*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,383,973 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Super Aggie 64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hello Win Column!

Eovaldi complete game shutout of the Yankees!

Largest crowd ever at Globe Life Field!
alvtimes
Ladies and Gents… THAT is how you respond when your ace lands on the DL!!!!! Awesome!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
CG Shut Out of the Yanks is awesome.
FTAco07
AG
Hell of a game, but if this is the largest crowd ever that's sad. I don't doubt they sold the most tickets, but there were empty seats all over the place all game long.
alvtimes
FTAco07 said:

Hell of a game, but if this is the largest crowd ever that's sad. I don't doubt they sold the most tickets, but there were empty seats all over the place all game long.

Have you seen the team since stadium opened???? Not exactly s high ticket item!!! lol
Danny Vermin
I was thinking a split would be fantastic but we have a chance to take the series tomorrow.
Water Boy
AG
Amazing performance on the mound against the biggest brand in baseball at home on a Saturday night. Let's get the series win tomorrow!
gigem1223
FTAco07 said:

Not from what I saw on tv.They even showed all the seats on tv when announcing it. 40k+ in attendance
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Maybe not everyone showed up today, but you could only buy SRO tickets from the Rangers website/MLB app. Tickets on secondary markets were outrageously expensive.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Mr Gigem
AG
gigem1223 said:

FTAco07 said:

Not from what I saw on tv.They even showed all the seats on tv when announcing it. 40k+ in attendance

I was there. It was a packed house
FTAco07
AG
I was there and it was definitely a great crowd but nowhere close to every seat filled. It felt like a couple of opening day crowds have been bigger to me.
Grapesoda2525
I think it could be said that we're catching the Yankees at a good time. No judge, no Stanton, and they're relying on guys like Trevino, Willie C, and IKF. Not the usual all star laden lineup we see from the Yankees. Unfortunately, we did draw Garrett Cole and it was a loss, but we need to take advantage of the yanks being down and beat them 3/4.
Mr Gigem
AG
Don't forget they are also down Rodon and Severino
Tksymm7
AG
Definitely agree. And even with Judge and Stanton in their lineup leaves a ton to be desired. It's a bunch of JAGS after their top 4 hitters or so, and even though I like Volpe he looks like he's in over his skis. I think the Yankees could be in for a tough year.
WestTexasAg
AG
Duran is really coming on. Josh Smith wasn't getting anything done as Seager's temporary replacement, and Duran has really seized his opportunity. Starting to think he could be our regular left fielder once Seager returns.
Grapesoda2525
WestTexasAg said:

Duran is really coming on. Josh Smith wasn't getting anything done as Seager's temporary replacement, and Duran has really seized his opportunity. Starting to think he could be our regular left fielder once Seager returns.
Smith has definitely **** the bed and Duran has done the opposite. I'm not done with smith, but I'd like to see him go down to triple A and work on his hitting.
Dwb22
AG
Pretty close to every seat imo. By 7th inning or so I would guess 95% or so based on my vantage point
Grapesoda2525
It's funny how much the Astro fans hate their catcher and they also blame most of their problems on dusty who will be a first ballot hall of famer.

The Astros wouldn't have a legitimate championship if they hired Jeff banister over dusty. Banny was a meathead. In my opinion, they have 1 and 1/2 championships because of the cheating crap.
fc2112
I'm still optimistic on this season.

We have yet to hear whether deGrom will be out for any significant time.

According to Bochy, Seager and Garver may still be three weeks away, but their backups are playing adequately.

Oh yeah, seeing as some lament bad trades continually, let's be even handed here.

Quote:

On July 29, 2021, Duran along with Josh Smith, Glenn Otto, and Trevor Hauver were traded to the Texas Rangers (from Yankees) in exchange for Joey Gallo and Joely Rodrguez.
KT 90
AG
With upcoming off days, another starter not needed just yet.

Tksymm7
AG
That's a good piece by EG, but it definitely doesn't paint a pretty picture per se. I agree with his idea that we don't need to sit tight or simply accept the mind-set of "it is what it is." We need to continue to try and improve on the mound and especially in the bullpen. We need to be going all in on this window that is right in front of us.
aggietony2010
AG
Jung saying screw you ump, I'll hit a grand slam anyway.
Tksymm7
AG
Leody striking out in 7/8 plate appearances is less than ideal.
PatriotAg02
AG
Good start!
aggietony2010
AG
I'm looking forward to the umpire scorecard from this one. This ump has already had 3 WTF called strikes.
alvtimes
Looks like Angel behind the plate today!
Tksymm7
AG
Martin is a little wobbly here. Need him to bear down and get through some hard middle innings.
PatriotAg02
AG
Whem Martin misses, they usually connect. Gotta locate.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Adolis guns him down
PatriotAg02
AG
What a throw!
aggietony2010
AG
Martin Perez throws a 4 pitch 5th inning in which he gave up two hits.
gigem1223
Back to back Jacks!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Martin Perez throws a 4 pitch 5th inning in which he gave up two hits.

I'm gonna have to go back and watch that one.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Rangers home run derby!
PatriotAg02
AG
Bomb Sunday

4 so far
First Page Last Page
Page 73 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.