DallasAg 94
gigem1223
Saw this on LSB. Great first month from the bats.

Leody is the only starter with a wRC+ below 100

Grossman is the next lowest at 110

Heim at 171
Semien at 125
Lowe at 123
Jung at 129
Adolis at 133
Jankowski at 129
Duran at 120
Seager at 186
Tksymm7
AG
The three positions I think we'll be after will be OF/SP/RP. OF and RP are pretty obvious, but SP (like Evan Grant mentioned in his article) should be looked at as well. With Winn and Leiter having fallen off the planet, and other guys like Rocker, White, and Roby still being at least a full year away, there's no help coming from the minors in that department. So, if you can get another starting caliber arm with deGrom's health, you do it.

The first team I am looking at for trades is the White Sox. Guys like Liam Hendriks (as long as he's healthy) and Lucas Giolito (free agent after this year), or Tyler O'Neill and Dylan Carlson from the Cardinals.
gigem1223
This team seems to play their best ball against good teams. Rangers are now 10-5 against teams with winning records this season.
gigem1223
Day off tomorrow and on to the D-Backs. Tough draw as we face their 1 & 2 with our 4 & 5. Will be happy with a split.
WestTexasAg
AG
awrollins said:

Jonah Heim should have been an all star last year. Had better numbers than Trevino. Hopefully it happens for him this year.
gigem1223
WestTexasAg said:

awrollins said:

Jonah Heim should have been an all star last year. Had better numbers than Trevino. Hopefully it happens for him this year.

It's already happening again this year with Adley in Baltimore. You got fools on cbs already crowning him the starting catcher at the all-star game despite Heim being better at nearly every stat, doubling his WAR.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Day off tomorrow and on to the D-Backs. Tough draw as we face their 1 & 2 with our 4 & 5. Will be happy with a split.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like we have seen an ace or "that pitcher you don't want to see". From the other team in pretty much every series so far.

Is there a series where we got off easy on the pitching matchups?

Phillies was obviously 1,2,3

Royals we saw greinke once and Keller twice

We saw reds best pitcher in the last game of that series

We saw Cole against yankees

We got 1,2,3 up in Chicago against the cubs.

Houston we saw Framber and Brown

Oakland is so bad I can't tell if we got there bad pitchers or not.

I know there are pitching rotations, but It seems like we've had bad luck with pitching matchups
Grapesoda2525
Jonah Heim appreciation for an off day:
Among MLB catchers:
- 3rd in hard hit % (49.2)
- 5th in barrel/PA (8.5)
- 5th in exit velo (91.9)
- 1st in OPS (.978)
- 1st in SLG (.592)
- 3rd in OBP (.386)
- 2nd in AVG (.321)
- 2nd in BABIP (.310)

and the best pitch framer in the business. so glad Oakland traded us this guy.

Astro fans should be jealous because they crap on Maldonado in their thread on a daily basis.
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.